Transarterial Chemoembolization Tace Cost In IndiaChat
What is Transarterial Chemoembolization Tace?
Transarterial chemoembolization or TACE Chemotherapy uses anti-cancer (cytotoxic) drugs to destroy cancer cells. This process is used to treat liver cancer but may also be used in patients whose cancer has spread to other areas of the body. It may be used as a standalone treatment or combined with surgery, ablation, chemotherapy, or radiation therapy depending on the number and type of cancers. Cancers that may be treated by TACE are:
- Primary liver cancer
- Colon cancer
- Breast cancer
- Ocular melanoma, etc.
You may be given a medication called Allopurinol, which may help protect the kidneys from the chemotherapy and the byproducts produced by the dying tumor cells.
The patient can feel a slight pinch when the nurse or technologist inserts a needle into their vein for the IV line to inject the local anesthetic.
The patient can leave the hospital within 48 hours after the procedure and resume their activities within a week.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In this procedure, x-ray equipment, a catheter, and embolic agents are used. The procedure is usually completed within 90 minutes.
Who is the Right Doctor for Transarterial Chemoembolization Tace?
This procedure is performed by a highly-trained interventional radiologist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
Patients can see improvement in the liver depending on the type of liver cancer. This procedure can improve the quality of life.
CT or MRI will be performed every three months after the procedure to determine how much the tumors shrink and to see if any new tumors arise in the liver.
The cost of Transarterial Chemoembolization includes:
- Pre-treatment tests (A review of the patient's medical and family history for diseases, ECG, 2D echo ultrasound, CT and MRI scans of the abdomen, Laboratory tests, and angiography in some cases)
- TACE Surgery Procedure
- Treatment costs include medication costs (radiotherapy, CTRT, Chemotherapy drugs including Allopurinol) and administration costs
- Number of follow-up sessions
- Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Type of hospital and room opted (General, twin sharing, or single room)
- Complications, if they occur (Allopurinol side effects include joint stiffness or swelling, ankle, knee, or great toe joint pain, a rash with flat lesions or small raised lesions on the skin, etc.)
- An extended stay at the hospital, if required
- Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Transarterial Chemoembolization Tace in India
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Transarterial Chemoembolization - TACE||Rs.310800 to Rs.414400|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Transarterial Chemoembolization Tace in IndiaFilter
Showing 127 Hospitals and doctors for Transarterial Chemoembolization Tace in India
Medanta - The Medicity, Gurgaon
A special well-equipped team for breast care is available which is highly experienced in treating conditions like breast cancer, fibroadenoma, fibrocystic breast, intraductal carcinoma etc.
The hospital has been doing complex surgeries for oral, head and neck cancers with 100% success rate such microvascular surgery, skull base surgeries, and organ preservation surgeries.
The global hospital is considered as the best hospital in India as it provides surgical treatment for all types of cancer.
The radiation department is also well-equipped with advanced technologies such as Rapid ARC, stereotactic body radiotherapy for cranial and extra-cranial sites, 3D conformal radiotherapy, IGRT, IMRT, Hybrid VMAT for bilateral breast cancer
BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
BLK Cancer Centre in Delhi is amongst the first to offer HIPEC (Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy) Technology in India.
It was Asia’s first and world’s seventh hospital to introduce Cyber-knife VSI.
Besides Cyber-knife, the hospital also provides other modern technologies, such as Trilogy Tx Linear Accelerator, IGRT, IMRT, 3D CRT, and high dose rate brachytherapy.
One of the best oncologists, Dr. Sandeep Mehta has been working with BLK hospital, who expertise in head and neck oncology.
For treatment of breast cancer, there are modern techniques like Single Dose Intra-operative Radiation Therapy and 3D conformal partial breast irradiation, which can minimize the duration of radiation treatment.
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
The hospital is amongst top cancer hospital in india and recognized as “a designated center for integrated oncology and palliative care” by the European Society of medical oncology.
There is a distinct provision for Daycare chemotherapy unit as a part of which the patients can go home the same day of the treatment.
Cutting-edge technologies like minimal access surgery, robotic surgeries, Trilogy for radiotherapy, Edge ™ and Novalis ™ for radiosurgery are used routinely used.
A well-equipped comprehensive breast care unit is available, which has highly qualified experts to guide the patient for the best treatment plan related to the breast issues.
This is one of the topmost hospitals in India with the biggest Stem cell transplant unit in Western India.
Dr. Santanu Sen is the pediatric oncologist working with Kokilaben hospital. He is in charge of the pediatric stem cell treatment.
He has performed a stem cell transplant procedure on the youngest child in India.
Doctors for Transarterial Chemoembolization Tace in India
Radiation OncologistSenior Consultant, 39 years of experience
- Dr. Nalini Yadala is a renowned Radiation Oncologist with 39+ years of experience.
- She holds expertise in External Beam Radiation For Prostate Cancer, Genitourinary Malignancies, Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT), Cancer Treatment and Brachytherapy (Internal Radiation Therapy), etc.
- She pursued MBBS from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad in 1982 followed by DNB in Radiotherapy from the National Board Of Examination in 1994.
- She is an active member of the Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI) and the Indian Society of Oncology (ISO).
Radiation OncologistConsultant, 33 years of experience
- Dr. Subodh Chandra Pande is among the renowned Radiation Oncologists in India.
- He has been practicing for the past 33 years.
- Specializes in the use of Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) and PET Scan-based techniques for cancer management.
- Expertises are Oncology Medicine, All Modern Teletherapy & Brachytherapy Procedures
- Member of various renowned organizations such as the Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI), Indian Society of Oncology (ISO), Association of Medical Physicists of India, Paediatric Hematology & International Society of Paediatric Oncology.
Radiation OncologistConsultant, 28 years of experience
- Dr. Rajendran B is a radiation oncologist with 28+ years of experience.
- He is a first Oncologist to do Radiosurgery in Northern Malaysia and certificate of Merit as Best Doctor of Dept of Radiation Oncology.
- He is a member of Malaysian Oncological Society, Association of Radiation Oncologists of India and Malaysian Medical Association.
- He has completed MBBS from Karnataka Medical College; DMRT from Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute and MD from Kasturba Medical College, 1995.
- Dr. Rajendran has also attended many National & International Conferences.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals