- 1900 Beds
- Established in : 1388
- Multi Specialty
- The University Hospital Heidelberg is one of the biggest medical centers in the Federal Republic of Germany. It is a part of Heidelberg University Medical School, which was founded in 1388, making it the oldest in Germany.
- The hospital operates nearly 1 million outpatients and 65,000 inpatients every year and is well-renowned for treating cancer.
- The Hospital works in partnership with various research institutes one of them being the German Cancer Research Center at the National Center for Tumor Diseases, registered on the American Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- The hospital specializes in diagnosing complex medical conditions and diseases and treating them using innovative technology to ensure optimal treatment with interdisciplinary cooperation.
- There are about 10,000 employees, including 1,600 professors and doctors working at the hospital, and the Chief Doctor of the hospital is the renowned Professor Guido Adler.
- The Heidelberg Curriculum Medicinale (HeiCuMed) is one of the leading medical training institutions in Germany, which at present teaches nearly 3700 physicians.
Images related to University Hospital Heidelberg
Select Medical Department of Your Interest
- CARDIOLOGY AND CARDIAC SURGERY (3)
- ENDOCRINOLOGY (3)
- GASTROENTEROLOGY (1)
- GENERAL SURGERY (1)
- GYNECOLOGY (1)
- HEMATOLOGY (1)
- NEPHROLOGY (1)
- NEUROLOGY AND NEUROSURGERY (3)
- OBESITY OR BARIATRIC SURGERY (1)
- ONCOLOGY AND ONCOSURGERY (5)
- ORTHOPEDICS (2)
- PEDIATRIC CARDIOLOGY (1)
- PEDIATRICS AND PEDIATRIC SURGERY (4)
- SPINE SURGERY (1)
- VASCULAR SURGERY (1)
Heidelberg University Hospital
Team and Specialities
- Heidelberg University Hospital has nearly 50 specialized clinical departments including a Surgical Center, Neurological Clinic, Orthopedic Center, Gynecology Center, Psychology Center, Dermatology Clinic, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic, Heart Center, and a Pediatric Center, in addition to a variety of sub-specialty centers.
- The hospital and faculty employ approximately 13,000 individuals and are involved in training and qualification.
- In collaboration with the German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg University Hospital established the National Center for Tumor Diseases (NCT) Heidelberg, one of the leading oncological centers of excellence in Germany.
- Some notable names associated with Heidelberg are Markus Buchler, surgeon, professor of medicine, renowned for pioneering works in surgery of the pancreas, Hugo Katus, cardiologist, professor of medicine, developed the Troponin T-test, and many more.
Top Doctors At University Hospital Heidelberg
Prof. Hugo A.Katus
Interventional Cardiologist , 40 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Prof. Dr. med. Tsvetomir Loukanov
Pediatric Cardiac Surgeon , 22 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Prof. Franz Schaefer
Paediatric Nephrologist , 34 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Prof. Matthias Gorenflo
Pediatric Cardiologist , 32 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
- The university hospital is made up of 12 hospitals and consists of 42 institutions and offices, most of them being situated on the New Campus (University of Heidelberg), which is about 10 driving minutes away from the old town.
- The institution takes nearly a million outpatient cases and 66 thousand inpatients, an extra 50 thousand patients undergo partial in-patient nursing.
- The hospital also includes various units such as a fully-equipped operating room, intensive care unit, otorhinolaryngology, neurosurgery, general surgery, etc.
- There are a number of services provided by the hospital for international patients, which include interpreter services, free WiFi in all rooms, assistance with local activity booking, a phone available for making international calls, and both airport and hotel pick-up and drop-off.
University Hospital Heidelberg
International Office, Im Neuenheimer Feld 400, 69120 Heidelberg
- The Hospital is at a distance of 24 km via Herrenteich Airport, 68766 Hockenheim, Germany. The drive takes about 40 minutes. Taxis or shuttles are easily available from the airport to the hospital.
- The closest tram stations are Technologiepark and Bunsengymnasium.
- ATMs and pharmacies are all available near the hospital's territory.
Comfort During Stay
- TV in room
- Private rooms
- Free Wifi
- Phone in Room
- Mobility accessible rooms
- Family accommodation
- Safe in the room
- Nursery / Nanny services
- Dry cleaning
- Personal assistance / Concierge
- Religious facilities
- Spa and wellness
- Business centre services
- Dedicated smoking areas
- Beauty Salon
- Special offer for group stays
- Parking available
- Health insurance coordination
- Medical travel insurance
- Foreign currency exchange
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Diet on Request
- International Cuisine
- Medical records transfer
- Online doctor consultation
- Document legalisation
- Post operative followup
- Translation services
- Airport pickup
- Local tourism options
- Local transportation booking
- Visa / Travel office
- Car Hire
- Private driver / Limousine services
- Shopping trip organisation
- Air ambulance