Pet Scan Cost In IndiaChat
What is Pet Scan?
An imaging test using a radioactive tracer to examine diseases in the body is known as Positron Emission Tomography (PET) scan. It is different from MRI and CT scans. Machines that combine PET and CT images, called PET/CT, are commonly used.
PET scans are used to study various conditions, including Cancer, Brain disorders such as epilepsy, Heart disease, etc.
How is the Procedure Performed?
A small amount of radioactive tracer used in PET scans is given through a vein (IV). The needle is inserted on the inside of the patient's elbow. After traveling through the blood, the tracer collects in organs and tissues, which helps the radiologist see certain areas more clearly.
The patient must wait as the body absorbs the tracer, which may take about 1 hour. The patient then lies on a narrow table that slides into a large tunnel-shaped scanner. The PET detects signals from the tracer.
A computer changes the signs into 3D pictures, displaying the images on a monitor for the healthcare provider to read. The patient must lie still during the test, as too much movement can blur images and cause errors. Depending on the body part being scanned, the test time may vary.
Who is the Right Doctor for Pet Scan?
A nuclear medicine specialist or a radiologist performs PET scans.
The cost of PET Scan includes:
- Preparing for the scan, such as blood tests and post-scan consultations
- Specific area of the body being scanned. For e.g., a whole-body PET scan may cost more than a brain PET scan
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Cost may differ depending on the diagnostic center
- Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room), if patient is admitted to the hospital
- Complications, if they occur (include nausea, vomiting, headache, itching, flushing, mild rash, etc. after the tracer is injected)
Cost related to Pet Scan in India
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|PET Scan||Rs.22200 to Rs.29600|
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Pet Scan
Type of Medical scans.
Pet Scan - Machine
PET Scan vs CT Scan
Types of Brain Imaging.
Top hospitals and doctors for Pet Scan in IndiaFilter
Showing 127 Hospitals and doctors for Pet Scan in India
Medanta - The Medicity, Gurgaon
A special well-equipped team for breast care is available which is highly experienced in treating conditions like breast cancer, fibroadenoma, fibrocystic breast, intraductal carcinoma etc.
The hospital has been doing complex surgeries for oral, head and neck cancers with 100% success rate such microvascular surgery, skull base surgeries, and organ preservation surgeries.
The global hospital is considered as the best hospital in India as it provides surgical treatment for all types of cancer.
The radiation department is also well-equipped with advanced technologies such as Rapid ARC, stereotactic body radiotherapy for cranial and extra-cranial sites, 3D conformal radiotherapy, IGRT, IMRT, Hybrid VMAT for bilateral breast cancer
BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
BLK Cancer Centre in Delhi is amongst the first to offer HIPEC (Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy) Technology in India.
It was Asia’s first and world’s seventh hospital to introduce Cyber-knife VSI.
Besides Cyber-knife, the hospital also provides other modern technologies, such as Trilogy Tx Linear Accelerator, IGRT, IMRT, 3D CRT, and high dose rate brachytherapy.
One of the best oncologists, Dr. Sandeep Mehta has been working with BLK hospital, who expertise in head and neck oncology.
For treatment of breast cancer, there are modern techniques like Single Dose Intra-operative Radiation Therapy and 3D conformal partial breast irradiation, which can minimize the duration of radiation treatment.
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
The hospital is amongst top cancer hospital in india and recognized as “a designated center for integrated oncology and palliative care” by the European Society of medical oncology.
There is a distinct provision for Daycare chemotherapy unit as a part of which the patients can go home the same day of the treatment.
Cutting-edge technologies like minimal access surgery, robotic surgeries, Trilogy for radiotherapy, Edge ™ and Novalis ™ for radiosurgery are used routinely used.
A well-equipped comprehensive breast care unit is available, which has highly qualified experts to guide the patient for the best treatment plan related to the breast issues.
This is one of the topmost hospitals in India with the biggest Stem cell transplant unit in Western India.
Dr. Santanu Sen is the pediatric oncologist working with Kokilaben hospital. He is in charge of the pediatric stem cell treatment.
He has performed a stem cell transplant procedure on the youngest child in India.
Doctors for Pet Scan in India
Radiation OncologistSenior Consultant, 39 years of experience
- Dr. Nalini Yadala is a renowned Radiation Oncologist with 39+ years of experience.
- She holds expertise in External Beam Radiation For Prostate Cancer, Genitourinary Malignancies, Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT), Cancer Treatment and Brachytherapy (Internal Radiation Therapy), etc.
- She pursued MBBS from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad in 1982 followed by DNB in Radiotherapy from the National Board Of Examination in 1994.
- She is an active member of the Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI) and the Indian Society of Oncology (ISO).
Radiation OncologistConsultant, 33 years of experience
- Dr. Subodh Chandra Pande is among the renowned Radiation Oncologists in India.
- He has been practicing for the past 33 years.
- Specializes in the use of Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) and PET Scan-based techniques for cancer management.
- Expertises are Oncology Medicine, All Modern Teletherapy & Brachytherapy Procedures
- Member of various renowned organizations such as the Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI), Indian Society of Oncology (ISO), Association of Medical Physicists of India, Paediatric Hematology & International Society of Paediatric Oncology.
Radiation OncologistConsultant, 28 years of experience
- Dr. Rajendran B is a radiation oncologist with 28+ years of experience.
- He is a first Oncologist to do Radiosurgery in Northern Malaysia and certificate of Merit as Best Doctor of Dept of Radiation Oncology.
- He is a member of Malaysian Oncological Society, Association of Radiation Oncologists of India and Malaysian Medical Association.
- He has completed MBBS from Karnataka Medical College; DMRT from Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute and MD from Kasturba Medical College, 1995.
- Dr. Rajendran has also attended many National & International Conferences.
Pet Scan Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Pet Scan cost in different cities in India?
The price for Pet Scan in different cities in India is approximately in the range of:
- New Delhi: Rs.18759 to Rs.29341
- Gurgaon: Rs.19240 to Rs.28860
- Noida: Rs.18038 to Rs.30063
- Chennai: Rs.19240 to Rs.27658
- Mumbai: Rs.19721 to Rs.29341
- Bangalore: Rs.18759 to Rs.28379
- Kolkata: Rs.18038 to Rs.27177
- Jaipur: Rs.16835 to Rs.26936
- Mohali: Rs.17316 to Rs.40885
- Ahmedabad: Rs.16114 to Rs.26696
- Hyderabad: Rs.18519 to Rs.28139
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Radiation Oncologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Pet Scan in other countries, compared to India?
Approximate price of Pet Scan in other countries compared to India is:
- Turkey, USD 640 to USD 960, approximately 60% higher than India
- Thailand, USD 1360 to USD 2040, approximately 240% higher than India
- Germany, USD 1600 to USD 2400, approximately 300% higher than India
- Malaysia, USD 800 to USD 1200, approximately 100% higher than India