Pet Scan Cost In TurkeyChat
What is Pet Scan?
An imaging test using a radioactive tracer to examine diseases in the body is known as Positron Emission Tomography (PET) scan. It is different from MRI and CT scans. Machines that combine PET and CT images, called PET/CT, are commonly used.
PET scans are used to study various conditions, including Cancer, Brain disorders such as epilepsy, Heart disease, etc.
How is the Procedure Performed?
A small amount of radioactive tracer used in PET scans is given through a vein (IV). The needle is inserted on the inside of the patient's elbow. After traveling through the blood, the tracer collects in organs and tissues, which helps the radiologist see certain areas more clearly.
The patient must wait as the body absorbs the tracer, which may take about 1 hour. The patient then lies on a narrow table that slides into a large tunnel-shaped scanner. The PET detects signals from the tracer.
A computer changes the signs into 3D pictures, displaying the images on a monitor for the healthcare provider to read. The patient must lie still during the test, as too much movement can blur images and cause errors. Depending on the body part being scanned, the test time may vary.
Who is the Right Doctor for Pet Scan?
A nuclear medicine specialist or a radiologist performs PET scans.
The cost of PET Scan includes:
- Preparing for the scan, such as blood tests and post-scan consultations
- Specific area of the body being scanned. For e.g., a whole-body PET scan may cost more than a brain PET scan
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Cost may differ depending on the diagnostic center
- Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room), if patient is admitted to the hospital
- Complications, if they occur (include nausea, vomiting, headache, itching, flushing, mild rash, etc. after the tracer is injected)
Cost related to Pet Scan in Turkey
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|PET Scan||USD 720 to USD 880|
|PET CT Scan||USD 720 to USD 880|
Pet Scan in Turkey
Popular Cities in Turkey for Pet Scan are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Pet Scan
Type of Medical scans.
Pet Scan - Machine
PET Scan vs CT Scan
Types of Brain Imaging.
Top hospitals and doctors for Pet Scan in TurkeyFilter
Showing 17 Hospitals and doctors for Pet Scan in Turkey
Medical Park Group, İstanbul
Medical Park is one of the largest hospital groups in Turkey having renowned Onco-surgeons & medical oncologists.
The hospital group gained the name of ''center of excellence'' for providing exceptional medical care to the patients.
Prof. Dr. Moshe Inbar is one of the renowned oncologists with 40+ years of experience associated with the Medical Park group.
He has expertise in the treatment of breast cancer, gastrointestinal cancer, and urologic cancer.
Medical Park, Istanbul is the first-ever private oncology center established in Turkey.
The Oncology center at Medical Park, Istanbul are exclusive as Medical oncology & Pediatric Oncology.
There is an entirely separate section for academics and research, which continuously strives to search for new technologies and methods for better treatment options.
The services that are offered by them include Radiotherapy (Linac, Hipec), Tomotherapy, Truebeam STx, Gamma Knife, etc.
In the case of metastasis, surgeons recommend therapeutic approaches such as chemotherapy, biological therapy, or hormone therapies for efficient treatment.
American Hospital, Istanbul
For 70 years a team of dynamic physical engineers, radiation oncologists, nurses, and radiotherapy technicians has been working towards eliminating cancer.
Established as the first international satellite clinic and considered one of the largest cancer centers in the world.
It is acknowledged worldwide for their treatment plan with the patient's high chances of survival.
Well equipped with world-class technologies and follows advanced imaging techniques for better diagnosis.
Services offered by them include Intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT), Image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT), Volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT), Breathhold 4 D treatments (ABC device), Stereotactic treatments (SRS and SRT), Brachytherapy., Total body irradiation, etc.
Anadolu Medical Center, Kocaeli, Istanbul
Founded in 2005, Anadolu Health Center is located in Gebze district of Turkey. It is affiliated with Johns Hopkins Hospital in the United States, which is the number one medical center in the USA. The hospital has outpatient clinics in Istanbul at Ataşehir.
Anadolu Medical Center is accredited with JCI (Joint Commission International), OECI, ISO (18001, 14001 and 9001) certifications, OHSAS 18001 and ESMO (European Society for Medical Oncology).
The hospital covers a wide range of services, including neurological sciences, cardiovascular health, oncology, gynecology and IVF, diagnosis, and imaging. There are nine oncology departments, including Oncology Diagnosis, Surgical Oncology, Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Hematologic Oncology and Onco-cardiology.
The hospital provides airport pick up and drop facility, visa assistance and translator for French, English, Spanish, Russian, Persian and German. Language assistance is free of charge for international patients. The hospital examines medical reports in English and Russian language.
Doctors for Pet Scan in Turkey
Radiation OncologistProfessor, 30 years of experience
- Dr. Enis Ozyar is a prominent Radiation Oncologist with over 30 years of rich experience.
- His clinical interests are Brachytherapy, Stereotactic body radiation, Gynaecological malignancies, and Head and Neck tumours.
- He is a member of the Turkish Medical Association, the European Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology, the American Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology, the Balkan Union of Oncology, the Turkish Oncology Association, and the Turkish Cancer Research and Control Institution.
- Dr. Enis Ozyar gained his MBBS (1985) from Ankara University.
- He did his specialization in Radiation Oncology (1993) at Hacettepe University.
- Dr. Enis Ozyar is the author of several publications and articles.
Radiation OncologistProfessor, 32 years of experience
- Dr. Ilan Gil Ron is a well-known Radiation Oncologist in Turkey.
- After completing his medical school, Dr.Ilan Gil Ron started his higher education at the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev followed by 'Oncology' specialization in Tel Aviv University.
- Dr. Ilan Gil Ron has also received a degree in Master of Public Health from New York.
- He holds more than 32 years of experience in his field of specialization.
- He has studied the treatment of GIT cancer (esophagus, stomach, intestines, liver, pancreas) from the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York.
- He has also upgraded his qualification in the field of short-distant radiation therapy from the Cookridge Hospital, UK.
- He has more than 80 scientific medical publications to his credit.
- He is associated with various international medical associations including ISCORT- Israeli Society for Clinical Oncology and Radiation Therapy, ASTRO - American Society for Radiation Oncology, ASCO - American Society of Clinical Oncology, The New York Academy of Sciences, and National & international forums in melanoma and breast cancer.
Radiation OncologistProfessor, 29 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Saim Yılmaz is a renowned Interventional Radiologist at Medical Park Hospital, Antalya.
- Prof. Dr. Saim Yılmaz specializes in uterine fibroids, thyroid nodule, varicocele, breast cancer, liver cancer, thyroid cancer, prostate cancer, venous malformation.
- Prof. Dr. Saim Yılmaz completed his medical education from Istanbul Medical Faculty in 1985 followed by ‘Specialty’ in Radiology from Akdeniz University Faculty of Medicine.
- Prof. Dr. Saim Yılmaz participated in more than 100 congresses and symposiums in Turkey as well as abroad.
- Prof. Dr. Saim Yılmaz has written more than 700 articles and received more than 600 citations to these articles.
- Prof. Dr. Saim Yılmaz presented more than 100 congress papers in the field of Interventional Radiology.
- Prof. Dr. Saim Yılmaz has been invited to deliver 4 courses in different years in European Radiology Congress and European Interventional Radiology Congress.
- In 2011, Prof. Dr. Saim Yılmaz focused on Interventional Oncology and applied new therapies to destroy tumors by means of heating, cooling or angiography. His expertise also lies in cryoablation and nano knife treatments.
Pet Scan Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Radiation Oncologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Pet Scan in other countries, compared to Turkey?
Approximate price of Pet Scan in other countries compared to Turkey is:
- India, USD 400 to USD 600, approximately 38% lower than Turkey
- Thailand, USD 1360 to USD 2040, approximately 113% higher than Turkey
- Germany, USD 1600 to USD 2400, approximately 150% higher than Turkey
- Malaysia, USD 800 to USD 1200, approximately 25% higher than Turkey