Acute Myeloid Leukemia Aml Treatment Cost In GermanyChat
What is Acute Myeloid Leukemia Aml?
Acute Myeloid Leukemia is a blood cancer that occurs when immature white blood cells build in excess. It progresses rapidly when myeloid cells interfere with the normal production of white blood cells, red blood cells, and platelets.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Cancer physicians prefer chemotherapy, drug therapy followed by bone marrow transplant to lessen the strength of Acute Myeloid Leukemia.
Who is the Right Doctor for Acute Myeloid Leukemia Aml Treatment?
One should prefer hematologist for treating leukemias including Acute Myeloid Leukemia.
A complete blood count (CBC) test, bone marrow aspiration, and biopsy are the tests that may suggest the exact diagnosis.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The five-year survival rate for Acute Myeloid Leukemia patients below 20 years of age is 67%.
Acute Myeloid Leukemia has stages as it starts from the marrow and usually not detected until it spreads to the other organs.
The cost of AML includes:
- Diagnostic tests cost [consulting, blood tests, and pathology (biopsy)]
- Procedure cost (depends on the number of sessions required)
- Cost of treatment (First Bone marrow biopsy and blood tests, Induction chemotherapy, Second Bone marrow Biopsy, Consolidatory chemotherapy)
- Conventional treatment, including cytotoxic induction chemotherapy
- Cost of medications
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Repetitive induction chemotherapy sessions
- Post-bone marrow transplant (BMT) complications, if it happens
- Any additional tests may require knowing the status of the disease during treatment
- The doctor may prescribe specific medication or drugs as a part of post-treatment care and recovery
- An extended stay at the hospital
- Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Acute Myeloid Leukemia Aml Treatment in Germany
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Bone Marrow Transplant||USD 162000 to USD 198000|
|Bone Marrow Cancer||USD 193950 to USD 237050|
Acute Myeloid Leukemia Aml Treatment in Germany
Popular Cities in Germany for Acute Myeloid Leukemia Aml Treatment are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Acute Myeloid Leukemia Aml Treatment in GermanyFilter
Showing 32 Hospitals and doctors for Acute Myeloid Leukemia Aml Treatment in Germany
Vivantes Hospital Group
- The Vivantes Hospital Group is one of the largest state-owned healthcare companies operating around 100 medical departments and institutions, rehabilitation centers, 40 centers of excellence, primary healthcare facilities, 12 nursing facilities, and other outpatient and inpatient healthcare facilities in Berlin, Germany
- The Vivantes Hospital Group was founded in 2001 and the company runs 10 hospitals with a total capacity of nearly 6,000 beds and more than 17,000 employees, 2,300 of which are physicians.
- The Hospitals treat nearly 2,35,622 inpatients and 3,22,503 outpatients per year.
- An exceptional foreign department was established to assist all queries of international patients.
- It is the biggest state-owned hospital group in Berlin providing hospital care for about a third of patients in the city seeking inpatient care.
- Vivantes Clinic August-Victoria received the status of "Baby-friendly hospital" and Vivantes Humboldt and Vivantes Friedrichshain clinics were awarded the UNICEF Quality Awards.
- The tumor center of Vivantes consists of three cancer centers in the north, south, and in the center of Berlin. All three cancer centers are certified by the German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO).
- The Federation for Environmental Protection and Nature Conservation of Germany (Bund Berlin) awarded the Vivantes Neukolln clinic status "Energy Saving Hospital".
Asklepios St. Georg Hospital
- Asklepios St. Georg Hospital is a multispeciality center located in Hamburg and is a part of the Asklepios Medical Group.
- The group which houses a network of 150 medical establishments in 14 federal districts of Germany making it one of the largest private hospital group in Germany with 26,500 beds combined.
- The hospital is certified by the International Organization for Standardization, Switzerland, and the Center for Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation, Germany.
- Furthermore, Asklepios St. Georg has earned 18 awards and certificates that prove the high quality of medical services available in the European Union.
- The Asklepios holds 732 beds and treats about half of all hospital patients in Hamburg (nearly 87,000 patients) annually and covers all medical specialties such as ophthalmology, cardiology, neuroradiology, vascular, dentistry, etc.
- The hospital is located in the center of Hamburg and due to its central location, the location appeals to people of any age and any culture. It is home to wonderful old buildings mixed with sidewalk cafes and shops.
- The Asklepios Hospital is one of the few in the world that utilizes the bactericidal action of copper surfaces to create a "hospital without germs environment".
Doctors for Acute Myeloid Leukemia Aml Treatment in Germany
Prof. Dr. Ernst Spath-Schwalbe
HematologistDirector, 35 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Ernst Spath-Schwalbe is a Hematologist-Oncologist with 35+ years in the field.
- He is a member of the European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO), German Society of Haematology and Oncology/Palliative Care Working Group (DGHO), American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), and American Society of Hematology (ASH).
- He received his medical education at the University of Ulm, Germany in 1980, and was granted an academic title (MD) in 1987.
- He also has trained in internal medicine, medical oncology, and hematology at the University Hospital of Ulm, University Hospital of Lübeck, Germany from 1986 to 1996.
- He has a keen interest in all forms of chemotherapy, adjuvant, remission-inducing, and palliative, Radio-/chemotherapy, Antibody therapy & other new specific therapy forms, Cytokine therapy, etc.
- Prof. Ernst has taught at many reputed academic institutions to aspiring undergraduate students.
HematologistDirector, 42 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Antonio Pezzutto is a Hematologist in Berlin, Germany with a thriving experience of over 42+ years.
- He completed his graduation from the University of Padova Medical School, Padova, Italy in 1972 and laster did his specialty training from the University of Heidelberg in 1983.
- His areas of interest are management of leukemias and lymphoma, evaluation and management of bleeding disorders, blood clots, stem cell transplant (autologous, allogenic & umbilical cord blood transplant), etc.
- Being a keen academician, he has worked as a resident in prestigious institutions such as the University of Padova Medical School and the University of Heidelberg.
- He has won several national and international awards along with speaking at many conferences and gatherings about hematological disorders and cancer.
HematologistDirector, 29 years of experience
- Dr. Christian Scholz is a Hematologist-Oncologist with experience of over 29+ years in the field.
- He is a member of the American Society of Hematology (ASH), the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO), and the German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO).
- He received his medical education at the Technical University Munich, Germany in 1992, and a Postdoctoral Fellowship at Harvard Medical School, Boston, the USA in 1993.
- His areas of interest are the treatment of leukemia and lymphoma, Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS), Lung cancer, Metastatic breast cancer, Gastrointestinal cancer (e.g. colorectal cancer), Germ cell tumor, etc.
- Dr. Scholz has written many research papers for national and international journals.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Acute Myeloid Leukemia Aml
FAQ videos related to Acute Myeloid Leukemia Aml
More searches related to Acute Myeloid Leukemia Aml Treatment
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Acute Myeloid Leukemia Aml in other countries, compared to Germany?
Approximate price of Acute Myeloid Leukemia Aml in other countries compared to Germany is:
- India, USD 14400 to USD 21600, approximately 72% lower than Germany
- Turkey, USD 12000 to USD 18000, approximately 77% lower than Germany
- Thailand, USD 19200 to USD 28800, approximately 63% lower than Germany
- Israel, USD 24800 to USD 37200, approximately 52% lower than Germany
- Singapore, USD 24000 to USD 36000, approximately 54% lower than Germany
- Malaysia, USD 28800 to USD 43200, approximately 45% lower than Germany