Eligibility for Medical Visa from UAE to India
The applicant can apply for a medical visa only if he/she travels to another country for medical treatment.
Medical treatment sought by the applicant should be at recognized/reputed/specialized hospital/healthcare centers in India.
Upto two medical attendants are allowed to accompany the patient during his/ her medical travel. The medical attendant may be his/her family member or close associates.
If the medical attendant accompanying the patient to India is his/her family or spouse then a miscellaneous visa is allowed to them co-terminus with the Medical visa of the patient.
The list of treatments for which one can seek medical treatment is non-exhaustive. It ranges from neurosurgery, joint replacements, ophthalmic disorders, renal disorders, cardiac problems, congenital disorders to organ transplantations, radiotherapy, plastic surgery and gene therapy.
Important Documents Required for Indian Medical Visa Application from UAE
Print of correctly and legibly completed online visa application form.
Two current color passport size photographs.
The photo should be taken against white background.
The background should be light blue if the local is wearing a white Arabic head gear.
The applicant should wear dark colored clothes.
The photo size should be 51mm x 51mm.
It should have a frontal view.
Both ears and from chin to forehead including all facial features should be clearly visible.
No shadows on the face or the background.
Applicant’s expression should be natural in the photo.
The photos should not be more than 3 months old.
Original passport with 6 months validity and 2 blank pages along with photocopies of its first five pages.
Referral letter or preliminary medical advice from the Abu Dhabi or Al Ain Hospital stating the need fro a medical treatment in India.
A letter from the concerned hospital in India stating its inclination to provide medical treatment to the patient.
Passport valid for at least 6 months and consisting of 2 blank pages.
A proof of residence is required from GCC nationals. They have to fill up the reference form (One copy).
The applicant’s family member can submit his/her application only if he/she is accompanying him/her during travel.
A non-objection certificate signed by both the parents is required for minors (under 18). Parents’ signature should match to the ones in their respective passports.
Copy of address proof (tenancy contract, telephone bill or electricity bill) is required if UAE residents with visa issued at Abu Dhabi or Al - Ain is residing in Dubai or Northern Emirates.
Online Application of Indian Medical Visa from UAE
- To apply online for Indian medical visa, visit the Indian Visa Online website and click on Regular Visa Application.
- Fill up the necessary information: your country’s name, high commission, visa type, nationality, date of birth, e-mail id and estimated date of arrival in India. After entering the access code click Continue.
- The online application form includes three pages. After filling up each page with the correct details click Save and Continue at the bottom.
- Enter particulars regarding your family address and your profession or occupation.
- Fill the medical visa application details about the hospital in your country and the hospital in India, duration or time required for treatment, no. of entries required, purpose of visit, expected date of journey, expected time of arrival and departure, other information, details about SAARC country visit and reference.
- If you travel to India for your treatment only through Vaidam’s assistance but do not have a reference in India, then you can provide Vaidam’s office address and contact number of patient relations as mentioned here.
- Upload your picture or paste it after you take out a print of the filled application form. Click on Upload Photo.
- After you click Save and Continue on the third page, a preview containing all your details will appear.
- Go through them thoroughly and click on Modify/Edit if there is any mistake.
- If all the data you have entered in the form are correct, click on Verified and Continue.
- Read thoroughly the set of instructions that appear on the new window and click OK for final registration. To modify details click Cancel.
- Select the date of appointment for the submission of application in the window that appears after clicking OK. Click on Confirm the Appointment.
- A new window bearing two options of Print or Save will appear on the screen. Save your application befor you print lest you lose it.
- Click on Print Registered Application to get the hardcopy of your application form.
- If you haven’t uploaded your picture in the online application form, then paste it in the photo box on the first page. The photograph should be exactly the same size as the box (2inch X 2inch).
- Put your signature on the rectangular box just below the photo box. Do the same in the box at the bottom of the second page.
- Finally, submit the application form along with the required documents at the Application Centre on the appointed date, mentioned at the right margin of the application, during the working hours.
Indian Medical Visa Processing Fee
The medical visa fee from UAE to India is AED 295 (USD 80) for 6 months and AED 445 (USD 121) for 1 year. BLS Services charges AED 37.5 (USD 10).
AED = Arab Emirates Dirham
Indian Medical Visa Processing Time
Medical visa applied in UAE is processed and delivered in five to six working days.
Contact Details and Working Hours of Indian High Commission, Consulates and BLS International Centres in UAE
Indian Embassy in United Arab Emirates
Plot No. 10, Sector W-59/02, Diplomatic Area, Off the Airport Road, P. O. Box 4090, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Office Working Hours:
Public Interface Hours:
|Sunday to Thursday 0900 Hrs – 1230 Hrs|
Consulate General in Dubai
Al Hamriya, Diplomatic Enclave, P.O. Box 737, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Office Working Hours:
0800 to 1200 hrs. (Gate closes at 1200 hrs)
Documents Delivery Time:
1400 to 1600 hrs. (Gate closes at 1630 hrs.) However, attestation documents are delivered in the morning only (within 30 minutes of submission of documents).
BLS International Centers in UAE
Office No. 201, New Emi State Tower, Hamadan Street, Airport Road, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Abu Dhabi (Premium Lounge)
Mezzanine Floor, M 02Hamad Obaid Hamad Ahmed Al Mehairi Building, Al-Nahyan -2, Behind Vision Links Hotel, Muroor Road, Abu Dhabi,
08:00 a.m. to 08:00 p.m.
Dubai (Premium Lounge)
507, Habib Bank AG Zurich Al Jawarah Building, Bank Street, Bur Dubai, Next to ADCB Bank, Tel: 04 387 5777/04 2555530, FAX: 04 3861144,
08:00 a.m. to 08:00 p.m.
C-146, Ist Floor, Damas Tower (Burj 2000), Rolla, . Opposite to Central Post Office. (Access Point Gate No#6 opposite to Message Book Store), Sharjah.
Umm Al Quwain
Jawasat Road, Riqqah Area, Opposite Lulu Center
Ras Al Khaimah
Behind Specialist Medical Centre, IT Computer Cross, Near Sengar Building material Trading, Dahan Road, Ras Al Khaimah
Medical Visa Information After Your Arrival in India
Medical Visa Extension
Visa extension is required when one needs more time for his or her recovery that goes beyond his departure date from India. In that case the patient requires an official letter from the concerned hospital authority stating his/her ailment, treatment procedure and the number of days he/she would take to recover completely to go back to his/her own country. The applicant has to go to the FRRO office with the letter and the required documents to extend his/her stay in the country.
Foreign Regional Registration Office controls the registration, departure visa extension and other nuances of the foreign nationals regarding their passports, visa and their stay in India. Foreigners have to register themselves in the FRRO office once they arrive in India. Below is mentioned the documents that are required for FRRO registration:
- Application form.
- Photocopy of the passport and the initial visa.
- Four photographs of the applicant.
- Details of residence in India.
Contact Details of FRRO Offices in India
Name and Designation
Shri A.B Purabia, FRRO Ahmedabad
Barrack No. 2, First Floor, Govt. Polytechnic Campus, Ambawadi, Ahmedabad, Gujarat-380015
Shri Manjit Singh, FRRO Amritsar
Bureau of Immigration, D-123, Ranjit Avenue, Amritsar - 143001
Shri Ganesh Kumar, FRRO Bangalore
5th Floor, 'A' Block, TTMC, BMTC Bus Stand Building, K.H. Road, Shantinagar, Bangalore - 560027
Shri M Ananda Kumar , FRRO, Calicut
20/1305, Castle View, Thiruvannur Road, Panniyankara,Kallai PO, Kozhikode,KERALA-673003
Dr. K.A. Senthil Velan , FRRO Chennai
No. 26 Shastri Bhawan Annexe Building 26 Haddows Road, Nungabakkam, Chennai-600006
Mr. K. Sethu Raman , FRRO, Cochin
2nd Floor, Airlines Building, Cochin International Airport Ltd.,Airport PO, Cochin- 683111, Kerala
Shri Prabhakar , FRRO Delhi
East Block —VIII, Level -2, Sector -1, R.K Puram, New Delhi-66
Shri. V A Gupta IPS , FRRO Goa
Foreigners Branch, Goa Police Head Quarters, Opposite to Azad Maidan, Panaji. Pin : 403001
Shri P K Sethy , FRRO Hyderabad
Foreigners Regional Registration Officer, Bureau of Immigration (MHA), Govt. of India, Room No. 301, 3rd Floor, CGO Towers, Kavadiguda, Hyderabad-500080
Sh. Suresh Kumar Chidvie , FRRO Kolkata
237, A.J.C Bose Road, Kolkata
Shri Harish Kumar Rai , FRRO, Lucknow
557, Hind Nagar, Kanpur Road Near Old Chungi Lucknow-226012
Mrs. Supriya Patil Yadav , FRRO Mumbai
Annex-|| Bldg., 3rd Floor Badruddin Tayyabji Marg, Behind St.Xavier College, C.S.T Mumbai 400001
(The Landmark is near C.S.T railway station and the office is in the lane beside the Times of india building.),
For Enquiries on Registration and Visa Services Phone 022-22620446, Enquiry For PIO/OCI phone 022-22621167
Sh. K.K. Jayamohan , FRRO Trivandrum
T.C.14/1377, Vazhuthacaud opposite Ganpati temple, Thycaud. P.O Trivandrum-14
Click here to know more about Medical Visa Extension and FRRO Services.
E-Tourist Visa from U.A.E to India
E-tourist visa can be used for medical travel when patients require short term medical treatments or check-ups. Here are the documents that are required for E-tourist visa.
PDF version of the scanned first page of the passport.
The size of the PDF should be 10KB to 300KB.
A digital photograph is to be uploaded. The photograph should maintain the following criteria:
Size: 10KB to 1MB
The height and width of the photo should be equal.
Photo should have full face, front view and eyes open.
Center head within the frame. Head from top of the hair to the bottom of the chin of the individual should be prominent.
Background should be plain light colored or white.
There should be no shadows on the face or on the background.
The photo should not have any borders.
- Embassy of India, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Consulate General of India, Dubai
- Contact Details of Indian Embassy in UAE
- Contact Details of Consulate General of India, Dubai
- Contact Details of BLS International Services Application Centres in UAE
- Visa Requirements for Abu Dhabi
- Visa Requirements for Dubai
- Indian Medical Visa Requirements for Abu Dhabi
- Indian Medical Visa Requirements for Dubai
- Photograph Specifications
- Visa Fee Calculator
- Bureau of Immigration
- FRRO contact details
- Foreign Registration Related Services
- Things to remember During Visa Extension
- Online Registration
- Health Regulation