- Sharbat Gula in her 40s is suffering from Hepatitis C.
- She is coming to India for her treatment at Narayana Health in Bengaluru.
- But what is so different about her, that catches everyone's eye?
- Well, she is the famous 'Afghan Girl' who was shot by renowned photographer Steve McCurry in 1985 for a National Geographic Issue.
- And yes, her striking green eyes did express the pangs of the country when it was occupied by the Soviet and US supported mujahideen.
- In her 20s (when the portrait was shot by McCurry) she became the symbol of Afghanistan's suffering.
- Now, after three decades she is remembered again as she comes to India for her free treatment.
Source: The Huffington Post