About Dr. Girinath M R
- Currently associated as Cardiothoracic surgeon with Apollo Hospital, Chennai.
- Prior work experience of 45 years includes- 3 years of working in Auckland.
- Head of Cardiac surgery unit of Apollo hospitals, Chennai since 1984.
- Under his guidance unit has done 40,000 heart operations of which 29,000 have been coronary bypass operations including 14,000 on a beating heart
- Pioneered congenital heart surgery and heart valve surgery in India.
- Trained 30 heart surgeons in India.
- He has performed over 25,000 open heart surgeries in the last 16 years.
- One of the first surgeons to receive MCh degree in India.
- a pioneer in cardiac surgery for infants, coronary bypass surgery, multivalve replacement and cardiac transplantation.
- Presented over 275 papers at national and international conferences and made around 20 orations including the Subroto Memorial Oration and the Sadasivan Oration.
- Participated in the first multi-organ transplant in India (Heart, Liver, Kidneys and Cornea).
- First surgeon to repair a complex congenital heart defect in a child below one year. First to apply heart, lung machine-supported Coronary Angioplasty in India.
- Member of various prestigious groups- FRACS - Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Melbourne. F.L.A.C.S. - Fellow of the Indian Association of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery.
Congenital Heart Surgery, Heart Valve Surgery Coronary Bypass Surgery, Multivalve Replacement, Cardiac Transplantation Coronary Angioplasty, Pacemaker Implantation
List Of Treatments
- CARDIAC SURGERY - ADULTS
- Off Pump beating CABG LV restoration
- Valve Repair Replacement
- Atrial Fibrillation Surgery
- Ross Procedure
- Cardiac Tumour Treatment
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Treatment
- Aortic Dissection Repair Surgery
- Minimal access surgeries for valves
- ASD (Atrial Septal Defect) Closure
- Aortofemoral Bypass Surgery
- PTE - Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy
Wondering where to start?
(Get Free opinion, Quote, Medical Visa Invitation and Assistance at every step of your treatment.)
Dr. Girinath M R's
Recipient of many national awards including the Padma Bhushan in 1998 and Dr. B C Roy National Award - 1997, LIFE TIME Achievement Award Indian Association Cardiovasular Thoracic Surgeons