Gastric Bypass Treatment Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Gastric Bypass?
Gastric Bypass is a surgical procedure for weight loss in which the stomach is divided into a small upper portion and a larger lower pouch and then rearranging the small intestine to connect to both portions.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In Gastric Bypass, a surgeon makes several small incisions to insert a laparoscope and surgical tools to divide the stomach and connect the portions to the small intestine.
Who is the Right Doctor for Gastric Bypass Treatment?
A bariatric surgeon is a medical doctor who is an expert in performing Gastric Bypass Surgery.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate of Gastric Bypass is usually high and lies above 95%.
Dumping syndrome, low blood sugar, bowel obstruction, ulcers, hernias, nausea, dizziness, malnutrition are some long-term risks for patients that may come with Gastric Bypass Surgery.
The cost of Gastric Bypass includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost (complete blood count (CBC), urinalysis, chemistry panel, chest X-ray, ECG, and gallbladder ultrasound)
Types of surgeries [Roux-en-Y (roo-en-wy) gastric bypass, Sleeve gastrectomy, Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch]
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Patient's hospital stay
Note: Post Surgery patients will have to follow a proper diet plan by a nutritionist for the next 12 months.
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as Hemorrhage, Infection, Blood clots)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
Age of the patient
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Gastric Bypass Treatment in United Arab Emirates
Popular Cities in United-arab-emirates for Gastric Bypass Treatment are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Gastric Bypass Treatment in United Arab EmiratesFilter
Showing 25 Hospitals and doctors for Gastric Bypass Treatment in United Arab Emirates
Burjeel Hospital, Dubai
- The Burjeel hospital, Dubai was established in 2007 by the renowned Dr. Shamsheer Vayalil in collaboration with Dr. Samih Tarabichi.
- It has received numerous awards, to name few, it was awarded as the Best Asian Healthcare Brand by The Economic Times, Awarded the Best Laboratory design by Hospital Build & Infrastructure the Middle East, also received a recognition award from Al Hosn Gas for their contribution and support to the Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign, appreciation Award from IDEA Annual Students Education Exhibition and many more.
- The hospital comprises of a well trained and dynamic team of specialists well equipped with the latest equipment and laminar airflow systems to maintain internationally accepted sterility norms that minimize the risk of infection.
- Efficiently manages all types of diagnostic & therapeutic procedures such as knee replacement, hip replacement arthritis, revision surgeries, Neuro-physiology, Specialized physiotherapy, Comprehensive Rehabilitation services, etc.
- Burjeel is a 209 patient bedded hospital with a 14-bed ICU and 10 operating rooms. There are also Royal Suites of 6000 sq.ft. each and Presidential Suites of 3000 sq.ft.
Canadian Specialist Hospital, Dubai
- The Canadian Specialist Hospital (CSH) is a world-class medical facility catering to the highly specialised needs of the Middle East.
- Being one of the largest private hospitals in Dubai, it is the institution of choice for referrals from medical centres that lack specialised facilities.
- It renders comprehensive genetic and prenatal services through its avant-garde medical and surgical expertise.
- It is also an acute-cum-critical care referral hospital.
- It offers an international standard quality of medical care, rehabilitative services, and compassionate patient care at a reasonable cost.
- It has more than 50 specialities under Medical Services, Surgical Services, Dental Services, Critical Care Services, and Diagnostic & other Services.
- Telemedicine is available to connect with a doctor.
- It is JCI re-accredited and a member of Dubai Health Experience.
- CSH won the Best Hospital for Medical Tourism Award at the DHA Health Awards 2018.
NMC Speciality Hospital, Al Ain
- NMC Specialty Hospital, Al Ain is part of the NMC Healthcare that is the largest healthcare provider in UAE. NMC Healthcare is also a leading fertility service provider in the world.
- It is a multispecialty hospital with over 27 specialities including Allergy and Immunology, Cardiac Sciences, Dermatology, Gastroenterology, Neonatology, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Pulmonology, Nephrology, Cosmetic Surgery, General Surgery etc.
- It has an International Patient Centre that is supported by internationally trained and Board-certified physicians. nurses and paramedics to provide personalized care and treatment for patients.
- It had received several awards such as Service Olympian Award for Best Social Media Experience in 2018, Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award 2016-2017, Super Brands 2016-2017 to mention a few.
- It is the referral centre of choice for medical centres and clinics in Al Ain and its nearby areas.
- The Hospital has partnership with the Universities Freiburg Klinikum, Germany, London Clinic (London) and Universitats Spital (Zurich, Switzerland) for medical treatment that is not available locally.
- It also has a tie-up with Biomnis, France to investigate rare findings and do tests not available locally.
- It has insurance affiliations with agencies like Amity Health, Nextcare, Allianz Care, Bupa International UK etc.
Doctors for Gastric Bypass Treatment in United Arab Emirates
Colo-Rectal SurgeonConsultant, 22 years of experience
- Dr. Salil Avinash Vengsarkar possesses +22 years of experience as a General Surgeon and also as a laparoscopic surgeon.
- He graduated from KEM Hospital and Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai. He did his clinical training and fellowships for MIS in Singapore and Australia from reputed hospitals. Dr. Vengsarkar acquired additional training in laser therapy for piles, fistulas, varicose veins disorders and sinuses from Germany, Italy, Latvia and Tunisia.
- Dr. Vengsarkar has performed +5,000 surgical procedures, majorly laparoscopic surgeries.
- Apart from keyhole surgeries for abdominal conditions, he is particularly interested in lasers in anorectal problems and breast-related oncological disorders.
- Dr. Vengsarkar is an expert general surgeon, who is skilled to perform appendectomy, gastric bypass, hemicolectomy, inguinal hernia repair, laparoscopic gastric banding/hernia repair/ gall bladder removal, sleeve gastrectomy, Whipple's procedure, bariatric and oncological surgeries.
- He is also reputed to perform minor surgical procedures, new advanced and painless procedures for piles and fistulas.
Gastric Bypass Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Gastric Bypass Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
One should work alongside the doctor to choose the best weight loss procedure for you. Gastric bypass patients lose between 50 to 80 percent of excess bodyweight within 12 to 18 months, on average. Gastric sleeve patients lose between 60 and 70 percent of their excess body weight within 12 to 18 months, on average.
For all bariatric procedures, pure reversal without conversion to another bariatric procedure is almost certainly followed by a return to morbid obesity. Gastric bypass can be reversed, though this is rarely required.
Thats right.. Bariatric surgery helps patients get rid of a lot of medical problems such as Asthma, DIabetes, Hypertension, Obstructive Sleep Apnea etc.
Most women can get pregnant after a gastric sleeve surgery, the procedure itself can help in case infertility was related to obesity However, it is advised to postpone a pregnancy for 18 months after the surgery and to allow the body to stabilize weight for healthy pregnancy.
Usually three days.
Medical complications that can arise are bleeding, leakage, DVT, hernia, obstruction. Thankfully, they are all treatable conditions and the incidence rate for these complications are between 2% - 5%.
It is about 0.3%
Gastric bypass surgery is a type of weight loss surgery in which a small pouch is being created in stomach which connects the newly created pouch directly to the small intestine. After gastric bypass surgery food is being swallowed to small pouch of stomach and then directly to small intestine which passes most part of your stomach and first section of your small intestine.
Gastric bypass is done to help you lose excess weight and reduce your risk of potentially life-threatening weight-related health problems, including Gastroesophageal reflux disease, Heart disease, High blood pressure, High cholesterol, Obstructive sleep apnea and many others.
You can qualify for gastric bypass surgery if you have a BMI of 35-39 or even more than it can also go for gastric bypass surgery.
Gastric bypass is a serious surgery it also carries some risks along with it. Some of the risks of the procedure includes infection, blood clots and internal bleeding. A new connection is created in your intestine and stomach which will fully heal within a weak.
During the Gastric Bypass Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Usually lasts for 1-2 hours.
Right before the procedure you have to restrict your eating and drinking and avoid smoking and drinking as prescribed by the doctor.
This surgery takes only few hours to be done under general anaesthesia.
This surgery is being done under general anaesthesia. In some surgery traditional large incisions are being made in your abdomen. After making the incisions with the open or laparoscopic technique, the surgeon cuts across the top of your stomach, sealing it off from the rest of your stomach. The resulting pouch is about the size of a walnut and can hold only about an ounce of food. Then, the surgeon cuts the small intestine and sews part of it directly onto the pouch. Food then goes into this small pouch of stomach and then directly into the small intestine sewn to it. Food bypasses most of your stomach and the first section of your small intestine, and instead enters directly into the middle part of your small intestine.
Hospital stay is generally for one to two days but in some cases it can be even more than it.
After Gastric Bypass Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Those who undergo weight loss surgery may be asked to take a complete multivitamin, calcium with Vitamin D, iron and Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and Vitamin B12
Yes moderate exercising and diet modifications would be required.
Patients with a desk or sedentary job will be able to return to work 7-10 days after the operation. Those who have strenuous occupations will have activity and lifting limitations until 3 weeks after surgery.
Person can begin walking within 6 hours, follow up on 7th day and go back to normal life after 7 days.
It is found that patient loss between 75% to 80% of the excess weight. General rule of thumb for ideal weight is height (in cm) minus 100. So if you are 180 cm, your ideal weight should be 80 KG. If you are 120 KG then you have about 40 KG of extra weight. You should expect to lose about 30 –32 KG of weight loss post this procedure
You will be given a proper plan by a nutritionist for the next 12 months. You will be on liquid diet for first 2 weeks post surgery, on semi solid diet for next 2 weeks and then you resume to normal solid diet.
Doctor advices patients to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle to avoid regain. The surgery is a great tool to bring patient back to normal one time but there after individual also has to help and maintain that new normal.
Patient is advised for certain vitamins to taken externally for initial few years and then it can be tapered off.
It will take around three to five weeks to recover from gastric bypass surgery. You can go out to do your normal workout in two to three days.
Some of the foods you should avoid after surgery are red meats, greasy, high fat foods, heavy seasoned or spicy food, sugary foods, alcohol, microwave heated foods.
Some of the risks associated with gastric bypass surgery includes excessive bleeding, infection, adverse reaction to anesthesia, blood clots, breathing problems, leaks in gastrointestinal system. Some of the longer risks and complications of the surgery are bowel obstruction, dumping syndrome, gallstones, hernias, ulcers and vomiting.
Immediately after the surgery you have to be on liquid food and you are not allowed to eat any solid food because your stomach and intestine begins to heal. After that you have to follow a special diet plan of eating semi solid and soft food and then you can eat firm foods.
Gastric bypass can provide long-term weight loss. The amount of weight you lose depends on your type of surgery and your change in lifestyle habits.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals