- For the first time in India a 101-year-old man undergoes a successful hernia surgery at Apollo Hospital, Navi Mumbai.
- Ram Chandra was diagnosed with hernia when he was 90 years old and was on medication since then.
- He was advised against a surgical solution to his illness because of his age that led to increased risks.
- But throughout the years, his condition deteriorated as he could not even participate in the regular activities of life like walking and eating.
- When he was brought to the hospital, he was diagnosed with inguinoscrotal irreducible hernia by Dr. Shalin Dubey.
- According to the consultant laparoscopic surgeon at Apollo Hospital, Dr. Dubey, the surgery was complex but with new and improved surgical procedures and anesthesia the team successfully treated the 15cms long hernia.
- After the surgery, Chandra is recovering fast and get back to his normal life soon.