- Mahmud is a 50-year-old patient from Somalia who had been suffering from a bullet injury for nine months and was in dire need of a surgery.
- Doctors at Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad successfully took out the bullet that was deeply entrenched in his liver through a critical laparoscopic surgery without damaging the organ.
- Since the injury Mahmud had suffered from severe abdominal pain that hindered him from performing his daily activities and leading a normal life.
- Prior to the treatment he went to several other hospitals who suggested an open surgery that involved severing a part of his liver.
- At Apollo Hospital, with the help of minimally invasive surgery the bullet was retrieved without any blood loss or scars and the patient was discharged within 24 hours.
Source: The New Indian Express