Diagnosis for Brazilian butt lift procedure
- Indicated in individuals who want to augment i.e. add volume to buttocks
- Are at a stable weight, since fluctuations can reverse results.
- Have tried with exercise and nutrition to tighten and enhance the butt but with no result.
- Have excess fat deposits elsewhere in your body that surgeon can remove with liposuction, and use for fat transfer during Brazilian butt lift.
Recommended: Cosmetic Surgery in India
Types of butt lift
There are two basic types of butt lift surgery.
- Traditional procedure - the surgeon lifts the buttocks by removing excess skin, fat, and tissue, pulling the skin taut and repositioning it
- Brazilian butt lift - less invasive requires only very minor incisions and a fat transfer.
You may be interested in: Brazilian Butt Lift
- The team of doctors will examine whether you are right candidate for the procedure
- Discuss your expectations for your surgery and inform you about the procedure and its outcome.
- Consultant will note complete medical history including any past and present health problems , ongoing medication , and any allergies you may have.
- You may be advised to stop taking certain medicines as also advised to stop smoking
- Detailed physical examination particularly of hips, abdomen, and buttocks as also Photographs of buttocks for future reference .
- For performing Brazilian butt lift, the surgeon will look for an appropriate area to perform liposuction.
- Tests are performed such as blood tests, X-ray examinations or an Electrocardiograph (ECG) to check fitness before surgery
A Brazilian butt lift enhances the size and shape of a patient's butt .
- This procedure usually takes approximately two hours.
- In order to perform Brazilian butt lift surgery, fat from areas of the body such as the back, abdomen, hips, and thighs is removed through liposuction.
- After being removed, the fat cells are purified using a centrifuge and used for injecting into the buttocks at various depths for a natural look and feel.
- The final result is a rounder, fuller butt that looks natural because, unlike butt implants or synthetic fillers, it uses your own tissues.
- There may be swelling and soreness in buttocks , which typically goes in few days and can be managed by pain killers .
- There may be temporary numbness ,sensation will gradually return.
- Advised to take proper care to avoid infection
- It is important that you must sit or lie down without putting pressure on your buttocks, as this could interfere with your recovery and results.
- You will be prescribed painkiller and antibiotic medications.
- Adviced to wear compression garment
- Surgeons typically recommend being active taking short walks around your home to decrease swelling and keep up circulation
- For the first 5-7 days only gently wash your buttocks alternate days.
- Two to three weeks after procedure, you may be able to resume normal activities, except for squatting, strenuous exercise.
- After 7-10 days depending on healing ,Sutures if required will be removed.
Helpful: What are buttock enhancement surgeries?
Complications of Brazilian butt lift procedure
While Brazilian butt lift is a safe procedure , all surgeries have certain risks, which may include:
- Infection. If your surgeon's instruments were not properly sterilized or if you fail to clean your wounds
- Scarring minimal in Brazilian butt lift
- Reabsorbed fat- some of the injected fat may be reabsorbed, thus diminishing your results
- Prolonged loss of sensation
- Fluid accumulation
- Excessive bleeding
- Revisional surgery
Factors affecting cost of procedure
Cost of procedure depends on the following factors
- Whether or not you decide to combine your butt lift surgery with other cosmetic procedures.
- Your surgeon's expertise and experience.
- Cost of team of doctors
- The hospital you choose , type of room
- Cost of medication
- Cost of medical test
- Cost of follow up care