India being the most rapidly growing medical destination across the globe, provide the following advantages of getting medical treatment in India:
Low-cost treatment as compared to other developed countries like the US and UK.
Easier access to medical visa to India.
State-of-the-art infrastructure and medical services meeting high standards.
Provision for post retreatment recovery with exclusive therapies such as Ayurveda, Naturopathy and Yoga.
Qualified and skilled doctors and other medical workers, who speak English.
Within India, Hyderabad (specifically Chennai) is regarded as the most efficient state for medical treatment in India. It is known as the ‘health capital of India’. It offers a vast range of top-class medical facilities and has several multi-specialty and super-specialty hospitals. There are other hospitals with specific specialization including cardiology, orthopedics, fertility, neurology, ophthalmology, plastic surgery, dentistry, etc. The hospital services are affordable and quality treatment without any waiting time. Most of the best hospitals in India are located in or around Chennai.
The healthcare sector in Chennai is funded both by government and private organizations. It attracts nearly 45% of health tourists from abroad and 30-40% of the domestic patients from India. As per a study done by Economic Times, healthcare tourism market in India is going to be USD 2 billion and Chennai is a major contributor. Following is a list of the best hospitals in India, located in Chennai:
Global Hospital, Chennai
- The hospital was established in 1999 and has been accredited with NABH, NABL, and HALAL.
- It has a network of more than 22 hospitals across the nation, holding as expertise in hepatology, cardiology, neurology, orthopedics, and multi-organ transplants.
- It is the first hospital in south India to perform 5 organ transplant surgeries in one day successfully.
- The team of doctors has performed 18,000 surgeries each year.
- It is widely known for doing the best lung transplant in India.
- It has also performed India’s first single lung transplant with minimally invasive technique.
Chennai Fertility Center
- The hospital has established several centers across the world such as in Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Bangladesh, and some other African countries.
- The team of doctors has dealt with approximately 12,000 IVF, ICSI, and frozen embryo cases so far.
- It has created a world record by doing more than 22,000 IVF and ICSI pregnancies.
Fortis Malar Hospital, Chennai
- This is a comprehensive medical care hospital with more than 40 specialties including cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery, neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, nephrology, gynecology, urology and many more.
- The hospital has more than 160 consultant doctors and 650 employees for the management of 11,000 in-patients per year.
- The hospital infrastructure comprises of 180 beds with 60 ICU beds, 4 operation theatres, advanced digital flat panel cath lab, ultra-modern dialysis, etc.
- It also has an in-built advanced transplant center.
SIMS hospital, Chennai
- It is a leading multi-specialty center with more than 50 years of experience.
- SIMS hospital is known for 360-degree advanced tertiary healthcare services with multi-super specialty and a multi-organ transplant service center.
- The team comprises of renowned experts from different specialties and update with the latest technology.
- Another health care staff is also updated with modern technology and well-versed with English.
- It is one of the fastest growing multi-super specialty tertiary care hospitals spread across 2,30,000 sq.ft.
- The patient rooms are designed with modern facilities offering them privacy and space.
Billroth hospital, Chennai
- This is a renowned hospital in Chennai with world-class facilities and infrastructure.
- Known for 24 hours alert for critical care unit, which is led by senior anesthetists, physicians and assisted by nurse practitioners, juniors doctors, physiotherapists, and radio-imaging team.
- With an experience of over 25 years, it has also tied up with an NGO to provide free services to the needy.
- The hospital conducts free medical camps in rural areas on the weekends. The camps are attended by senior doctors and nurses to provide help the people of that region.