The tummy tuck, also known as abdominoplasty is a surgical procedure to remove excess fat from the abdomen and tighten the area to make it look flatter. This is commonly done in the post-pregnancy phase to recontour their body, remove the stretch marks and improve neuro-muscular coordination.
It is important to note that tummy tuck is not a way to lose weight or a substitute for exercise. It is a different procedure from liposuction.
Why you must prefer Turkey for a tummy tuck procedure?
Turkey is a world-famous country for cosmetic surgeries as it has highly skilled surgeons who work with the latest pieces of equipment and devices. The most common advantages of getting a tummy tuck in Turkey:
- Highly qualified doctors and paramedical staff who promise, promising a slim body.
- Low-cost treatment as compared to western and Arabic countries.
- Most of the hospitals and cosmetic medical centres are approved by the International committee called ICRC.
- Complete care after the procedure
Other than this, Turkey is a beautiful place with thousands of hotels and other tourist-oriented industries. The country is full of scenic beauty and picturesque views. Visiting the place for medical treatment is also a treat to the soul. One gets refreshed and revitalized.
Who is an eligible candidate for a Tummy tuck procedure?
- Both men and women are eligible for abdominoplasty. Especially, women who have gone through multiple pregnancies are often recommended to undergo the procedure for tightening of abdominal muscles.
- Moreover, any man or woman who lost a significant amount of weight, but still have fat deposits or loose skin around the abdomen.
- However, if you are a woman and have future plans for pregnancy, then it's good to postpone abdominoplasty after delivery. This is because the vertical muscles which are tightened during the tummy tuck may get separated during pregnancies.
- Also, if you have plans to indulge in the weight loss process, the tummy tuck is certainly not the right option for you. The procedure should be done after weight loss.
What are the types of tummy tuck?
The tummy tuck procedure can broadly be classified into two categories:
Partial Abdominoplasty - This is also known as Mini abdominoplasty, supposed to be done for those people having fat deposits below the navel. This type of procedure takes about 2 hours. The belly button is not moved from its place.
Complete abdominoplasty - In complete abdominoplasty, the surgeon makes an incision near the hip bone according to the contour of the skin, tissues and muscles. This surgery also involves the belly button to be moved. A draining tube is kept under the skin for a few days.
Extended abdominoplasty - This is primarily done in cases where there is a need to remove excess fatty tissue in the lower back area, also known as “love handles”. This technique is more invasive as the incision is longer, across the entire width of the abdominal area.
Before initiating the process, the person undergoing tummy tuck is asked to:
- To quit smoking at least 2-3 weeks before and after the surgery.
- To eat well-balanced meals
- Cease taking a specific type of medications for a few days before and after the surgery.
What happens during an abdominoplasty?
- This is mostly done as an outpatient procedure, which is done under general anaesthesia. Sometimes, the surgeons may also prefer to given pain-relieving medications.
- The plastic surgeon or cosmetic surgeon makes an incision near the hip bone and removes the fatty substances between the belly button and pubic hair in an elliptical form. The connective tissue is tightened with sutures. This is followed by a repositioning of the skin surrounding the navel.
- Sometimes, the doctor prefers to give an antibiotic prior to the surgery to prevent any infection. Overall, the duration of the surgery is around 2-3 hours. The surgical site is covered with dressing along with placing drainage tube to drain excess fluid or blood, which is kept for several days.
- The person may feel mild to moderate pain after the effect of anaesthesia is gone. There may also be a little swelling at the site.
- For the first few weeks after the surgery, not much movement is allowed. Movements like sudden bend at the waist should be avoided strictly as it may strain the incision line. Make sure you keep the followup visits with your doctor.
Tummy tuck before and after
Here is a picture depicting the results of a tummy tuck procedure:
Success Rate of Tummy Tuck
Abdominoplasty is mostly a successful procedure. However, sustainability depends on how much care is taken. Some complications may also occur as a result of the surgery. These complications include:
- Skin loss
- Necrosis of fat cells
- Accumulation of fluid
- Lung-related complications
- Discolouration of skin
Risks and complications associated with Tummy tuck procedure:
- Pain and discomfort, which can be managed by taking pain-relieving medications as prescribed by the doctor.
- Bleeding at the surgical site, which may last for up to 24 hours.
- Numbness in the area.
- Increased chances of infection
- Clotting of blood
- Allergic reaction to anaesthesia
- Delayed recovery
- Discolouration of the skin
Tummy tuck cost
The cost of cosmetic procedures like abdominoplasty is highly competitive as compared to other places, especially in Europe. The doctors make sure there is no compromise in quality even at low-cost treatment. On average, the cost of tummy tuck in Turkey is around 8000 USD. However, it may vary greatly depending upon the type of surgery (partial or complete), the complexity of the case, charges taken by the doctor. The prices in Turkey also vary with the country to which the patient belongs.
Type of abdominoplasty
Topmost hospitals for the tummy tuck in Turkey
Estetik International Clinic - This is one of the largest centres for plastic and cosmetic surgery in Turkey. It specializes in surgeries related to face, body, breast surgery and hair transplant. It is known for using a unique technology known as Spider web for facelift. It caters more than 1000 patients each year.
LIV Group of hospitals - This group of the hospital is a multi-speciality hospital having 2 branches in Ankara and Istanbul. It is known as a smart hospital with all the equipment working with the new generation technology. It offers the da Vinci robot-assisted system, MAKOplasty for knee replacement, YAG Laser for vascular surgery, virtual angiography etc. The hospital is known for having the biggest success rate among all the hospitals in Turkey.
Istanbul Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Center - It is a famous Turkish clinic which deals with plastic surgeries, dental procedures, hair transplant, butt lift etc. It also offers latest techniques such as Vaser liposuction, FUE and DHI hair transplant and PRP therapy for hair loss. More than 4000 patients visit the hospital each year for cosmetic surgeries.
Topmost doctors for Tummy Tuck in Turkey
Necmettin Kutlu - Dr. Kutlu has an overall experience of more than 30 years in the field of esthetic surgery. He has worked with reputed hospitals and clinics such as T.C Haseki Education and Research Hospital and is currently working with Medicana Hospital. He specializes in plastic, aesthetic, reconstructive surgery and maxillofacial surgeries.
Selçuk Aytaç - He has been practising esthetic surgery for more than 20 years in Turkey. He is a part of reputed organizations such as The Istanbul Estetik Forum and The Turkish Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. He has also worked with reputed hospitals such as Medical Park and Bartin State Hospital.
Gürsel Turgut - Dr. Turgut is one of the most eminent plastic surgeons. He is known for developing the latest techniques for procedures like rhinoplasty. He holds a vast experience of as many as 27 years.
Stay in Turkey
Since abdominoplasty is an outpatient procedure, one does not need to stay in the hospital. In case of any complication, the doctor might ask you to stay overnight. However, after the surgery, you might need to stay in Turkey for at least a week for a smooth recovery and follow-up appointments. This is to ensure that one does not experience any complications after getting back home.
How can Vaidam Health help you in getting medical treatment in Turkey?
Vaidam Health is an ISO certified company, which would provide you online assistance in finding the best hospitals in Turkey and getting the treatment at the best prices. Not just this, the team also helps in arranging your place of accommodation and other things for your stay in Turkey. If you are seeking any kind of medical treatment in Turkey, you only need to post a query on our website. Our case managers will call you back and arrange your appointment with the best doctors in Turkey.