Dr. Richie Gupta, an Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgeon, visited Vaidam's office for an informative session.
Being widely experienced in all types of Aesthetic and Plastic Surgeries, he elaborated on Hair restoration surgery, Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE), Gender Dysphoria & Transsexualism, Aesthetic Breast Surgery, Skin grafts, Body Contouring, Surgery of Congenital Disabilities including cleft lip and palate, Microvascular free flap and post-cancer reconstructive surgery, Craniomaxillofacial Surgery, and Hand Surgery, etc.
During the session, he talked about skin grafts which can be divided into the following:
- Autografts are taken from the patient's skin, and they are the most commonly used skin grafts
- Allografts come from another person's skin
- Xenografts are derived from another species other than human skin; for example, porcine grafts
Both allografts and xenografts are used in chronic wounds or burn wounds.
He also discussed cosmetic procedures such as botox injections and dermal fillers.
- Botox is a neurotoxin derived from the bacteria Clostridium botulinum. The drug temporarily paralyzes the muscles, benefiting people with muscle or nerve disorders.
- Dermal fillers, sometimes called soft tissue fillers, are substances designed to be injected beneath the skin's surface to add volume and fullness.
About Dr. Richie Gupta
Dr. Richie Gupta practices in Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh, Delhi. He is the leading surgeon in the world in the field of gender affirmation surgery, with over 4000 cases to his credit.
About Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh, Delhi
Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh, is a multi-super-specialty NABH-accredited delivering the highest quality of medical care & providing world-class patient care.
The Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery department in Fortis Hospital is also the leading unit in the country in terms of the number of sex change operations being performed, currently around 240 per year.
The team asked several questions following the session, which made it more engaging and informative. Vaidam's team gained new knowledge about various aspects of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.