Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf Cost In IndiaChat
What is Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf?
Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF) is a surgical procedure to remove a herniated or degenerative disc in the neck.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In ACDF an incision is involved in the procedure, particularly in the throat area to remove the disc, then a graft is inserted to fuse together the bones above and below the disc.
Who is the Right Doctor for Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf?
For Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion, both Neurosurgeons and Orthopaedic Spine Surgeons are the right doctors.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
Usually, the success rate of ACDF is between 93 to 100%
The associated side effects of Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion may include, Hoarseness in voice, swallowing difficulties etc.
Cost related to Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in India
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Anterior Cervical Discectomy||Rs.239760 to Rs.319680|
|Cervical Spine Surgery||Rs.310800 to Rs.414400|
|Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF)||Rs.177600 to Rs.236800|
|Endoscopic Micro Discectomy MED||Rs.133200 to Rs.177600|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in IndiaFilter
Showing 126 Hospitals and doctors for Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in India
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Established in 1996, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is NABL and JCI accredited.
- Apollo Group offers 10,000 beds across 64 hospitals, more than 2,200 pharmacies, over 100 primary care & diagnostic clinics and 115 telemedicine units across 9 countries.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has 52 specialties under one roof.
- Major specialities of the hospital include Anaesthesia, Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Cancer, Paediatrics, Critical Care, Emergency Care, Fetal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Interventional Radiology, IVF, Liver and Kidney Transplant, Nuclear Medicine, Nephrology, Neurosciences, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Otolaryngology (ENT), Paediatrics, Pediatric Surgery, Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Respiratory & Sleep Medicine, Rheumatology, Spine Surgery, Urology and Andrology and Vascular and Endovascular Surgery.
- First hospital in India to perform a Paediatric Liver Transplant in 1998.
- The hospital ranked first in Neurosciences, Renal Sciences, Oncology, Paediatrics, Gynaecology and Obstetrics & Emergency in The Times Of India Healthcare Survey 2016.
- It has also ranked the 6th Best Private Hospital in India for Cardiology by The WEEK in the Best Hospital Survey 2013 conducted by A C Nielsen.
- Awarded a Special Commendation for the Golden Peacock Environment Management Award by a jury chaired by Justice P. N. Bhagwati and Former Chief Justice of India for the hospital's environmental practices.
Indian Spinal Injuries Center, New Delhi
- NABH and NABL accredited, Indian Spinal Injuries Center is the most advanced Spine, Orthopaedic, Neuromuscular, Arthroscopic Surgical Center in India.
- It attends over 200,000 patients across 55 countries every year.
- Offers high quality treatment at affordable rates.
- Specializes in Spine Surgery, Orthopedics, Rheumatology, Neurology, Rehabilitation, Urology, and Plastic Surgery.
- Established in 1997, the hospital's motto is 'a patient for a patient' and provides everything that a spine injured patient would need to recover.
- With the Director of the hospital, Major HPS Ahuluwalia's vision, the government of Italy had invested 10 million American dollars in the project through San Raffaelle Hospital, Milan.
- It is the largest ever Italian collaboration in the health care sector of the country.
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
The neurosurgical experts deliver the superlative degree of clinical care with a focus on using minimally invasive techniques whenever possible.
The team is highly skilled in treating conditions such as a cerebral aneurysm, Arteriovenous Malformations, Subarachnoid Haemorrhage, Metastatic Spinal Column Tumours etc
The neurosurgery is well-armed with the modern equipment to perform deep brain stimulation, brain aneurysm coiling, brain and spinal arteriovenous malformations embolization, intracranial angioplasty and stenting and many more.
Presently, the latest neuro intervention implants are being deployed such as Flow diverters, Liquid embolization agents like Squid and Phil, low profile intracranial stents and newer intracranial balloons.
Approximately 250-300 neurointerventional procedures are conducted each year.
Dr.Vijay K Dixit, one of the best neurosurgeons in India, works with the hospital has an experience of about 18 years.
So far, he has performed about 10,000 spinal and neural angiograms, 2000 neuro-intervention procedures and more than 1400 aneurysm coiling procedures.
Doctors for Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in India
NeurosurgeonDirector, 20 years of experience
- Dr Sandeep Vaishya is one of the top Neurosurgeons in India.
- He has 22+ years of experience in the field & has been associated with some of the best hospitals in India.
- His specializations are Intracranial Brain Tumour Surgery, Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery, Skull Base Surgery, Brain Surgery, General Surgery, Minimally Invasive Brain, Spine Surgery & Image-Guided Neurosurgery, Peripheral Nerve Surgery, and Brachial Plexus Surgery.
- Dr. Vaishya has completed his MBBS & MS from the well-known G R Medical College, Gwalior. Following which he did his MCh at the prestigious AIIMS, Delhi.
- He is an awardee of the Sundt Fellowship at Mayo Clinic, USA.
- He is one of the leading surgeons in the world for brachial plexus Injuries and in South Asia for Gamma Knife Surgery.
- He did several successful surgeries in the field of neurosurgery.
- Dr. Vaishya's treatment for Hydrocephalus was also featured in the popular Netflix documentary Rooting for Roona.
Cost of consultation for Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf with Dr. Sandeep Vaishya starts from INR 2000.
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 19 years of experience
- Dr Arun Saroha is a renowned brain & spine surgeons in India.
- With an experience of over 14 years, he is one of the first few to perform Soliosis surgery in India.
- On completing his MS from RNT Medical College, Udaipur, he did his Mch (Neurosurgery) from the renowned PGI Chandigarh.
- He has more than 8000 brain and spine surgeries to his credit.
- He is a visiting faculty to various famous organisations like Ferdinand Church University ,Nigeria ,Baghdad University ,Baghdad,
- Dr Arun as his expertise in Brain Tumour Surgery, Brain Aneurysms, Spine Surgeries, Spine Instrumentation surgeries, Management of head injury patients.
- He can be followed at LinkedIn https://in.linkedin.com/in/arunsaroha
Cost of consultation for Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf with Dr. Arun Saroha starts from INR 1400.
Spine SurgeonHOD, 20 years of experience
- Dr. Vidyadhara is a renowned Spine Surgeon with 20 years of experience.
- He has performed nearly 6000 spine surgeries so far.
- Some of the key areas of his interest are spinal disc surgery, joint dislocation treatment, spine injury, scoliosis correction, slip disc, neck & spine biopsy, etc.
- He has won more than 30 national and international awards during his academic career for excellence in spine surgeries.
- He has numerous international publications in indexed journals.
- He was awarded the ISCA Young Scientist Award from the then President of India, the Lester Lowe SICOT Award in 2007, and ISSLS Best Research Award in 2010.
- He was the third Indian who won the prestigious SRS Traveling Fellowship to visit the best centers for Spine surgery in the USA.
- After completing his MBBS, Dr. Vidyadhara went on to specialize in orthopedics by doing MS from Kasturba Medical College and DNB from the National Board of Examinations.
Cost of consultation for Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf with Dr. Vidyadhara S. starts from INR 900.
Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Mild cases may not need treatment. But, moderate to severe cases that are left untreated can lead to pain and increasing deformity, as well as potential heart and lung damage.
Also, if it is the case of a young child, the deformity increases drastically with hormone changes happening during puberty.
Vertebral fusion at more than one level may also be a risk factor for dysphagia. In summary, it appears from this study that difficulty swallowing after spinal surgery is an effect associated with anterior cervical spine (neck) surgery much more often than with lumbar (low back) spine surgery.
However, this gets normal after 5-7 days of the surgery.
Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion is a surgery to reduce or eliminate chronic pain in the neck and back due to a problem with the discs. This surgery removes the degenerative or herniated disc from the neck
Anterior cervical disectomy is needed to relieve the pressure on the nerve root or on the spinal cord by removing the ruptured disc, in some cases there may also be need of some plates or screws to stable the spine.
This treatment is thought as an effective treatment for nerve root or cord compression which is caused due to herniated disc, according to some recent searches this procedure has not been found to be necessary.
Yes, you can get your disectomy without fusion, anterior cervical discectomy without fusion is a safe and effective treatment for cervical disk herniation.
Some of the alternatives to disectomy surgery are excersises, physiotherapy, medications and injections. When these treatment fails then doctor will suggest you to go for disectomy surgery.
During the Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf - Most Frequently Asked Questions
It will last for 1-2 hours and hospital stay would be for 2 days.
Discectomy surgery will need around one to three hours to complete under general anaesthesia.
Anterior disectomy surgery is being done by an orthopaedics or neurosurgeon.
An incision is being made in front of the neck, the skin incision may be made through one of the natural folds of your neck. Then a graft is inserted to fuse together the bones above and below the disc.
After Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Pain Management at Home after ACDF. Some pain is likely after discharge from the hospital. Narcotic pain medication is usually prescribed to help reduce the pain in the first 1 to 4 weeks after surgery.
After the shower, patients should remove the bandage and dry off the surgical area. Patients should not take a bath until the wound has completely healed, which is usually around 2 weeks after surgery.
The fusion should be solid by about 3 months and the newly fused bone should continue to grow stronger for up to about a year. The surgeon may take X-rays to determine the fusion's progress.
3 Weeks to 3 Months After ACDF Surgery. By 3 weeks, patients usually are cleared to do some light work around the home. Lifting items that weigh more than 10 pounds is now allowed.
You may need to wear a neck brace for a while. It may take 4 to 6 weeks to get back to your usual activities, but it may depend on what kind of surgery you had.
The fusion can take anywhere from three months to a year to become solid after surgery, and you could still have some symptoms during that time.
Your doctor might recommend that you wear a cervical collar to support your neck for the first four to six weeks.
If you're considering an anterior cervical discectomy with fusion (ACDF) surgery for neck pain, it's common to worry about how much your neck will be able to move after the procedure.
After all, one or more of your neck's mobile joints would be fused solid and cease to move. However, this doesn't mean that you will NOT be able to move your neck at all.
It will take around four to six weeks to recover after surgery and till that time you have to avoid doing any heavy strenuous activity. Till that time you have to wear a collar to stabilze your neck.
Some of the common complications of the surgery includes respiratory problem, other problem includes long term pain at the site of bone graft, infection of the incision, infection of the vertebrae and bleeding. These complications are not fatal and they can be treated effectively.
After surgery patient will experience some pain at the incision site, pain killers are usually given to get relief from pain.
If you notice the sign of infection such as redness or draining at the incision site then you should get check with your doctor. The time taken to return back to normal activities are different for ever patient.
How much does Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf cost in different cities in India?
The price for Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in different cities in India is approximately in the range of:
- New Delhi: Rs.202597 to Rs.316883
- Gurgaon: Rs.207792 to Rs.311688
- Noida: Rs.194805 to Rs.324675
- Chennai: Rs.207792 to Rs.298701
- Mumbai: Rs.212987 to Rs.316883
- Bangalore: Rs.202597 to Rs.306493
- Kolkata: Rs.194805 to Rs.293506
- Jaipur: Rs.181818 to Rs.290909
- Mohali: Rs.187013 to Rs.441558
- Ahmedabad: Rs.174026 to Rs.288311
- Hyderabad: Rs.200000 to Rs.303896
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Spine Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf
FAQ videos related to Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf
Our patient's testimonials related to Spine Surgeon
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in other countries, compared to India?
Approximate price of Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in other countries compared to India is:
- Turkey, USD 9600 to USD 14400, approximately 122% higher than India
- Thailand, USD 8000 to USD 12000, approximately 85% higher than India
- Germany, USD 20000 to USD 30000, approximately 363% higher than India
- Israel, USD 16000 to USD 24000, approximately 270% higher than India
- Malaysia, USD 8640 to USD 12960, approximately 100% higher than India