Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant Cost In TurkeyChat
What is Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant?
In Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant, healthy blood cells are extracted from your own body to replace the diseased cells
How is the Procedure Performed?
In Autologous BMT, transplanted blood cells travel to the bone marrow to produce healthy blood cells and grow new marrow
Who is the Right Doctor for Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant?
Hematologists and Hemato-Oncologists are the right Bone Marrow Transplant specialists to carry out this surgical treatment.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The overall success rate of Autologous BMT is 86 percent when proper chemotherapy is given followed by autologous bone marrow transplant in case of hematological malignancies.
The Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant may cure certain cancers such as Leukemia, Lymphoma, Myelodysplasia, or Multiple Myeloma. It also cures diseases that affect the production of bone marrow cells such as aplastic anemia, sickle cell anemia, or thalassemia.
Cost related to Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant in Turkey
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant||USD 18000 to USD 22000|
|Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplant||USD 54000 to USD 66000|
|Bone Marrow Transplant||USD 58500 to USD 71500|
|Bone Marrow Cancer||USD 45000 to USD 55000|
|Leukemia Treatment||USD 27000 to USD 33000|
Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant in Turkey
Popular Cities in Turkey for Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant in TurkeyFilter
Showing 17 Hospitals and doctors for Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant in Turkey
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental, Istanbul
- The Hisar Hospital’s hematology department treats the patient in stages, starting with the evaluation of the symptoms followed by a proper treatment plan and imaging tests, thereafter the Inpatient Services and treatment protocol is explained to the patient.
- The Hisar Hospital’s hematology department provides services such as the management of bone marrow disorders, Lymphoma, Multiple myeloma, Acute leukemia, Chronic leukemia, Anemia, Thalassemia, Hemangioma, etc.
Medical Park Group, İstanbul
- The hematology department at the medical park hospital consists of physicians, nurses, pharmacists, therapists, social workers, and administrators specializing in all aspects of stem cell transplantation.
- The department is heavily supported by specialty programs based in the Divisions of Intensive Care Unit, Pulmonary Medicine, Infectious Diseases, Renal Medicine, and other specialty services of the Medical Center.
- BMT centers are certified by Ministry of Health and EBMT for the conduct of autologous, allogeneic, matched-unrelated, and reduced intensity transplantations.
- Services to the patients at hematology centers provided by experienced physicians supported by a state of the art laboratory, and equipment and hardware that comply with international standards.
American Hospital, Istanbul
- The American hospital hematology department comprises well-experienced doctors who efficiently manage the patient genetic profiling both abroad and domestically.
- Services offered by them include Acute lymphoblastic leukemia, Acute myeloid leukemia, Amyloidosis, Anemia, Aplastic anemia, Autoimmune hemolytic anemias, Autoimmune thrombopenia, Benign hematological conditions, Bleeding disorders, C1-esterase deficiency, White blood cell diseases, Chronic lymphocytic leukemia, chronic myeloid leukemia, chronic myelomonocytic leukemia, Cryoglobulinemia, Cutaneous T-cell lymphoma, Large granular lymphocyte diseases, Leukemia, Lymphoma, and Macroglobulinemia.
Doctors for Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant in Turkey
HematologistSenior Consultant, 35 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Serdar Bedi Omay is a Hematologist with more than 35+ years of experience in the field.
- He is a member of the Turkish Hematology Association, Japanese Hematology Association, Turkish Blood Banks & Transfusion Association, Japanese Biochemistry & Molecular Biology Association, Hematology Specialist Association, and Ankara Science High School Association.
- He completed his medical education at Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine in 1985 and did his specialization in Ege University Faculty of Medicine and became a specialist in Internal Medicine in 1990.
- In 1995, he received his hematology sub-specialty from Ph.D. - Japan Mie School of Medicine.
- Completing his military service at Gühane Military Medical Academy in 1996, he was appointed as Associate Professor in the Department of Hematology in Ege University Faculty of Medicine in 1997.
- He has special interest in areas such as Acute Leukemia Diagnosis and Treatment, Lymphoma Treatments, Bleeding Disorders, and other related Hematological Disease Treatments.
- He has written 41 articles and case reports published in journals scanned by SCI, 7 articles and case reports published in peer-reviewed and periodical journals, and 112 papers presented at national and international meetings.
HematologistHead of Department, 40 years of experience
- Dr. Burhan Ferhanoğlu is a hematologist with 40+ years of experience.
- He is a member of the Turkish Society of Hematology, International Society of Hematology, European Hematology Association, American Society of Hematology and European Bone Marrow Transplantation Society.
- He graduated from Istanbul University, Istanbul in 1978, completed his residency in internal medicine from Istanbul University, Istanbul in 1982 and fellowship in hematology from Istanbul University, Istanbul in 1988.
- Dr. Burhan has conducted studies at the department of hematology and oncology at the University of Texas in 1990 and 1991.
- He made investigations at the Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit of Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle in 1992.
- He has bagged many awards due to his contribution in the medical field.
HematologistSenior Consultant, 32 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Gulsan Sucak is a Hematologist with more than 32 years of experience in the field.
- She is a reputed member of various organizations such as the Turkish Hematology Association, Hematology Specialist Association, Turkish Blood Banks & Transfusion Association, etc.
- She completed her graduation from Ankara University Faculty of Medicine in 1981, and specialization from Gazi University Faculty of Medicine Department of Internal Diseases - Internal Diseases and minor specialization from Gazi University Faculty of Medicine Hematology Department - Hematology.
- She has won many awards for her research work and dedication in the field of Hematology.
- Dr. Sucak is well-versed with Acute Leukemia Diagnosis and Treatment, Lymphoma Treatments, Bleeding Disorders, and other related Hematological Disease Treatments, etc.
- She has published several papers in National and International Journals.
Before Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant - Most Frequently Asked Questions
In an autologous transplant, your own blood-forming stem cells are collected. You are then treated with high doses of chemotherapy. The high-dose treatment kills the cancer cells, but it also gets rid of the blood-producing cells that are left in your bone marrow.
Autologous stem cell transplant offers very high chances of sending disease into remission for a long time and it varier person to person.
90% success rate.
YES, but this is temporary.
No, Bone Marrow Transplant is a medical procedure. It is as good as undergoing a blood transfusion.
It takes about 24 hours for your stem cells to reach the bone marrow. Then they start to grow, multiply, and help the marrow make healthy blood cells again.
Autologus bone marrow transplant is a transplant procedure which uses healthy blood stem cells from your own body to replace the diseased and damaged bone.
In autologous transplant the blood forming stem cells are being separated and collected and then they are treated with high doses of chemotherapy which kills the cancer cells but it will also help you to get rid of blood producing cells which are left in your bone marrow.
Autologus bone marrow transplant are needed in those patients who have leukemias, severe aplastic anemia, lymphomas, multiple myeloma, immune deficiency disorder and some solid tumor cancers.
Autologus bone marrow transplant is being used to treat blood cancer such as Hodgkin and non Hodgkin lymphoma. This treatment restores the body’s ability to make normal blood cells after a high dose of chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
The success rate of autologous bone marrow transplant is around 50 to 60 percent followed by a high dose of chemotherapy and autologous stem cell transplant.
Autologus bone marrow transplant comes from the same person who will get transplant so the patient is the donor while allogenic bone marrow transplant means other, the stem cells in the allogenic transplant are from a person other than patient.
During the Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant - Most Frequently Asked Questions
For this, your doctor uses a needle to get bone marrow from different parts of your hipbone. It takes 1 to 2 hours and you'll take medicine to help you sleep through it.
Autologus bone marrow transplant is not a surgical procedure and it will take around one to four hour.
Autologus bone marrow transplant is being done by an oncologist or a haematologist.
In autologous transplant the blood forming stem cells are collected and they are treated with high doses of chemotherapy. These high doses will treat the cancer cells but it also help you to get rid of the blood producing cells which are left in bone marrow.
After Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely, you will go back to normal life after 4-6 weeks of the procedure.
For some people fatigue is a short term effect of treatment that gets better over a few months or it might come and go for about six months to a year.
The recovery time of autologous bone marrow transplant will take around two to three weeks while cord blood engraftment will take around three to five weeks.
Bone marrow transplant will take around three months to recover it will also take more or less time. The time taken after transplant will depend on your time of your recovery and growth.
The side effect of autologous stem cell transplant are mouth and throat pain, nausea, vomiting, infection, bleeding, graft failure and graft versus host disease.
Bone marrow transplant is done after you complete the conditioning process on the day of transplant the stem cells are being infused in your body through a central line.
You have to go through regular blood tests to asses that the transplanted healthy cells have survived or they have started to multiply in the bone marrow. It will take around two to four weeks or sometimes even more to have an idea whether the transplant procedure is successful or not.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Hematologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals