Meningioma Treatment Cost In TunisiaChat
What is Meningioma?
Meningioma is a non-cancerous tumour of the brain and spinal cord membrane.
There is a three-layer covering beneath the skull on the brain and spinal cord. When a tumour grows in these layers, it is called Meningioma.
It is primarily benign and shows signs and symptoms according to its size.
If the tumour is small and slow-growing, it might not need any intervention.
The sign and symptoms include -
- Changes in vision,
- Hearing loss
How is the Procedure Performed?
Many approaches are available for treating Meningioma based on the size and location of the tumour; a wait-and-watch approach is needed when the tumour is small in size and slow-growing.
If the tumour is giant and causing a lot of discomfort, then surgery, either craniotomy or microsurgery, is done to remove the tumour and cancer cells.
If some part of the cancer is left post-surgery, Radiation Therapy is needed by either SRS (Stereotactic Radiosurgery) or Fractional Radiosurgery.
Chemotherapy is rarely used in such cases; however, if the tumour is not responding to any other treatment, then chemotherapy is done.
Who is the Right Doctor for Meningioma Treatment?
The right doctor for treating Meningioma is a neurologist, head and neck surgeon, neurosurgeon, spine surgeon, and radiation oncologist.
What tests are required?
Meningioma is often challenging to diagnose as vague symptoms, and small size goes unnoticed. However, tests required for the diagnosis of Meningioma are -
- CT scans
- MRI (Magnetic resonance Imagining)
- In some cases, a biopsy may also be required.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
A ten-year survival rate for Meningioma is around 60%. It largely depends upon the patient's age and the nature of cancer.
In malignant cases, the survival rate dips to 50%.
The cost of Meningioma includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost may include [CT Scan or MRI of the brain]
Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumour and the extent to which the tumour has spread)
Type of surgery [Craniotomy, Endoscopic Endonasal Surgery, Neuroendoscopic Surgery, or Spinal Surgery]
Post-Operative cost [there might be a need for Chemotherapy or Radiotherapy before or post-surgery]
Patient's hospital stay [can range from a few days to a couple of weeks]
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The stage and type of cancer
Patients may require repeated investigation through PET CT and related tests Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy
Any additional tests may be required, such as ECG or blood tests
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident [may take longer duration in case of chemotherapy or radiotherapy sessions]
Top hospitals and doctors for Meningioma Treatment in TunisiaFilter
Showing 16 Hospitals and doctors for Meningioma Treatment in Tunisia
- The Ennasr Clinic, Ariana is a multidisciplinary hospital located in Tunisia and was founded in 2008, making it one of the most modern institutions.
- It is the first in Tunisia, and in the Maghreb, to have a centralized unit for the preparation of chemotherapy drugs.
- The hospital specializes in diagnosing complex diseases and medical conditions and treating them accordingly with autonomous exploration and care services for medical and surgical specialties.
- Since its conception, the clinic had one of the most effective technical facilities in Africa including 2 ELEKTA linear accelerators (1 Versa HD and 1 Infinity).
- Moreover, in 2019, the Ennasr clinic launched its second ELEKTA accelerator type Infinity with all the modern options available, which makes it the last generation machine.
- The hospital has a dedicated pharmacy with computerized management that is well-equipped with software to track the calculation of doses and traceability of medicines used in the hospital.
- The Ennasr clinic has a separate technical facility and state-of-the-art equipment that meet all surgical and medical requirements.
- Established in 2007, the La Clinique Mediterraneenne, Tunis is a multidisciplinary hospital located in Tunisia.
- The hospital specializes in the entire health structure in terms of services and high-end technology including Orthopedic Surgery, Radiology, Cosmetic surgery, General surgery, 24-hour emergency service, Outpatient surgery, Gynecology & Obstetrics, and many more.
- The clinic is well-equipped with the latest treatment options and comprises fully-trained doctors and nearly 300 nurses with extensive experience.
- With 15 in-house operating blocks and 23 care stations, the clinic provides modern, stress-free treatment in accordance with the medical standards used all over the world.
- The clinic provides comfortable and bright single rooms with private bathrooms along with French TV channels and free and unlimited wifi.
- Moreover, La Clinique Mediterraneenne also offers package programs such as accommodation, transfers, and touristic vacationing in Tunis.
- The medical team is French-speaking but is also specifically trained to assist foreign patients and guarantee quality care.
- The Pasteur Clinic is a multidisciplinary clinic located at the Urban Center North in Tunis next to the Pasteur Medical Center.
- Established in the year 2015, the clinic provides the latest technology treatments by following the most modern developments in the world.
- The clinic admits all the patients in a personalized approach in order to connect them to the care units and/or exploration centers concerned as quickly as possible and in the best way possible.
- The endoscopy service available at the clinic includes a modern technical platform, which ensures smooth daily activities and access to hemorrhagic, infectious, cancerological, and ischemic endoscopic emergencies.
- For all emergencies, there are 3 consultation boxes, a sorting area that can fit 4 patients, and an echo-charging room wherein serious patients can be investigated and primary care can be given before being referred to other suitable units.
- Furthermore, a team of dedicated emergency doctors ensures a continuous presence 24 hours a day, and the hospital is well-equipped with an independent entrance and the necessary space.
- The operating room complies with European standards in order to guarantee the safety and quality of the operating procedures.
- With more than 15 million procedures already performed worldwide, the ophthalmological center is also furnished with the Femto-LASIK AMO platform with cutting edge innovation.
- All the hospital rooms of the clinic can be selected based on individual, Comfort, Suite, or VIP basis.
Meningioma Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Neurosurgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals