About Dr Devi Prasad Shetty
- Dr. Devi Prasad Shetty is one of the most renowned Cardiothoracic Surgeon in Bangalore.
- Dr. Shetty has been awarded 'Padma Shri', the fourth highest civilian award in India and 'Padma Bhushan', the third-highest civilian award by the Government of India for his contribution to healthcare.
- With an experience of over 34+ years, he has performed over 15,000 heart operations among which 5000 were performed on kids.
- Dr. Shetty has completed his MBBS & MS from the eminent Kasturba Medical College .Following which he did his FRCS from the West Midlands Cardio-Thoracic Rotation Program between Walsgrave Hospital, Coventry and East Birmingham Hospital.
- Dr. Shetty has performed Asia’s first dynamic cardiomyoplasty operation to strengthen the weak heart muscle using the chest wall muscle.
- He is one of the few surgeons in the world to use a microchip camera to perform a keyhole heart surgery.
- For the first time in India, he has used a left ventricular assist device to temporarily support a failing heart .
- Dr. Devi Prasad Shetty is counted amongst one of the most experienced doctors in the world in performing bypass-grafting operation on a beating heart.
- In 1990, he became the first surgeon in India to venture into Neonatal open heart surgery by performing the open-heart surgery on a 9-day-old baby.
- Dr. Shetty has won several awards for his contribution in both Medical Science and Public Welfare.
- Dr. Devi Prasad Shetty is the founder of multi-specialty hospital Narayana Hrudayalaya, Bangalore and Rabindranath Tagore International Institute of Cardiac Sciences (RTIICS) Kolkata.
- Dr. Devi Prasad Shetty has his expertise in Paediatric Cardiac Surgery
Cardiothoracic Surgery Paediatric Cardiac Surgery Cardiovascular Surgery
List Of Treatments
- PEDIATRIC HEART SURGERY
- Aortic and mitral atresia
- Arrhythmia Surgery
- Arrhythmia Treatment with Ablation and Pacemakers
- Arterial Switch Operation
- Pediatric Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Surgery
- Blalock-Taussig (BT) Shunt
- Coarctation of the Aorta (CoA) Surgery
- Angioplasty and Stent Placement
- Coronary Artery Surgery
- Coronary fistula
- Double Inlet Left Ventricle (DILV) Treatment
- Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV) Surgery
- Fontan Conversion Surgery
- Fontan procedures
- Glenn procedure
- Heart Lung Transplant for heart failure
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) Treatment
- Implantable Devices for heart defects
- Interrupted Aortic Arch Surgery
- Medical Genetics
- Norwood procedure
- Pediatric Cardiomyopathy Treatment
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) Treatment
- Pulmonary Atresia Surgery
- Pulmonary stenosis
- Ross procedure
- Tetralogy of Fallot Repair
- Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return (TAPVR) Treatment
- return connection
- Transposition of the Great Arteries (TGA) Surgery
- Tricuspid atresia
- Truncus Arteriosus Treatment
- Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD) Treatment
- CARDIAC SURGERY - ADULTS
- Off Pump beating CABG LV restoration
- Valve Repair Replacement
- Atrial Fibrillation Surgery
- Ross Procedure
- Cardiac Tumour Treatment
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Treatment
- Aortic Dissection Repair Surgery
- Minimal access surgeries for valves
- ASD (Atrial Septal Defect) Closure
- Aortofemoral Bypass Surgery
- PTE - Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy
- Neonatal and Infant cardiac surgeries
- Closure of defects like ASD VSD
- Complex congenital heart surgeriesg
- TAPVC - Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Connection Repair Arterial Switch
- Single Ventricle Defects Surgery
- ECMO Support
- Device Closure- ASD VSD
- Balloon Valvuloplasty - Aortic
- Coronary Angiogram
- Renal Angiogram
- Cerebral Angiogram
- Peripheral Angiogram
- PTCA-Percutaneous Transluminal
- Coronary Angioplasty
- Peripheral Angioplasty
- Aortic Stent Grafting
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- PPI-Permanent Pacemaker Implant - Single Chamber
- IVC Filter Insertion
- Biventricular Pacing
- Trigger Point Injection (TPI)
- PTMC - Percutaneous Transvenous Mitral Commissurotomy
- Heart Bypass Surgery (CABG)
- Aortic Valve Replacement
- Mitral Valve Replacement
- VSD Closure (Adult) Surgery
- Heart Double Valve Replacement
- PPI-Permanent Pacemaker Implant - Double Chamber
- CRT- D Implant (Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy)
- PDA Device Closure
- Single Bypass and Valve Replacement
- Valve Replacement
- Congenital Heart Disorder CHD
- Heart Bypass - Minimally Invasive CABG
- Heart Implants
Wondering where to start?
(Get Free opinion, Quote, Medical Visa Invitation and Assistance at every step of your treatment.)
Work Experience of Dr Devi Prasad Shetty
Chairman, Rabindranath Tagore International Institute of Cardiac Sciences (RTIICS) in Kolkata.
Dr Devi Prasad Shetty 's
- MBBS, Kasturba Medical College ,Mangalore
- MS, Kasturba Medical College ,Mangalore
1. Padma Bhushan, 2012 2. Padma Shri Award for Medicine in 2004. 3. Karnataka Ratna Award in the year 2001 4. Rajyotsava Award in the year 2002. 5. Sir M. Visvesvaraya Memorial Award in for the year 2003. 6. Ernst & Young-Entrepreneur of the Year in 2003. 7. Dr. B.C. Roy Award for the year 2003. 8. Schwab Foundation's award in 2005.
Doctor Similar to Dr Devi Prasad Shetty in Bangalore
19 years of experience
21 years of experience
25 years of experience