Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant Cost In IndiaChat
What is Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant?
In Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant, healthy blood cells are extracted from your own body to replace the diseased cells
How is the Procedure Performed?
In Autologous BMT, transplanted blood cells travel to the bone marrow to produce healthy blood cells and grow new marrow
Who is the Right Doctor for Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant?
Hematologists and Hemato-Oncologists are the right Bone Marrow Transplant specialists to carry out this surgical treatment.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The overall success rate of Autologous BMT is 86 percent when proper chemotherapy is given followed by autologous bone marrow transplant in case of hematological malignancies.
The Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant may cure certain cancers such as Leukemia, Lymphoma, Myelodysplasia, or Multiple Myeloma. It also cures diseases that affect the production of bone marrow cells such as aplastic anemia, sickle cell anemia, or thalassemia.
Cost related to Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant in India
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant||Rs.532800 to Rs.710400|
|Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplant||Rs.532800 to Rs.710400|
|Bone Marrow Transplant||Rs.666000 to Rs.888000|
|Bone Marrow Cancer||Rs.754800 to Rs.1006400|
|Leukemia Treatment||Rs.799200 to Rs.1065600|
|Hairy Cell Leukemia - HCL||Rs.66600 to Rs.88800|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant in IndiaFilter
Showing 126 Hospitals and doctors for Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant in India
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
The hematology department of the hospital is counted amongst the top 10 hematology hospital in India, well-equipped with state-of-the-art techniques for non-invasive vascular testing, diagnostic angiography, and endovascular therapeutic procedures.
A distinct section harnessed with the current technologies is dedicated entirely to the Bone Marrow Transplant procedures.
Dr. Manas Kalra is a pediatric hematologist and oncologist with more than 13 years of experience working with the hospital.
Dr. Kalra specializes in doing bone marrow transplants and in the management of cancer in children.
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
The hospital has completed nearly 120 bone marrow transplants in one year.
This is also one of the largest centers for the treatment of multiple sclerosis, sickle cell, and aplastic anemia treatment by following the Global standard of infection control practices.
Counted as one of the very few centers for doing matched unrelated donor transplant for thalassemia.
The unit is also known for treating patients from 18 different countries and for being the first India hospital to BMT transplant from Trinidad & Tobago.
Several hematological disorders such as anemia, sickle cell disease, immune deficiency disorders, autoimmune disorders, multiple myeloma, clotting disorders, bleeding disorders and many more.
Dr. Rahul Bhargava, one of the topmost hematologists in India having completed more than 400 stem cell transplants so far.
Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai
- Established in 1983, one of the best hospitals for heart care in India.
- First Indian hospital to introduce techniques in coronary angioplasty, stereotactic radiotherapy and radio-surgery (for brain tumours).
- Major specialties includes Heart, Cancer, Bones, Joints & Spine, Organ Transplants, Neurology, Gastro & Colorectal, Bariatric Surgery, Gynaecology & Infertility and Ophthalmology.
- First Indian hospital to be awarded the IS0 9001 and ISO 14001 certifications.
- First hospital in South India to be accredited by the Joint Commission International USA and subsequently reaccredited 4 times.
- Declared as the 'Centre of Excellence' by the Government of India.
- Voted several times as the "Best Private Sector Hospital in India" by The Week magazine.
- Bagged the top 2 positions in the All India Multispecialty Hospital Survey 2016 conducted by Times Health.
- NABH and JCI Accredited
Doctors for Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant in India
HematologistSenior Consultant, 19 years of experience
- Dr. Rahul Bhargava is one of the best Hemato Oncology & Bone Marrow Transplant Surgeons in India.
- He has been practicing for the past 19 years an is trained in treating Castleman Disease.
- He has done close to 1000 bone marrow transplants which are record-breaking in North India.
- Brings along with him an International experience; worked in Vancouver, Canada where he specifically trained in Umbilical cord transplant.
- Member of various prestigious organizations, American Society of Bone Marrow Transplant, American Society of Paediatric Hemato-Oncology, International Society of Paediatric Oncology to name a few.
- He has completed his MBBS & MD from Christian Medical College in Vellore, India. Following which he pursued his DM (Hematology) from the renowned All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
- He can be followed at LinkedIn https://in.linkedin.com/in/dr-rahul-bhargava-76927218.
Cost of consultation for Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant with Dr. Rahul Bhargava starts from INR 1200.
HematologistConsultant, 14 years of experience
- Dr. Pawan Kumar Singh is among the best Hematologic Oncologists and Bone Marrow Transplant Surgeons with 9+ years of experience.
- Interests are hematopoietic BMT in both malignant & Non-malignant hematologic disorders (especially Thalassemia & Aplastic Anemia)
- Has performed more than 300 bone marrow transplants for both malignant and non-malignant blood disorders including aplastic anemia and thalassemia.
- Dr. Singh has done successful Haplo BMT for SCID in an 8-month-old child.
- He has established BMT UNIT at Jaypee hospital for MUD transplant and got PBSC products from national (Datri) and international registry (DKMS).
HematologistConsultant, 23 years of experience
- Dr. Chezhian Subash is one of the top Hematologists with experience of more than 23 years.
- He is proficient in offering treatment for Haematological Oncology, Myelomas and Lymphoma and carries out Bone Marrow Transplantation- Alternate Donor Transplant and Mismatched Transplants.
- He is also renowned for offering treatment for General Haematology, Laboratory Haematology, and dealing Haemato-pathology and Transfusion Medicine.
- He is the recipient of several awards that include: Dr. K.C. Paul Prize for proficiency in Clinical Medicine in 1994 and Maharaja of Cochin prize for proficiency in Physiology in 1991.
- The doctor is an Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer for Hull York Medical School.
- Besides, he has taught many House Officers and Senior House Officers along with many undergraduate students.
- He is a member of numerous prestigious associations such as the Royal College of Pathologists, Royal College of Physicians of London, and the British Society for Haematology.
Cost of consultation for Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant with Dr. Chezhian Subash starts from INR 800.
Before Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant - Most Frequently Asked Questions
In an autologous transplant, your own blood-forming stem cells are collected. You are then treated with high doses of chemotherapy. The high-dose treatment kills the cancer cells, but it also gets rid of the blood-producing cells that are left in your bone marrow.
Autologous stem cell transplant offers very high chances of sending disease into remission for a long time and it varier person to person.
90% success rate.
YES, but this is temporary.
No, Bone Marrow Transplant is a medical procedure. It is as good as undergoing a blood transfusion.
It takes about 24 hours for your stem cells to reach the bone marrow. Then they start to grow, multiply, and help the marrow make healthy blood cells again.
Autologus bone marrow transplant is a transplant procedure which uses healthy blood stem cells from your own body to replace the diseased and damaged bone.
In autologous transplant the blood forming stem cells are being separated and collected and then they are treated with high doses of chemotherapy which kills the cancer cells but it will also help you to get rid of blood producing cells which are left in your bone marrow.
Autologus bone marrow transplant are needed in those patients who have leukemias, severe aplastic anemia, lymphomas, multiple myeloma, immune deficiency disorder and some solid tumor cancers.
Autologus bone marrow transplant is being used to treat blood cancer such as Hodgkin and non Hodgkin lymphoma. This treatment restores the body’s ability to make normal blood cells after a high dose of chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
The success rate of autologous bone marrow transplant is around 50 to 60 percent followed by a high dose of chemotherapy and autologous stem cell transplant.
Autologus bone marrow transplant comes from the same person who will get transplant so the patient is the donor while allogenic bone marrow transplant means other, the stem cells in the allogenic transplant are from a person other than patient.
During the Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant - Most Frequently Asked Questions
For this, your doctor uses a needle to get bone marrow from different parts of your hipbone. It takes 1 to 2 hours and you'll take medicine to help you sleep through it.
Autologus bone marrow transplant is not a surgical procedure and it will take around one to four hour.
Autologus bone marrow transplant is being done by an oncologist or a haematologist.
In autologous transplant the blood forming stem cells are collected and they are treated with high doses of chemotherapy. These high doses will treat the cancer cells but it also help you to get rid of the blood producing cells which are left in bone marrow.
After Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely, you will go back to normal life after 4-6 weeks of the procedure.
For some people fatigue is a short term effect of treatment that gets better over a few months or it might come and go for about six months to a year.
The recovery time of autologous bone marrow transplant will take around two to three weeks while cord blood engraftment will take around three to five weeks.
Bone marrow transplant will take around three months to recover it will also take more or less time. The time taken after transplant will depend on your time of your recovery and growth.
The side effect of autologous stem cell transplant are mouth and throat pain, nausea, vomiting, infection, bleeding, graft failure and graft versus host disease.
Bone marrow transplant is done after you complete the conditioning process on the day of transplant the stem cells are being infused in your body through a central line.
You have to go through regular blood tests to asses that the transplanted healthy cells have survived or they have started to multiply in the bone marrow. It will take around two to four weeks or sometimes even more to have an idea whether the transplant procedure is successful or not.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Hematologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals