Acl Anterior Cruciate Ligament Cost In IndiaChat
What is Acl Anterior Cruciate Ligament?
The ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) is the tissue that connects the thighbone to the shinbone, at the knee. Most ACL injuries occur during certain sports such as basketball, football, tennis etc.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In Anterior Cruciate Ligament reconstruction, the torn ligament is removed and replaced with a piece of tendon from another part of the knee or from a deceased donor.
Who is the Right Doctor for Acl Anterior Cruciate Ligament?
The right doctor to consult for ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) is an Orthopaedic Surgeon along with a Physiotherapist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate is high and varies between 75-97%.
Possible risks of ACL surgery, may include pain behind the kneecap, weakness or stiffness in the knee area.
The cost of ACL Reconstruction includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost (some tests that may be required - X-ray, MRI, blood tests, etc.)
Surgery cost (depends on whether there is a requirement for an implant)
Type and quality of implant being used.
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Medicine cost (Anti-inflammatory, Pain Killers, Antibiotics, etc.)
Patient's hospital stay
Note: In case of a Meniscus tear, implant placement will be done.
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complications if it happens (such as knee stiffness, infection, patellar fracture, etc.)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
If any extra investigations are required
Cost related to Acl Anterior Cruciate Ligament in India
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|ACL Reconstruction||Rs.142080 to Rs.189440|
|Revision ACL Reconstruction Surgery||Rs.155400 to Rs.207200|
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Acl Anterior Cruciate Ligament
ACL - Anterior Cruciate Ligament
Before and after Anterior Cruciate Ligament treatment.
Symptoms of Anterior Cruciate Ligament injury.
The treatment procedure in Anterior Cruciate Ligament.
Implantation in Anterior Cruciate Ligament.
Top hospitals and doctors for Acl Anterior Cruciate Ligament in IndiaFilter
Showing 126 Hospitals and doctors for Acl Anterior Cruciate Ligament in India
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Established in 1996, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is NABL and JCI accredited.
- Apollo Group offers 10,000 beds across 64 hospitals, more than 2,200 pharmacies, over 100 primary care & diagnostic clinics and 115 telemedicine units across 9 countries.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has 52 specialties under one roof.
- Major specialities of the hospital include Anaesthesia, Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Cancer, Paediatrics, Critical Care, Emergency Care, Fetal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Interventional Radiology, IVF, Liver and Kidney Transplant, Nuclear Medicine, Nephrology, Neurosciences, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Otolaryngology (ENT), Paediatrics, Pediatric Surgery, Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Respiratory & Sleep Medicine, Rheumatology, Spine Surgery, Urology and Andrology and Vascular and Endovascular Surgery.
- First hospital in India to perform a Paediatric Liver Transplant in 1998.
- The hospital ranked first in Neurosciences, Renal Sciences, Oncology, Paediatrics, Gynaecology and Obstetrics & Emergency in The Times Of India Healthcare Survey 2016.
- It has also ranked the 6th Best Private Hospital in India for Cardiology by The WEEK in the Best Hospital Survey 2013 conducted by A C Nielsen.
- Awarded a Special Commendation for the Golden Peacock Environment Management Award by a jury chaired by Justice P. N. Bhagwati and Former Chief Justice of India for the hospital's environmental practices.
Indian Spinal Injuries Center, New Delhi
- NABH and NABL accredited, Indian Spinal Injuries Center is the most advanced Spine, Orthopaedic, Neuromuscular, Arthroscopic Surgical Center in India.
- It attends over 200,000 patients across 55 countries every year.
- Offers high quality treatment at affordable rates.
- Specializes in Spine Surgery, Orthopedics, Rheumatology, Neurology, Rehabilitation, Urology, and Plastic Surgery.
- Established in 1997, the hospital's motto is 'a patient for a patient' and provides everything that a spine injured patient would need to recover.
- With the Director of the hospital, Major HPS Ahuluwalia's vision, the government of Italy had invested 10 million American dollars in the project through San Raffaelle Hospital, Milan.
- It is the largest ever Italian collaboration in the health care sector of the country.
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
The hospital has successfully performed more than 1668 joint replacement surgeries, 4753 arthroscopic surgeries, and 1864 spine surgeries.
The orthopedic department specializes in orthobiologic techniques such as
Autologous chondrocytes for articular cartilage repair
Autologous osteoblasts and stem cells for bone repair in avascular necrosis
Platelet Rich Plasma for musculotendinous problems
Dr. Dinshaw Pardiwala, a senior orthopaedist works with the hospital is considered as one of the best orthopedic surgeons in India.
He has performed more than 3000 arthroscopic procedures in 4 years at Kokilaben Hospital so far with 0% post-operative infection rate.
There is no case reported for the need of repeat surgery for sports injury at the Kokilaben hospital.
Doctors for Acl Anterior Cruciate Ligament in India
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonDirector, 20 years of experience
- Dr. Prithvi Mohandas is a recognized Orthopedic Specialist with over 20 years of experience.
- He collaborated with the Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, in determining the variables that affect hip implant design, the effect of load transfer in the femoral head, and minimally invasive surgery.
- After obtaining his medical degree, he completed his obligatory three-year General Surgical training in Manchester.
- He also completed a three-year fellowship in hip joint surgery at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore.
- He was appointed Director of Hip Arthroplasty at MIOT Hospitals, Chennai, in 2007.
- In 2008, he became Secretary of the Indo-German Orthopaedic Foundation. He lectured in the Atypical scenario of Indian hip surgery in Seoul, Beijing, Bangkok, Colombo, Manchester, and Rochester, Minnesota.
- In 2010, he was appointed Joint Managing Director, MIOT Hospitals, Chennai.
- After delivering the Keynote address on Indian Healthcare at the House of Lords in the Spring of 2011, he started the Indo-British Health Initiative (IBHI).
- Dr. Mohandas organized the Diabetes Summit in January 2013, followed by the biggest ever Oncology Summit in India in September 2013 with 20 UK and 60 top Indian Oncologists in attendance, and the recent HIPEC Meet in November 2014.
- He divides his time between training young Orthopaedic Surgeons in Hip Surgery and his administrative duties as Managing Director of MIOT International.
- He lectured at the British Orthopaedic Society, The Royal Society of Medicine, and the Institute of Mechanical Engineers.
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonDirector, 20 years of experience
- Dr Jayant Arora is well-famed Orthopedecian & Joint replacement surgeon in Gurgaon.
- With a thrilling experience of over 20+ years, he has worked with some of the most well-known hospitals nationally and internationally.
- Dr Arora has completed his MBBS from the eminent Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi, MS (Ortho) from Safdarjung Hospital, University of Delhi. Following which he did his DNB (Ortho.) from PGI Chandigarh.
- Dr Arora has done his MRCS (UK) from Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK in 2003; and CCBST from Royal College of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland.
- He has also done is MSc. Orthopaedics from University of Central Lancaster, Wrightington Hospital.
- Dr Arora has got an opportunity to deliver various papers and posters, and has also authored publications like ‘Pathophysiology of the Compartment Syndrome’.
Cost of consultation for Acl Anterior Cruciate Ligament with Dr Jayant Arora starts from INR 1200.
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonHOD, 23 years of experience
- Dr. Atul Mishra is a well-known Orthopedist having 23 years of experience in the Orthopedics field and 19 years of experience working as a specialist in Orthopedics.
- He has vibrant and vast work experience which includes working as a Consultant Knee Surgeon at Metro Multi-Speciality Hospital and Heart Institute, Consultant Knee Surgeon at Max Superspeciality Hospital, Consultant Knee Surgeon at Deepak Memorial and associated Kailash Group of Hospitals and Additional Director(Department of Orthopedics) at Fortis Hospital.
- He has performed over 5000 knee surgeries including Joint Replacements and Arthroscopies in the last 15 years of his service.
- He has been granted fellowships at various renowned places such as in Joint Surgery at Matsudo Municipal Hospital, Japan. In Sports Medicine and Knee Surgery at Institute Ortopedici Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy. Also in Knee Reconstruction at University Hospital, Philipps University Medical School, Marburg, Germany.
- Dr. Mishra has also received various awards such as Chikitsa Gaurav Samman 2008 by the Akhil Bharatiya Swatantra Lekhak Manch on 14th November 2008 and Award of Honour at the 28th Annual Function and Scientific Session on REVISION TOTAL KNEE ARTHROPLASTY organized by the DR. L.H. LOBO MEMORIAL TRUST at Christian Medical College, in 2010.
- He is also a Life member of IMA East Delhi Branch, Life member of Delhi Orthopaedics Association, and Life member of Indian Arthroscopy Society.
Cost of consultation for Acl Anterior Cruciate Ligament with Dr. Atul Mishra starts from INR 1000.
Acl Anterior Cruciate Ligament Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Acl Anterior Cruciate Ligament - Most Frequently Asked Questions
ACL surgery is a process that uses a portion of tendon from the patient having surgery or from a deceased person to rebuild a torn ACL. A kneecap or hamstring tendon might be used as replacement tissue.
Active people, particularly athletes whose activity requires pivoting, are suitable candidates for ACL surgery. This operation is excellent for those who have completed a rehabilitation program but still have knee instability. People who have damaged more than one knee ligament may benefit from ACL surgery.
Children and younger teens who are still growing cannot undergo the same sort of ACL surgery as adults or older adolescents, however recent surgical advancements have made ACL reconstruction surgery accessible for juvenile athletes.
During the Acl Anterior Cruciate Ligament - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Most ACL repair patients are given an epidural nerve block during their operation rather than being completely asleep under general anesthesia. This epidural is similar to the localized anaesthetia that many women receive after delivery.
ACL reconstruction can be done using a number of various tissues or grafts. The optimal transplant option for you is a personal decision, although some characteristics make certain graft options superior to others. There are two types of grafts: those produced from your own body (autografts) and those obtained from a corpse (allografts).
ACL reconstruction surgery has three main steps:
- Graft harvesting
- ACL surgery
The orthopedic surgeon creates ports of entry for the arthroscope and surgical equipment by making tiny incisions around the knee joint. The arthroscope is introduced into the knee and a saline solution is delivered to increase the space surrounding the joint. This allows for surgical equipment such as the arthroscopic camera, which feeds video to a display and allows the surgeon to look within the knee joint.The surgeon then examines the components that surround the torn ACL, such as the left and right meniscus and the articular cartilage. If one of these soft tissues has a lesion, the surgeon will fix it.
Following that, the graft will be harvested (unless a donor allograft is used). A segment of tendon from another region of the patient's body is cut to form a graft, which is then joined at either end to bone plugs obtained from the patella and tibia. These plugs aid in the anchoring of the graft that will become the new ACL. Using a flexible guide wire, the surgeon inserts the replacement ACL into the femur and tibia. Screws are used to secure bone plugs and those plugs will eventually fuse with the surrounding bone.
After Acl Anterior Cruciate Ligament - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Returning to athletics necessitates ligament healing, muscle strengthening, and the restoration of neuromuscular coordination. The recovery period following ACL restoration is lengthy, arduous, and frequently more difficult than the operation itself. Sports involvement can be resumed roughly 6-9 months following surgery.
Following ACL surgery, the patient will be kept in the recovery room until the anesthesia wears off. A nurse will assist the patient in walking with crutches and will demonstrate how to change the bandage on the wound. The patient will be allowed to leave the hospital the same day. Swelling can be treated with ice packs. Physical treatment will be required to strengthen the muscles that surround the knee.
When the patient is ready to return to work will depend on the type of employment. If the patient has a sedentary job, for example, he or she may be able to return to work within a week of surgery. However, if the patient's employment requires standing all day, putting strain on the repaired knee, returning to work may take up to six weeks.
No, many doctors used to recommend functional braces following ACL surgery. Recent research has shown that wearing a brace does not lessen the rate of ACL re-tear. Wearing one may provide some patients with a sense of security, but it is not required.
ACL repair surgery has a non-surgical alternative. This is referred to as a percutaneous ACL repair. This method includes injecting a concentration of the patient's bone marrow stem cells into the ACL rather than removing the damaged ligament and replacing it with a harvested tendon.
Pain is a highly subjective feeling that varies greatly across individuals. However, because ACL surgery is a semi-elective treatment, we can prepare for pain and use various current modalities to make the surgery a far more tolerable experience.
How much does Acl Anterior Cruciate Ligament cost in different cities in India?
The price for Acl Anterior Cruciate Ligament in different cities in India is approximately in the range of:
- New Delhi: Rs.120058 to Rs.187782
- Gurgaon: Rs.123136 to Rs.184704
- Noida: Rs.115440 to Rs.192400
- Chennai: Rs.123136 to Rs.177008
- Mumbai: Rs.126214 to Rs.187782
- Bangalore: Rs.120058 to Rs.181626
- Kolkata: Rs.115440 to Rs.173930
- Jaipur: Rs.107744 to Rs.172390
- Mohali: Rs.110822 to Rs.261664
- Ahmedabad: Rs.103126 to Rs.170851
- Hyderabad: Rs.118518 to Rs.180086
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Acl Anterior Cruciate Ligament
FAQ videos related to Acl Anterior Cruciate Ligament
More searches related to Acl Anterior Cruciate Ligament
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Acl Anterior Cruciate Ligament in other countries, compared to India?
Approximate price of Acl Anterior Cruciate Ligament in other countries compared to India is:
- Turkey, USD 2960 to USD 4440, approximately 16% higher than India
- Thailand, USD 3200 to USD 4800, approximately 25% higher than India
- Germany, USD 3200 to USD 4800, approximately 25% higher than India
- Israel, USD 9600 to USD 14400, approximately 275% higher than India
- Singapore, USD 13600 to USD 20400, approximately 431% higher than India
- Malaysia, USD 4400 to USD 6600, approximately 72% higher than India