Transarterial Chemoembolization Tace Cost In TurkeyChat
What is Transarterial Chemoembolization Tace?
Transarterial chemoembolization or TACE Chemotherapy uses anti-cancer (cytotoxic) drugs to destroy cancer cells. This process is used to treat liver cancer but may also be used in patients whose cancer has spread to other areas of the body. It may be used as a standalone treatment or combined with surgery, ablation, chemotherapy, or radiation therapy depending on the number and type of cancers. Cancers that may be treated by TACE are:
- Primary liver cancer
- Colon cancer
- Breast cancer
- Ocular melanoma, etc.
You may be given a medication called Allopurinol, which may help protect the kidneys from the chemotherapy and the byproducts produced by the dying tumor cells.
The patient can feel a slight pinch when the nurse or technologist inserts a needle into their vein for the IV line to inject the local anesthetic.
The patient can leave the hospital within 48 hours after the procedure and resume their activities within a week.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In this procedure, x-ray equipment, a catheter, and embolic agents are used. The procedure is usually completed within 90 minutes.
Who is the Right Doctor for Transarterial Chemoembolization Tace?
This procedure is performed by a highly-trained interventional radiologist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
Patients can see improvement in the liver depending on the type of liver cancer. This procedure can improve the quality of life.
CT or MRI will be performed every three months after the procedure to determine how much the tumors shrink and to see if any new tumors arise in the liver.
The cost of Transarterial Chemoembolization includes:
- Pre-treatment tests (A review of the patient's medical and family history for diseases, ECG, 2D echo ultrasound, CT and MRI scans of the abdomen, Laboratory tests, and angiography in some cases)
- TACE Surgery Procedure
- Treatment costs include medication costs (radiotherapy, CTRT, Chemotherapy drugs including Allopurinol) and administration costs
- Number of follow-up sessions
- Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Type of hospital and room opted (General, twin sharing, or single room)
- Complications, if they occur (Allopurinol side effects include joint stiffness or swelling, ankle, knee, or great toe joint pain, a rash with flat lesions or small raised lesions on the skin, etc.)
- An extended stay at the hospital, if required
- Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Transarterial Chemoembolization Tace in Turkey
Popular Cities in Turkey for Transarterial Chemoembolization Tace are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Transarterial Chemoembolization Tace in TurkeyFilter
Showing 17 Hospitals and doctors for Transarterial Chemoembolization Tace in Turkey
Medical Park Group, İstanbul
Medical Park is one of the largest hospital groups in Turkey having renowned Onco-surgeons & medical oncologists.
The hospital group gained the name of ''center of excellence'' for providing exceptional medical care to the patients.
Prof. Dr. Moshe Inbar is one of the renowned oncologists with 40+ years of experience associated with the Medical Park group.
He has expertise in the treatment of breast cancer, gastrointestinal cancer, and urologic cancer.
Medical Park, Istanbul is the first-ever private oncology center established in Turkey.
The Oncology center at Medical Park, Istanbul are exclusive as Medical oncology & Pediatric Oncology.
There is an entirely separate section for academics and research, which continuously strives to search for new technologies and methods for better treatment options.
The services that are offered by them include Radiotherapy (Linac, Hipec), Tomotherapy, Truebeam STx, Gamma Knife, etc.
In the case of metastasis, surgeons recommend therapeutic approaches such as chemotherapy, biological therapy, or hormone therapies for efficient treatment.
American Hospital, Istanbul
For 70 years a team of dynamic physical engineers, radiation oncologists, nurses, and radiotherapy technicians has been working towards eliminating cancer.
Established as the first international satellite clinic and considered one of the largest cancer centers in the world.
It is acknowledged worldwide for their treatment plan with the patient's high chances of survival.
Well equipped with world-class technologies and follows advanced imaging techniques for better diagnosis.
Services offered by them include Intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT), Image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT), Volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT), Breathhold 4 D treatments (ABC device), Stereotactic treatments (SRS and SRT), Brachytherapy., Total body irradiation, etc.
Anadolu Medical Center, Kocaeli, Istanbul
Founded in 2005, Anadolu Health Center is located in Gebze district of Turkey. It is affiliated with Johns Hopkins Hospital in the United States, which is the number one medical center in the USA. The hospital has outpatient clinics in Istanbul at Ataşehir.
Anadolu Medical Center is accredited with JCI (Joint Commission International), OECI, ISO (18001, 14001 and 9001) certifications, OHSAS 18001 and ESMO (European Society for Medical Oncology).
The hospital covers a wide range of services, including neurological sciences, cardiovascular health, oncology, gynecology and IVF, diagnosis, and imaging. There are nine oncology departments, including Oncology Diagnosis, Surgical Oncology, Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Hematologic Oncology and Onco-cardiology.
The hospital provides airport pick up and drop facility, visa assistance and translator for French, English, Spanish, Russian, Persian and German. Language assistance is free of charge for international patients. The hospital examines medical reports in English and Russian language.
Doctors for Transarterial Chemoembolization Tace in Turkey
Radiation OncologistProfessor, 30 years of experience
- Dr. Enis Ozyar is a prominent Radiation Oncologist with over 30 years of rich experience.
- His clinical interests are Brachytherapy, Stereotactic body radiation, Gynaecological malignancies, and Head and Neck tumours.
- He is a member of the Turkish Medical Association, the European Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology, the American Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology, the Balkan Union of Oncology, the Turkish Oncology Association, and the Turkish Cancer Research and Control Institution.
- Dr. Enis Ozyar gained his MBBS (1985) from Ankara University.
- He did his specialization in Radiation Oncology (1993) at Hacettepe University.
- Dr. Enis Ozyar is the author of several publications and articles.
Radiation OncologistProfessor, 32 years of experience
- Dr. Ilan Gil Ron is a well-known Radiation Oncologist in Turkey.
- After completing his medical school, Dr.Ilan Gil Ron started his higher education at the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev followed by 'Oncology' specialization in Tel Aviv University.
- Dr. Ilan Gil Ron has also received a degree in Master of Public Health from New York.
- He holds more than 32 years of experience in his field of specialization.
- He has studied the treatment of GIT cancer (esophagus, stomach, intestines, liver, pancreas) from the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York.
- He has also upgraded his qualification in the field of short-distant radiation therapy from the Cookridge Hospital, UK.
- He has more than 80 scientific medical publications to his credit.
- He is associated with various international medical associations including ISCORT- Israeli Society for Clinical Oncology and Radiation Therapy, ASTRO - American Society for Radiation Oncology, ASCO - American Society of Clinical Oncology, The New York Academy of Sciences, and National & international forums in melanoma and breast cancer.
Radiation OncologistProfessor, 29 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Saim Yılmaz is a renowned Interventional Radiologist at Medical Park Hospital, Antalya.
- Prof. Dr. Saim Yılmaz specializes in uterine fibroids, thyroid nodule, varicocele, breast cancer, liver cancer, thyroid cancer, prostate cancer, venous malformation.
- Prof. Dr. Saim Yılmaz completed his medical education from Istanbul Medical Faculty in 1985 followed by ‘Specialty’ in Radiology from Akdeniz University Faculty of Medicine.
- Prof. Dr. Saim Yılmaz participated in more than 100 congresses and symposiums in Turkey as well as abroad.
- Prof. Dr. Saim Yılmaz has written more than 700 articles and received more than 600 citations to these articles.
- Prof. Dr. Saim Yılmaz presented more than 100 congress papers in the field of Interventional Radiology.
- Prof. Dr. Saim Yılmaz has been invited to deliver 4 courses in different years in European Radiology Congress and European Interventional Radiology Congress.
- In 2011, Prof. Dr. Saim Yılmaz focused on Interventional Oncology and applied new therapies to destroy tumors by means of heating, cooling or angiography. His expertise also lies in cryoablation and nano knife treatments.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals