- 2000 Beds
- Established in : 1802
- Multi Specialty
- The LMU Klinikum, known as Klinikum der Universität München until 2020 is the merged hospital complex of the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- The hospital is one of the leading research universities in Europe, with a more than 500-year-long tradition, and is committed to the highest international standards of excellence in research and teaching.
- With the outpatient care facilities, more than 2,000 beds are available for partial and complete inpatient treatment along with 1,700 doctors and 3,200 nurses sourced from over 90 countries to care for the patients well.
- The hospital includes 48 clinics, institutes, and departments making it is one of the largest hospitals in Europe.
- Approximately 500,000 patients are treated annually at Campus Großhadern and City Center locations.
- The hospital has been awarded numerous certificates and awards for its excellent service and quality, including the ISO 9001:2015 certification, IQM quality management certification, and an award from German health insurers.
- The facilities available are the CCC M Oncology Centre of Excellence, Bavaria’s largest transplant center TxM, the German Centre for Vertigo and Balance, the Tropical Institute, and the Centre for International Health (CIH).
Images related to Ludwig Maximilian University Hospital, Munich
Select Medical Department of Your Interest
Team and Specialities
- More than 9,500 employees are associated with the hospital, around 1,700 are doctors and 3,200 are nursing staff.
- It provides outstanding services through its departments, including medical transplant surgery, vascular surgery, reconstructive surgery, cardiac surgery, pediatric surgery, cardiology, hematology, oncology, hematology, endocrinology, neurology, and orthopedics.
- The general, abdominal, and transplant surgery department is listed among the best departments in the country for bowel cancer treatment.
- The cardiology team performs more than 2,500 operations every year.
- Every department and operating theater is equipped with the latest technologies currently available in the medical field.
- More than 2,600 babies are born annually in gynaecology department of the hospital.
Top Doctors At Ludwig Maximilian University Hospital, Munich
Prof. Dr. Med. Wolfgang Bocker
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon , 20 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Prof. Dr. Med. Jens Werner
General Surgeon , 29 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Prof. Dr. med. Riccardo Giunta
Cosmetic Surgeon , 23 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Prof. Dr. Med. Marianne Dieterich
Neurologist , 27 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Prof. Dr. Med. Rudolf A. Hatz
Cardiac Surgeon , 34 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Prof. Dr. Med. Jorg Christian Tonn
Neurosurgeon , 30 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Prof. Dr. Med. Christian Thaler
IVF Specialist , 25 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Prof. Dr. Med. Nadia Harbeck
Surgical Oncologist , 25 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Prof. Dr. Med. Florian Heinen
Neurologist , 21 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
- Patients can choose from single and double rooms.
- All the rooms come with an attached bathroom, comfortable remote control beds, locker, TV and telephone.
- The premises has a bank, ATMs, shops for food, drinks, newspapers or magazines, a hairdresser and a playing area for children.
- The delivery rooms of the hospital are equipped with a special bed for childbirth as well as other amenities such as mats, wall bars, balls and more.
- Moreover, there is a special room option for childbirth in the bath.
- Distance: 34 KMs
- Duration: 32 Minutes
- Subway Station
- Distance: 31 meters
- Duration: 1 Minute (by walk)
- Restaurants and shopping centers on hospital premises and within walking distance
- Cabs and public transport are easily available
- The closest bus stop is the Klinikum Großhadern Ost and the subway station is Großhadern.
- The hospital is close to many exciting attractions, which can be included as part of the trip. The landmark clock tower known as the Glockenspiel is nearby and always worth a visit.
- Several restaurants and shopping centers are available within walking distance from the hospital.
Comfort During Stay
- TV in room
- Private rooms
- Free Wifi
- Phone in Room
- Mobility accessible rooms
- Family accommodation
- Safe in the room
- Nursery / Nanny services
- Dry cleaning
- Personal assistance / Concierge
- Religious facilities
- Spa and wellness
- Business centre services
- Dedicated smoking areas
- Beauty Salon
- Special offer for group stays
- Parking available
- Health insurance coordination
- Medical travel insurance
- Foreign currency exchange
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Diet on Request
- International Cuisine
- Medical records transfer
- Online doctor consultation
- Document legalisation
- Post operative followup
- Translation services
- Airport pickup
- Local tourism options
- Local transportation booking
- Visa / Travel office
- Car Hire
- Private driver / Limousine services
- Shopping trip organisation
- Air ambulance