Chemotherapy Cost In MalaysiaChat
What is Chemotherapy?
The process of using powerful chemicals and anti-cancer drugs to kill cancer cells is known as chemotherapy.
It may be given for curative purposes or reducing symptoms and prolong life.
A lot of chemotherapy drugs are available, which are either used alone or in combination.
Chemotherapy is an effective way of treating cancer, but it has many side effects, such as-
- Hair loss
- Appetite loss
- Mouth ulcers
How is the Procedure Performed?
The chemotherapy process is a little complex. First, a device is surgically inserted into the body before any intravenous chemotherapy. These devices can be a catheter, port, or pump.
Then there are pre-investigative tests to ensure your body is ready for chemotherapy. Every aspect and side effect planning and management is done.
For the chemotherapy drug to be given to the body, there are many routes -
- Creams, or maybe direct application
Who is the Right Doctor for Chemotherapy?
The right doctor for chemotherapy is a Medical Oncologist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
If we talk specifically about the five-year survival rate of chemotherapy, it is around 40-50% depending on the case.
However, chemotherapy is given in combination with other therapy.
The cost of Chemotherapy includes:
Before starting chemotherapy, a few diagnostic tests may be done, such as Blood tests, X-rays, MRI, CT, PET, or ultrasound.
Chemotherapy session cost (depends on the number of sessions required)
Patient's hospital stay (only in case of high-dose chemotherapy)
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
The stage and type of cancer
Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy.
Any additional tests may be required to know the status of the disease during the course of treatment.
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost related to Chemotherapy in Malaysia
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Chemotherapy||USD 1800 to USD 2200|
|Colon Cancer Treatment||USD 11700 to USD 14300|
|Skin Cancer||USD 9000 to USD 11000|
|Cervical Cancer Treatment||USD 8640 to USD 10560|
|Metastatic Tumors Treatment||USD 7200 to USD 8800|
|Esophagus Cancer Treatment||USD 7560 to USD 9240|
|Hodgkin Disease Treatment||USD 3600 to USD 4400|
|Fallopian Tube Cancer||USD 11700 to USD 14300|
|Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (NHL) Treatment||USD 12600 to USD 15400|
|Stomach Cancer Treatment||USD 9900 to USD 12100|
|Anal Cancer Treatment||USD 2700 to USD 3300|
|Bile Duct Cancer Treatment||USD 8100 to USD 9900|
Chemotherapy in Malaysia
Popular Cities in Malaysia for Chemotherapy are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Chemotherapy
What is Chemotherapy?
Before and after images for chemotherapy.
How Chemotherapy Treatment works?
How Chemotherapy Infusion is Done?
Side Effects of Chemotherapy.
Top hospitals and doctors for Chemotherapy in MalaysiaFilter
Showing 22 Hospitals and doctors for Chemotherapy in Malaysia
Gleneagles Hospital Medini Johor
- Gleneagles Hospital Medini Johor is a premier tertiary hospital located in the south of Malaysia.
- Being a multispecialty hospital, it offers various medical and surgical procedures such as Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, ENT, Gastroenterology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Paediatric Surgery, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Joint Replacement & Sports Reconstructive Surgery, Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery, General Surgery, and Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery.
- It equipped with cutting edge medical technologies and procedures like Linear Accelerator Elekta Synergy equipped with Catalyst HD, 640-slice CT scan, CT Coronary Calcium Scoring, and Cardiac MRI.
- It is a Medisave-accredited hospital, approved by the Ministry of Health, Singapore.
- It also has an international patient care team that assist in appointment & discharge, visa, flights, airport transfers, emergency, accommodations, language interpretation, and sightseeing.
Ara Damansara Medical Centre, Selangor
Ara Damansara Medical Centre (ADMC), situated in Selangor, Malaysia is part of Ramsay Sime Darby Healthcare (RSDH) which is one of the leading private healthcare groups and a pioneer of advanced medical practices and technologies.
The Medical Centre has extensive medical and surgical specialities such as Breast Surgery, Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, General Surgery, Gastroenterology & Hepatology, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Oculoplastic Surgery, Oncology, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Radiology to mention a few.
It also has a comprehensive Paediatric department which includes Cardiology, Dermatology, Neurology, Ophthalmology & Strabismus Surgery.
The Eye Care Unit is a speciality of the Medical Centre equipped with many of the latest ocular diagnostics and treatment, on par with some of the leading eye centres around the world.
It is supported by cutting edge medical technologies and equipment like 3 Tesla MRI Scanner and Dual Source Flash CT Scanner (low dose).
It has a dedicated International Patient Care Team that helps from hospital appointment and discharge, cost estimation, accommodations, hotels, language interpretation services, and local tours.
Beverly Wilshire Medical Centre, Johor Bahru
- With 7 years of experience in the industry, Beverly Wilshire Medical Centre, Johor Bahru provides a one-stop centre for Cosmetic Surgery and Aesthetic Medicine.
- It offers diverse services all related to aesthetics such as Cosmetic Surgery, Aesthetic Medicine, Healthy Aging, Hair Restoration, and Fat Reduction.
- The Centre is equipped with state-of-the-art technologies and facilities to provide optimal results to patients.
- It is licensed by the Ministry of Health (MOH) Malaysia and a member of the Malaysian Healthcare Travel Council (MHTC).
- The Centre is also a recipient of many awards such as The BrandLaureate - SMEs BestBrands Award Man of The Year & Brand of the Year 2020, Medical Travel Awards - International Cosmetic Surgery Clinic of the Year 2018, 2016, 2015 to mention a few.
Doctors for Chemotherapy in Malaysia
Medical OncologistConsultant, 15 years of experience
- Dr Winnie Ng Nyek Ping is an experienced Medical Oncologist with over 15 years of expertise.
- She possesses expertise in Cancer screening and treatment, Conformal radiotherapy, Intensity-modulated radiotherapy, Volumetric modulated arc therapy, Stereotactic radiotherapy, Brachytherapy, Chemotherapy, Hormonal therapy, Targeted therapy, Immunotherapy, Basic palliative care and more.
- Dr Winnie Ng Nyek Ping is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the European Society of Medical Oncology, the Malaysian Oncology Society, the Malaysian Medical Association and the Academy of Medicine, Malaysia.
- She gained her MBBS (2005) from the Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland.
- Dr Winnie Ng Nyek Ping acquired a Master's degree (2018) from the University of Malaya, Malaysia.
Medical OncologistConsultant, 42 years of experience
- Dr. Jayendran Dharmaratnam is one of the most reputed Medical Oncologists in Kota Kinabalu.
- He has 42 years of extensive experience in his field.
- He speaks English and Bahasa Malay.
- He did his MBBS from the University of Mysore in 1979, Diploma in Medical Radiotherapy & Oncology from Royal College of Radiologists, London, in 1993, and became a Fellow of the Faculty of Radiologists, Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland, in 1994.
Medical OncologistSenior Consultant, 40 years of experience
- Dato' Dr. Adel Zaatar is a well-known Medical Oncologist in Penang, practising for 40 years.
- He is one of the pioneers in the fields of Radiotherapy & Oncology in Malaysia.
- His area of expertise includes the management of all solid tumours of the breast, lung, gastrointestinal tract, urinary tract, nasopharynx and head & neck.
- He is a founding member of the Penang Breast Care Society and a member of the Academy of Medicine of Malaysia (AMM).
- Dato' Dr. Adel Zaatar has several publications, journals, and articles to his name.
- He has completed MB. BcH from Mansoura Medical School, Cairo, Egypt.
- He has done DMRT (Diploma in Radiology Therapy) from Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt.
- He has pursued DMRO (PG Diploma in Medical Radio-Diagnosis) from the Royal College of Radiologists, London, UK.
- Dato' Dr. Adel Zaatar is well-versed in English and Arabic.
Chemotherapy Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Medical Oncologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Chemotherapy
Our patient's testimonials related to Medical Oncologist
More searches related to Chemotherapy
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Chemotherapy in other countries, compared to Malaysia?
Approximate price of Chemotherapy in other countries compared to Malaysia is:
- India, USD 800 to USD 1200, approximately 50% lower than Malaysia
- Turkey, USD 1200 to USD 1800, approximately 25% lower than Malaysia
- Thailand, USD 1200 to USD 1800, approximately 25% lower than Malaysia
- Germany, USD 1600 to USD 2400, approximately 0% higher than Malaysia
- Israel, USD 560 to USD 840, approximately 65% lower than Malaysia
- Singapore, USD 1200 to USD 1800, approximately 25% lower than Malaysia