Vajira Hospital, BangkokBangkok, Thailand Chat
- 900 Beds
- Established in : 1912
- Multi Specialty
- Vajira Hospital, Bangkok is one of the first hospitals founded by King Rama VI which operates as a teaching university hospital of the Faculty of Medicine Vajirat Hospital, Navamindradhiraj University and affiliated teaching of the Faculty of Medicine Srinakharinwirot University.
- Funded and managed by the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA), it is well known for its clinical services, medical education, and urban medication programs.
- It has various specialised departments but its Centres of Excellence are particularly known for Cardiovascular, Oncology, Neurosurgery, Kidney, and Trauma. The Trauma Centre is one of the finest emergency centres in Bangkok.
- It is estimated that there are 700,000 OPD patients and 30,000 in-patients received annually.
Need Help at Vajira Hospital, Bangkok?
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
Select Medical Department of Your Interest
Patients from 85+ countries have trusted us.
Join hundreds of happy patients who choose the right treatment and care.
681 Samsen Road, Wachira Phayaban Subdistrict,
Top Doctors At Vajira Hospital, Bangkok
Dr. Yupaporn Amornchaicharoensuk
Paediatric Nephrologist , 28 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Dr. Thaveekiat Vasavakul
Cardiology , 33 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Dr. Rattana Boonsirichan
Medical Gastroenterologist , 28 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Dr. Zarina Sadad
Cardiac Surgeon , 21 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Dr. Chaisiri Wanlapakorn
Cardiac Surgeon , 20 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Dr. Anawat Sermswan
Cardiology , 25 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Dr. Supatsri Sethasine
Medical Gastroenterologist , 12 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Dr. Kriengsak Funilkul
Cardiology , 10 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Dr. Wanjak Pongsittisak
Nephrologist , 12 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Dr. Amarit Tansawet
Laparoscopic Surgeon , 18 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
- The Hospital has a capacity of 900 beds, the largest number operated by the BMA.
- The Hospital campus houses many buildings to accommodate its academic mission as well.
- The Hospital is located in the heart of Bangkok, just near the Chao Phraya river.
- It is about 30 minutes from Suvarnabhumi International Airport and 26 minutes from Don Mueang International Airport.
- It is easily accessible by public transport; the nearest bus stops are just a minute away. Sirindhorn is the nearest subway station and Sam Sen is the nearest train station. Taxi services and Tuk tuks are easily available as well.
- Being in the tourist area, hotels can be easily found. There are 3 to 4 star hotels within a radius of 1 km. The cheapest hotel rate nearby is about USD 22. Budget accommodations are available as an option.
- Restaurants and cafes can be found just around the corner with plenty to choose from.
Comfort During Stay
- TV in room
- Private rooms
- Free Wifi
- Phone in Room
- Mobility accessible rooms
- Family accommodation
- Safe in the room
- Nursery / Nanny services
- Dry cleaning
- Personal assistance / Concierge
- Religious facilities
- Spa and wellness
- Business centre services
- Dedicated smoking areas
- Beauty Salon
- Special offer for group stays
- Parking available
- Diet on Request
- International Cuisine
- Medical records transfer
- Online doctor consultation
- Document legalisation
- Post operative followup
- Translation services
- Airport pickup
- Local tourism options
- Local transportation booking
- Visa / Travel office
- Car Hire