Hipec Cost In MalaysiaChat
Hipec in Malaysia
Popular Cities in Malaysia for Hipec are:
Are you planning Hipec in Malaysia?
You are at the right place
Case manager will help you with budget friendly treatment plan, online consult with doctor, visa, airport transfers, hotel bookings, interpreters…and more.
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Hipec in MalaysiaFilter
Showing 22 Hospitals and doctors for Hipec in Malaysia
Gleneagles Hospital, Kuala Lumpur
- Gleneagles Hospital, Kuala Lumpur is one of the leading hospitals in Malaysia accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI), the highest international quality accreditation in terms of patient safety and health care services.
- Established in 1996, the hospital is delivering healthcare and excellence for over 25 years.
- The Hospital is particularly known for its Cardiology, Oncology, and Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery.
- It provides comprehensive medical and surgical procedures such as Bariatric Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, ENT, Hepatobiliary Surgery, Neurosurgery, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Breast Surgery to mention a few.
- Gleneagles Hospital has one of the most advanced technologies like Gamma Knife and Da Vinci Si Surgery System.
- A well-equipped Imaging Department like Ultrasound Examination, Computed Tomography Scan (C.T. Scan), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Fluoroscopy, Angiography, Non-vascular Interventional Radiology, Mammography, Bone Mineral Densitometry, and General Radiography.
- The Hospital also received several awards namely, the 'International Hospital of the Year,' and 'Highly Commended for Excellence in Customer Service' award from the prestigious International Medical Travel Journal in 2018. It also received the 'Best Health Screening Provider in Asia Pacific' by the Global Health and Travel Awards 2019.
- Several services are provided for international patients such as Visa, flight booking, airport transfer, accommodation, air evacuation & repatriation, doctor referral and appointment, cost estimation, emergency care, and sightseeing.
Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur
- Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur is a premier healthcare hospital that has been serving people from all over the world for 47 years.
- It is a one-stop integrated healthcare provider that specialises particularly in Oncology, Cardiology, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Orthopaedics, and Paediatrics.
- Besides this, it has many medical and surgical departments like Gastroenterology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Radiology & Interventional Radiology, Urology, Fertility Services – IVF, and Cranio-Facial Surgery.
- It is supported by cutting-edge technologies like Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computerised Tomography (CT) scan, PET-CT, Mammography, Fluoroscopy, Ultrasound, Image intensifier, Bone densitometry, Orthopantomography and other interventional procedures.
- It has the prestigious JCI accreditation along with a certification by the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH). It is also a certified Baby-Friendly Hospital.
- The International Patient Centre (IPC) is available to assist international patients from admission to discharge along with airport transfers.
Gleneagles Hospital, Penang
- Gleneagles Hospital, Penang has been providing healthcare services for 48 years with the highest quality medical and surgical services, patient care, and support.
- It was given a JCI accreditation with a Gold Seal of Approval for international quality standards for patient care and organization management in 2016; a reflection of the Hospital's exemplary healthcare quality standards.
- It is a tertiary care hospital for both national and international patients providing a one-stop services.
- Its comprehensive medical and surgical specialities include Cariology, Interventional Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Electrophysiology, ENT, Endocrine Surgery, Foot & Ankle Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Gynaecological Oncology, Interventional Radiology, Paediatrics including Orthopaedics, Surgery, and Urology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery, Spinal Surgery and other specialities.
- The Hospital is also Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) accredited.
- International patients are assisted in services such as visa, flight, doctor's appointment and hospital discharge, emergency, airport transfers, special dietary needs, accommodation, language interpretation, and local sightseeing.
Doctors for Hipec in Malaysia
Surgical OncologistConsultant, 20 years of experience
- Mr. Shaun Khoo has 20 years of expertise as a Surgical Oncologist in Penang.
- His expertise includes neoadjuvant radio-chemotherapy, sentinel node biopsies, nodal basin dissection, laparoscopic resections, intra-operative regional chemo-perfusion, and palliative surgery for thyroid, breast, soft tissue sarcoma, colon, and rectal cancers, as well as multi-modality treatment and oncological resections.
- He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
- Mr. Shaun Khoo has several publications, journals, and articles to his name.
- He has completed an MD (2001) from Western University, London, Canada.
- He has General Surgery training (2006) at Michigan State University, the USA.
- He has a Fellowship (Surgical Oncology) at the University of Pittsburgh, USA.
- Mr. Shaun Khoo is well-versed in English, Bahasa Melayu, Bahasa Indonesia and Hokkien.
Surgical OncologistConsultant, 20 years of experience
- Dr. Arnil George Sirimanne is a knowledgeable and well-known Surgical Oncologist, practicing for the past 20 years.
- He completed his graduation from the University of Malaysia and MB Bch BAO from Dublin.
- His special interest is Radiation Oncology & Oncology.
- He also has memberships in the Malaysian Oncological Society, European Society of Medical Oncology, and Academy of Medicine.
- He speaks Malay, English, and Mandarin.
Surgical OncologistConsultant, 27 years of experience
- Dr. Zabedah Othman is a well-known Surgical Oncologist in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- He completed her MBBS (UM) and Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Oncology (Edinburgh), United Kingdom in 1993.
- She is specialized in the Management of Cancer Using Radiotherapy, Chemotherapy, Targeted Therapy, and Hormonal Therapy For Breast Cancers.
- Her area of interest is in Lung Cancers, Colorectal Cancers, Gynaecological Cancers, Head And Neck Cancers, Urological Cancers, Brain Cancers, Skin Cancers, and Lymphomas.
- She aims to provide the best medical treatment and that's why many patients recommend her.
- She has been the Author of various national and international publications.
Before Hipec - Most Frequently Asked Questions
HIPEC is an innovative procedure which is used for cancer treatments which have been spread to surface of abdominal cavity like colon cancer, gastric cancer, ovarian cancer, appendiceal cancer and peritoneal mesothelioma.
As HIPEC can be directly targeted at the tumors high concentration of chemotherapy is delivered in your abdomen, it can be effectively and safely done than standard chemotherapy which is intravenously done. The chemotherapy solution is able to penetrate the affected tissue for destroying the microscopic cancer cell in a better way. HIPEC when used along with surgical tumor has improved the outcome when compared with chemotherapy or surgery.
HIPEC delivers a higher dose of chemotherapy to directly kills your cancer cells in abdomen, traditional chemotherapy is given intravenously and is circulated in your bloodstream. Higher dose of chemotherapy is needed for killing cancer cells in a single treatment. HIPEC has also few side effects as compares to traditional chemotherapy because little chemotherapy gets absorbed in your blood stream.
It depends on your tumor type, your cancer stage and how quickly it is growing as well as the overall medical condition. You should consult with your doctor whether you are a candidate for this procedure or not. Doctor will carefully check your tumor and then tell what type of tumor you gave got and give you the treatment options. Tumor histology is checked to determine whether this procedure is appropriate for you or not.
You should not drink or eat anything before the procedure. You can do gargles or rinse your mouth but you can’t swallow. Don’t consume tobacco or cigarettes.
HIPEC is used for treating abdominal cancer such as appendix or colorectal cancer as well as cancer of abdomen lining which causes difficulty in breathing.
During the Hipec - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Usually the procedure lasts for six to nine hours but in some cases the time duration may also exceed. Once the cancer is removed from your abdomen HIPEC is started.
Your tumor will be removed surgically by giving you general anaesthesia, it may last between six to nine hours or may even take longer time.Chemotherapy is heated to 107 degree Fahrenheit and then it is circulated throughout your abdomen. Special precautions are taken to keep your body temperature safe during the procedure, it is known as hot chemotherapy which lasts for about 90 minutes.
Second round is usually not necessary, only if mesothelioma resurrence occurs within 18 hours after surgery then only second round is needed.
After Hipec - Most Frequently Asked Questions
After HIPEC patient is told to remain in hospital for about seven to ten days. In that time your digestive system will be recovered from the intense dose of chemotherapy. You will be provided your nutrition with IV tube. There is minimum exposure of chemotherapy which means its side effect such as hair loss, mouth sores can be avoided.
You may feel fatigued for about 2 to 3 hours after surgery. It is important for you to take rest during this period and to keep your body in minimum state of movement you should move around and remain active.
Pain, Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Constipation, Bloating, Weight loss, Difficulty sleeping are some of the side effects usually seen after HIPEC
The recovery after HIPEC usually takes three months and it takes around eight to ten hours to complete.
It is safe not only when it is compared to other procedures but it has less morbidity.
You will have dry mouth after surgery, after 3 to 4 days of the surgery you have to start with your liquid diet.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals