Dr. Somashekhar S. P.
Surgical OncologistHead of Department , MBBS, MCh, MS, FRCS, 11 years of experience
Bangalore , India
List Of Treatments
Wondering where to start?
(Get Free opinion, Quote, Medical Visa Invitation and Assistance at every step of your treatment.)
Work Experience of Dr. Somashekhar S. P.
Head of Department, Manipal Hospital, Bangalore
Frequently Asked Questions About Dr. Somashekhar S. P.
Dr. Somashekhar S. P. practices at Manipal Hospital, Bangalore
Dr. Somashekhar S. P. specialty is Surgical Oncologist
Dr. Somashekhar S. P. is Surgical Oncologist with 11 years of experience.
Dr. Somashekhar S. P. is MBBS, MCh, MS, FRCS.
BLOGS THAT MAY INTEREST YOU
- What You Need to Know about Lung Cancer Treatment in India
- Is PET/ CT Scan Important for Cancer Investigations?
- A Patient’s Guide To CyberKnife – The Cutting Edge Technology in Precision Surgery
- Key Differences Between Gamma Knife and CyberKnife Treatment – Procedure, Side-effects, Costs and more
- The Advantages of Genetic Testing in Early Detection and Effective Treatment of Cancer
- What are the early warning signs of Colon Cancer?
- How to dissolve Fibroadenoma
- Breast Cancer Treatment in India
- Cervical Cancer Treatment in India
- Cancer Treatment in India
- Cost of Cancer Treatment in India
- A Complete Guide to Immunotherapy Treatment in India
- Which is the best Oncology Hospitals in India
- Chemotherapy Cost in Delhi
More About Surgical Oncologist
A surgical oncologist removes the tumor and nearby tissue during surgery and also performs certain types of biopsies to help diagnose cancer.
There may be Change in bowel or bladder habit, sore that does not heal, Unusual bleeding or discharge, Thickening or lump in the breast or elsewhere, Indigestion or difficulty in swallowing, Obvious change in a wart or mole and hoarseness in voice.
Investigations like Polymerase chain reaction, IHC, CT, MRI, nuclear medicine, positron emission tomography (PET) and ultrasound are required.
A surgical oncologist removes the tumor and nearby tissue during surgery and also performs certain types of biopsies to help diagnose cancer whereas a clinical radiologist is a specialist doctor who is trained to read and interpret medical images in order to diagnose, treat and monitor diseases.
Yes, they can treat the cases of breast cancer successfully.