About Dr. Ashok Vaid
- Currently associated as a Chairman of Division of Medical & Paediatric Oncology, Haematology & Bone Marrow Transplant at Medanta Hospital, Gurgaon.
- Dr. Ashok K Vaid holds an expertise are Treatment of organ specific cancers, Leukemias and Lymphomas.
- He has completed his MBBS from Jammu University in 1984, followed by doing DNB in internal medicine and DM Medial Oncology in 1993.
- He did his Senior Residency at Govt. Medical College, Jammu from 1987 to 1989.
- Previously worked as the Head of the Department of Medical Oncology, Artemis Health Institute, Gurgaon.
- Awarded with the Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award, by the President of India, for contribution to the field of medicine on 14th April, 2009.
- Member of prestigious organizations like Breast Cancer Foundation of India, Member of Indian Society of Medical & Pediatric Oncology (ISMPO), Indian Association of Gynaec Oncologists, Indian Medical Association, American Society of Clinical Oncology, Association of Physicians of India, and many more.
- Additionally, Dr. Ashok has been the founder member of Indian Cooperative Oncology Network (ICON), a life member of European Haematology Association, and European Society of Medical Oncology.
- He has the unique distinction of having carried out the first 25 bone marrow transplants in any private sector hospital in North India.
- Dr. Ashok has attended several workshops and conferences so far in the field of medical oncology.
Chemotherapy and Bone Marrow Transplant, Organ-Specific Cancer Treatment, Solid Tumours, Leukemias, Lymphomas
Wondering where to start?
(Get Free opinion, Quote, Medical Visa Invitation and Assistance at every step of your treatment.)
Work Experience of Dr. Ashok Vaid
Dr. Ashok Vaid's
- MBBS, 1983, University of Jammu, J&K
- MD, 1989, University of Jammu, J&K
- DM, 1993, Dr. MGR Medical University
A Padma Shri award-winning medic, he has conducted more than 40 international and national studies in clinical research. He has the unique distinction of having carried out the first 25 bone marrow transplants in any private sector hospital in North India.