- The Union Cabinet of India has broadened the scope of e-tourist visa on Wednesday so that short-term medical treatment can be included in it.
- The e-tourist visa will be renamed as e-visa that will allow three entries for medical treatment and dual entries for others.
- The e-visa scheme will be further facilitated in 8 other countries making it available to a total 158 countries around the world.
- The new e-visa will be valid upto 60 days.
- Applicants can apply even four months before their visit to the country.
- In case of emergencies medical e-visas will be granted within 48 hours of its application.
- Pakistan nationals will be included in the new e-visa policy.
Source: The Times of India