The brain tumour surgery is the procedure done to remove the abnormal growth of cells within the brain or the skull vault. The brain tumors are caused due to abnormal and uncontrolled cell division within the brain. The following structures may be involved
- the lymphatic tissue
- blood vessels cranial nerves
- meninges of the brain
- pituitary gland
- pineal gland
- congenital vest cells.
The brain tumors are of many types depending upon the :
- Location of the tumor
- Type of tissue involved
- The spread of the cancerous cells
Cost of brain tumor surgery in Delhi
The brain tumor surgery cost in India is done at much more reasonable prices than other developed countries. The approximate brain tumor surgery cost in India is around 5500 USD to 7500 USD (INR 390000 to INR 538000). The patient is expected to stay in the hospital for 4 days and for 15 days outside the hospital.
Recommended: Brain Tumor Surgery Cost in India
Factors affecting the cost of brain tumor surgery
The surgery for removal of a brain tumor depends on various factors such as:
- Size of the tumor
- Type of cells involved in the tumor
- Location of the tumor
- Whether the tumor is cancerous or non-cancerous
Other than this, there are some other general factors that determine the exact cost of the treatment such as,
- Age of the patient
- Overall medical condition
- Any associated medical illness
- Immuno-compromised conditions
- Investigations done before the surgery
Generally, the investigations done before the brain tumor surgery are the neurological examination, MRI, and CT scan of the brain.
What makes Delhi a preferred place for brain tumor surgery?
- Economical cost
- Qualified doctors
- Online consistency
- Lesser waiting time
- Advanced infrastructure
- Standard guidelines for hygiene and sterility
- Low cost for travel, stay and other expenses
- Availability of medical visa
Top brain tumour surgery hospitals in Delhi
Most of the brain tumour surgery hospitals in Delhi offer:
- Affordable prices for the treatment, diagnostic tests and medications
- Highly skilled surgeons who hold a vast experience in the field
- World-class infrastructure and state-of-the-art technology.
- Some of the commonly done advanced procedure are deep brain stimulation, brain aneurysm coiling, brain and spinal arteriovenous malformation embolization, intracranial angioplasty and stenting, etc.
To know more about brain tumor surgery hospitals in India, click here.
Some of the best brain tumour surgery hospitals in Delhi are listed below:
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
- Medanta Hospital, Gurgaon
- Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
- Manipal hospital Dwarka, New Delhi
- BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
New Delhi provides also provides some of the most eminent neurosurgeons across the nation. Some of them are:
Dr Sandeep Vaishaya
- More than 22 years of experience
- One of the leading surgeons for brachial plexus Injuries and Gamma Knife Surgery.
- Specializations include Intracranial Brain Tumor Surgery, deep brain stimulation surgery, and image-guided neurosurgery.
Dr Aditya Gupta
- More than 21 years of experience.
- Known for excellent surgical techniques
- Specializes in deep brain stimulation, epilepsy, nerve and brachial plexus, radiosurgery, and cerebrovascular surgery.
Dr V.P Singh
- Approximately 30 years of experience
- Credited for Gamma Knife Unit and epilepsy surgery program
- Operated over 400 intracranial aneurysm cases.
Dr Atul Prasad
- Director and HOD at Neurology Department at BLK Hospital, New Delhi.
- Specializes in Parkinson’s disease and Botulinum toxin Injection, and strokes.
- Member of prestigious organisations such as Indian Academy of Neurology, Neurologist Society of India, India Epilepsy Association and Malaysian Society of Neuro Sciences.
Airport connectivity in New Delhi
Delhi airport namely, Indira Gandhi International Airport is one of the largest international airports both for domestic and international civilian air traffic. It is the busiest airport in India and South Asia, situated 16 km away from the city centre. The railway station is located nearly 4.8 km from the airport. The IGI airport is also connected to 8 lanes Delhi-Gurgaon express highway. The airport handles nearly 37 million passengers annually. The airport was awarded for the “World’s Best Airport” at Airport Service Quality Awards 2017 in the highest category of airports handling more than 40 million passengers annually.
Special provisions for International Patients
The best neurosurgery hospitals in New Delhi have a special desk for international patients. The staff ensures a smooth experience of international patients in New Delhi. One can easily approach the international desk for any of the following cases:
- Extension of the medical visa
- Special dietary preferences
- Followup services after going back home.
- Hospital stay as per the preferences
- Assistance in applying for medical visa
- Language interpretation system for the patients such as French, Arabic etc.
There is Foreign Regional Registration Office is also located in Delhi for those who may need medical visa extension and or any other issue related to medical visa.