Hipec Cost In ThailandChat
Are you planning Hipec in Thailand?
You are at the right place
Case manager will help you with budget friendly treatment plan, online consult with doctor, visa, airport transfers, hotel bookings, interpreters…and more.
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Hipec in ThailandFilter
Showing 40 Hospitals and doctors for Hipec in Thailand
- Established in 1972, the Bangkok Hospital is one of the first private hospitals in Thailand; it has now established its reputation as a tertiary care hospital dedicated especially to Cancer and Cardiology.
- It has Centres & Clinics committed to comprehensive treatment in different medical and surgical departments such as Cardiology, Cancer, Orthopaedics & Spine Surgery, Neurology & Neuroscience, Fertility, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Dentistry, Geriatric, Gastroenterology, Liver, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, and ENT.
- It offers several Health Packages on Fertility, Plastic Surgery, Lasik Eye Surgery, Hip & Knee Surgery, Obesity, Vascular Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery and many more.
- It is equipped with the latest cutting-edge technologies some of which are - the 256-Slice Multi-Detector CT Scan, Cardiovascular MRI, the first Cartosound in Thailand, LINAC, the ARTIS Pheno machine, PET/CT Scan, and a New X-RAY Biplane Imaging (EOS).
- Having the ultimate "Hybrid Operating Room Full Function", enables the hospital to improve accuracy making it a leader in heart surgery.
- The Hospital has been awarded various accreditations by the Joint Commission International (JCI) in Programmes such as Traumatic Brain Injury, Total Knee Replacement, Acute Coronary Syndrome, Primary Stroke, Low Back Pain, Diabetes Type 2, Breast Cancer Conserving, and Heart Failure.
- It has also received the Hospital Accreditation of Thailand, Asian Hospital Management Award, Global Health Asia-Pacific Awards, and a Dual Medical Transport Accreditation i.e CAMTS USA and CAMTS GLOBAL.
- It provides International Medical Services for foreign patients by assisting them in language translations, special diets, accommodation, liaising with embassies or organisations, and free medical consultations via internet.
Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok
- Established on 17 September 1980, the Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok is a global pioneer in giving the best international standard healthcare services and one of the largest private multi-speciality hospitals in South East Asia with patients coming from over 190 countries annually.
- It is a one-stop healthcare destination for all types of patients with the ability to handle complex care needs.
- It practices a one-price policy for all patients regardless of whether they are local or international patients ensuring the principle value of "care for the people."
- It is a tertiary care hospital having over 45 Centres and Clinics namely, Arrhythmia Centre, Breast Centre, Bumrungrad Robotic Surgery Centre, Children's (Paediatric) Centre, Diagnostic Radiology & Nuclear Medicine, Digestive Disease (GI) Centre, Fertility Centre & IVF Clinic, Heart (Cardiology) Centre, Orthopaedic Centre, Plastic (Cosmetic) Surgery Centre, Spine Institute and many more.
- It is the only hospital in Thailand using next-generation sequencing (NGS) technology.
- It offers many Health Packages under various departments like Mammogram and Breast Ultrasound packages, Arthroscopic Knee Surgery Packages, and Heart Disease Screening packages to mention a few.
- Being a leader in innovative patient services and medical technologies, it utilises state-of-the-art technologies like CardioInsight, a non-invasive diagnostics technology for diagnosing heart arrhythmias - the only active centre in the Asia Pacific.
- It was also the first IBM Watson - a machine-learning AI for Oncology sites in the world, enabling doctors and specialists to analyse patients' data against traditional means by a quicker and most accurate treatment possible.
- The Bumrungrad Robotic Surgery Centre uses the MAKOplasty©, Mazor X and the da Vinci System having better consistency, accuracy, and faster recovery with less invasiveness in joint, spine, and cancer surgeries.
- It is the first private hospital in Thailand to be accredited by the Healthcare Accreditation Institute, the first private hospital in Thailand to be awarded the Thailand Quality Class Award for organizational excellence, the first hospital to receive the award for Excellence in Health Tourism, receives Advanced Hospital Accreditation by the Healthcare Accreditation Institute of Thailand, and the first hospital in Asia to accredited The College of American Pathologists.
- The Hospital is JCI accredited since 2002, the first hospital in Asia to be DNV GL MIR Certified for Infection Risk in 2017, and the first non-USA hospital to receive the Global Healthcare Accreditation with Excellence designation from GHA - a reflection of the highest international quality and safety standards for overseas patients going to the hospital for treatment and care.
- It was listed as the best hospitals in Thailand for 2 consecutive years and one of the top 150 hospitals in the world in 2022.
- It has over 200 interpreters for patients whose language of communication is not English.
Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital, Bangkok
- Established in 1979, Samitivej Hospital is one of the leading private hospital groups in Thailand and SEA and is accredited by JCI.
- It is the first Hospital outside Japan to be accredited with the Japan Council for Quality Health Care (JCQHC) award.
- Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital is part of the seven private hospitals owned by the Bangkok Dusit Medical Services (BDMS), a leading and trusted private healthcare service provider in Thailand and ASEAN countries.
- It is a 275-bed tertiary care hospital with more than 40 Speciality Centres, namely, the Liver & Digestive Institute, Women's Health Centre including Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Bone, Joint, and Spine Centre, Surgery Clinic, Heart Institute, Bone Marrow & Stem Cell Transplantation Centre, Breast Centre, Fertility Centre, Hair Restoration Medical centre, Knee Health Centre, Neurology Centre, Oncology Centre to mention a few.
- Moreover, there is a Children's Hospital that is dedicated to comprehensive Paediatric care covering Newborns, GI, Oncology, Orthopaedics, Oncology, and others. It is the first private children's hospital in Thailand.
- In 1998, it was certified by UNICEF, WHO, the Department of Health, and the Ministry of Public Health, as a mother and baby-friendly hospital.
- It is one of the favourite medical destinations for both the nationals and expats, along with tourists from around the world providing international quality services and facilities. It was awarded the Top 5 World's Best Hospital for Medical Tourism for 2018 by the Medical Travel Quality Alliance.
- It has been a recipient of many awards, namely, Hospital of the Year by the Thailand Healthcare Asia Awards 2020, The Model Private Hospital Award 2020 for being the top private hospital for academic activity in Thailand, and Best Corporate Hospital Award 2019.
- It was also awarded Thailand's Prime Minister Award for the Most Recognized Service in 2004.
- The hospital is equipped with cutting-edge technologies to diagnose and treat patients with accuracy through a Magnetic Resonance Imaging machine (MRI), 640-slice CT scanner with less radiation, Mammogram, Bone Mineral Density (BMD) analysis, Lower abdominal Ultrasound for Men (Testicle Ultrasound), Cranial Ultrasound for infant, Intravenous Pyelography (IVP) and many more.
- It has a team that assists international patients from finding the right doctor to aftercare at home.
Doctors for Hipec in Thailand
Surgical OncologistConsultant, 50 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Tanaphon Maipang is a renowned Surgical Oncologist having 50 years of experience.
- He is dexterous in performing Colon and Rectal Surgery, and Surgical Oncology.
- Prof. Dr. Tanaphon Maipang is a member of the Royal College Surgeons, the International Society for Diseases of the Esophagus, the Medical Association Thailand, the International College Surgeons, the International Society Surgery Switzerland and the Endoscopic Laparoscopic Surgeons Asia.
- He has completed DM (1976) and Surgery (1980) from Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand.
- Prof. Dr. Tanaphon Maipang is well-versed in Thai and English.
Surgical OncologistSenior Consultant, 45 years of experience
- Dr. Chanchai Nimitrvanich is a certified and experienced Surgical Oncologist with over 45 years of experience.
- He specializes in Surgical Oncology and Trauma Surgery.
- He is a member of the Thai Medical Council and the Asian Surgical Association.
- Dr. Chanchai Nimitrvanich completed MD (1975) from Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand.
- He is trained in Surgery (1979) from Phramongkutklao College of Med, Thailand.
- He is also trained in Surgery (1986) from the International College of Surgeons, USA.
- Dr. Chanchai Nimitrvanich is well-versed in English and Thai.
Surgical OncologistConsultant, 43 years of experience
- Dr. Supakorn Rojananin is a renowned and skilled Surgical Oncologist with +43 years of expertise.
- He specializes in Breast Surgery, Head & Neck Surgical Oncology.
- He is a member of the Thai Medical Council.
- Dr. Supakorn Rojananin has studied MD (1977) and Surgery (1984) from Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand.
- He has a Clinical Observership in Head and Neck Surgical Oncology (1988) from the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, US.
- He obtained Surgical Oncology (2005) from the Thai Medical Council, Thailand.
- Dr. Supakorn Rojananin is well-versed in Thai and English.
Before Hipec - Most Frequently Asked Questions
HIPEC is an innovative procedure which is used for cancer treatments which have been spread to surface of abdominal cavity like colon cancer, gastric cancer, ovarian cancer, appendiceal cancer and peritoneal mesothelioma.
As HIPEC can be directly targeted at the tumors high concentration of chemotherapy is delivered in your abdomen, it can be effectively and safely done than standard chemotherapy which is intravenously done. The chemotherapy solution is able to penetrate the affected tissue for destroying the microscopic cancer cell in a better way. HIPEC when used along with surgical tumor has improved the outcome when compared with chemotherapy or surgery.
HIPEC delivers a higher dose of chemotherapy to directly kills your cancer cells in abdomen, traditional chemotherapy is given intravenously and is circulated in your bloodstream. Higher dose of chemotherapy is needed for killing cancer cells in a single treatment. HIPEC has also few side effects as compares to traditional chemotherapy because little chemotherapy gets absorbed in your blood stream.
It depends on your tumor type, your cancer stage and how quickly it is growing as well as the overall medical condition. You should consult with your doctor whether you are a candidate for this procedure or not. Doctor will carefully check your tumor and then tell what type of tumor you gave got and give you the treatment options. Tumor histology is checked to determine whether this procedure is appropriate for you or not.
You should not drink or eat anything before the procedure. You can do gargles or rinse your mouth but you can’t swallow. Don’t consume tobacco or cigarettes.
HIPEC is used for treating abdominal cancer such as appendix or colorectal cancer as well as cancer of abdomen lining which causes difficulty in breathing.
During the Hipec - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Usually the procedure lasts for six to nine hours but in some cases the time duration may also exceed. Once the cancer is removed from your abdomen HIPEC is started.
Your tumor will be removed surgically by giving you general anaesthesia, it may last between six to nine hours or may even take longer time.Chemotherapy is heated to 107 degree Fahrenheit and then it is circulated throughout your abdomen. Special precautions are taken to keep your body temperature safe during the procedure, it is known as hot chemotherapy which lasts for about 90 minutes.
Second round is usually not necessary, only if mesothelioma resurrence occurs within 18 hours after surgery then only second round is needed.
After Hipec - Most Frequently Asked Questions
After HIPEC patient is told to remain in hospital for about seven to ten days. In that time your digestive system will be recovered from the intense dose of chemotherapy. You will be provided your nutrition with IV tube. There is minimum exposure of chemotherapy which means its side effect such as hair loss, mouth sores can be avoided.
You may feel fatigued for about 2 to 3 hours after surgery. It is important for you to take rest during this period and to keep your body in minimum state of movement you should move around and remain active.
Pain, Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Constipation, Bloating, Weight loss, Difficulty sleeping are some of the side effects usually seen after HIPEC
The recovery after HIPEC usually takes three months and it takes around eight to ten hours to complete.
It is safe not only when it is compared to other procedures but it has less morbidity.
You will have dry mouth after surgery, after 3 to 4 days of the surgery you have to start with your liquid diet.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals