About Dr. Sait Sirin
- Dr. Sait Sirin is a well-known Neurosurgeon based in Istanbul, Turkey with 28+ years of experience in the field.
- He is a member of various reputed organizations such as the Turkish Neurosurgical Society, Neuro-Oncology Education & Training Group, Stereotactic & Functional Neurosurgery Education and Training Group, Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS), American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS), World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies (WFNS), Radiosurgery Committee Member (2005-2009), Turkish Spine Society, AOSpine, and International Stereotactic Radiosurgery Society (ISRS).
- He graduated in 1985 from Gulhane Military Medical Academy MD School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey, and pursued Postgraduate Education (Residency) from Gulhane Military Medical Academy Neurosurgical School of Medicine, Department of Residency Neurosurgery, Ankara, Turkey in 1994.
- In 2003, he also did a Fellowship from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Department of Neurological Surgery, Fellowship Program Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
- He has expertise in Brain and nerve surgery, Spinal surgery, Neuroendoscopy, and Spinal endoscopic surgery.
- Dr. Sirin has more than 30 articles mostly published in SCI-expanded journals, more than 30 abstracts mostly presented in international meetings, and about 10 book chapters.
Spinal Surgery Neurooncology Functional Neurosurgery Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Waist Shift Gillian Barre Syndrome Thoracic Outlet Syndrome Spine Fracture Deep Brain Stimulation
Wondering where to start?
(Get Free opinion, Quote, Medical Visa Invitation and Assistance at every step of your treatment.)
Work Experience of Dr. Sait Sirin
Vice President, Turkish National Board Balkan Military Medical Committee
Professor, Gulhane Military Medical Academy
Consultant, Izmir Military Hospital, Izmir
Dr. Sait Sirin's
- MD, 1985, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, School of Medicine
- MD, 1994, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Department of Neurosurgery
- Fellowship, 2003, University of Pittsburgh
Baysefer A, Akay KM, Sirin S, Seber N. Von Hippel Lindau disease: a case report. GATA Bulletin 1995; 37: 513-515.
Dilek I, Baysefer A, Gezen F, Ciklatekerlioglu O, Kayali H, Sirin S. The protective effect of allopurinol on neural tissue on regional cerebral ischemia: An experimental study on rats. Turkish Neurosurgery 1995; 5: 39-44.
Daneyemez M, Gezen F, Erguncu M, Kahraman S, Sirin S, Beduk A, Seber N. Outcome analysis 1166 surgically treated peripheral nerve injury. Gulhane Tip Magazine 1999; 41: 195-199.
Erdogan E, Baysefer A, Sirin S, Seber N. ICP monitoring in patients with a severe head injury. Turkish Neurosurgery 1997; 7: 13-19
Baysefer A, Erdogan E, Gezen F, Sirin S, Timurkaynak E, Seber N. Cyst of the mesencephalon (neuroepithelial cyst?): Review and case report. Minim Invasive Neurosurg. 1997; 40: 148-150.
Baysefer A, Erdogan E, Sali A, Sirin S, Seber N. Foot drop following brain tumors: case reports. Minim Invasive Neurosurg. 1998; 41: 97-98.
Daneyemez M, Kahraman S, Gezen F, Sirin S. Cervical spine injuries and management: experience with 235 patients in 10 years. Minim Invasive Neurosurg. 1999; 42: 6-9.
Daneyemez M, Gezen F, Akboru M, Sirin S, Ocal E. Presentation and management of supratentorial and infratentorial arachnoid cysts. Review of 25 cases. J Neurosurg Sci. 1999; 43: 115-121
Daneyemez M, Sirin S, Duz B. Spinal epidural cavernous angioma: case report. Minim Invasive Neurosurg. 2000; 43: 159-162.
Kayali H, Kahraman S, Sirin S, Beduk A, Timurkaynak E. Bilateral Carpal tunnel syndrome with type 1 diabetes mellitus in childhood. Pediatr Neurosurg. 2003; 38: 262-264.
Kahraman S, Gonul E, Kayali H, Sirin S, Duz B, Beduk A, Timurkaynak E. Retrospective analysis of spinal missile injuries. Neurosurg Rev. 2004; 27: 42-45.
Kahraman S, Sirin S, Kayali H, Solmaz I, Beduk A. Low back pain due to spinal chronic subdural hematoma mimicking intradural tumor in the lumbar area: a case report and literature review. J Pain. 2003; 4: 471-475.
Onguru O, Deveci S, Sirin S, Timurkaynak E, Gunhan O. Dysembryoplastic neuroepithelial tumor in the left lateral ventricle. Minim Invasive Neurosurg. 2003; 46: 306-309.
Erdogan E, Duz B, Kocaoglu M, Izci Y, Sirin S, Timurkaynak E. The effect of cranioplasty on cerebral hemodynamics: evaluation with transcranial Doppler sonography. Neurol India. 2003; 51: 479-481.
Akay KM, Onguru O, Sirin S, Celasun B, Gonul E, Timurkaynak E. Association of paranasal sinus osteoma and intracranial mucocele - two case reports. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2004; 44: 201-204. Review.
Kayali H, Kahraman S, Sirin S, Atabey C. Treatment of L5-S1 spondylosis with single-stage surgery through the posterior approach - a case report.
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2004; 44: 386-390.
Kahraman S, Kayali H, Sirin S, Kafadar A, Akboru M, Timurkaynak E. Clinical experience in cranioplasty with porous polyethylene implant. Turkish Neurosurgery 2003; 13: 89-93.
Kayali H, Onguru O, Erdogan E, Sirin S, Timurkaynak E. Isolated intracranial Rosai-Dorfman disease mimicking meningioma. Clin Neuropathol. 2004; 23: 204-208.
Kayali H, Sirin S, Kahraman S, Oysul K, Solmaz I, Timurkaynak E. Intracranial Cavernomas: Analysis of 37 Case and Literature Review. Neurol India2004; 52: 439-442.
Sirin S, Gonul E, Kahraman S, Timurkaynak E. Imaging of Posterior Fossa Epidermoids. Clinical Neurol Neurosurg 2005; 107: 461-467.
Sirin S, Kondziolka D, Niranjan A, Flickinger JC, Maitz AH, Lunsford LD. Prospective staged volume radiosurgery for large arteriovenous malformations: Indications and outcomes in otherwise untreatable patients. Neurosurgery 2006; 58: 17-27.
Doctor Similar to Dr. Sait Sirin in Istanbul
33 years of experience
25 years of experience