About Dr Sumit Singh
- Dr Sumit Singh is counted among one of the most famed & experienced Neurologist in India.
- With a thriving experience of 19+ years, he has been instrumental in starting the first headache clinic and neuromuscular disorders clinic in north India at AIIMS.
- He has completed his MBBS from the M.L.B.Medical College Jhansi &MD (Medicine) L.L.R.M. Medical College, Meerut. Following which he did his DM (Neurology) from the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
- Dr Singh initiated the use of botulinium toxin for the first time in the country, and also extended its usage in trigeminal Neuralgia.
- He is one of the few neurologists in India for Spasticity, Limb dystonia’s, hemi facial spasm, oral dyskinesia’s, spasmodic dysphonia and writer’s cramp.
- Dr Singh has innovated the plasma exchange protocols for acute neuropathies, Myasthenia crisis, Polymyositis,
- He is the first neurologist in the country to introduce special protocols for Multiple Sclerosis.
- He is an active member of various Neurological Society of India Indian .Academy of Neurology, Delhi Neurological association, International Headache Society, Movement disorders Society
- Dr Singh’s expertize lies in Headache , Movement disorders Nerve and muscle disorders ,Multiple sclerosis
Neurology , Headache, Movement disorders – Parkinson’s disease, dystonia, writer’s cramp, Myasthenia Gravis, Nerve and muscle disorders Multiple sclerosis
List Of Treatments
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Cerebral Angioplasty
- Cerebral or Brain Aneurysm Treatment
- Endovascular Coiling
- Surgical Clipping
- Temporal Lobectomy
- Corpus Callosotomy
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation
- Multiple Subpial Transections MST
- Microvascular Decompression MVD
- Percutaneous Balloon Compression (PBC)
- Stereotactic Radio Surgery
- Percutaneous Steriotactic Treatment - PSR
- Radiofrequency Rhizotomy - Neurotomy
- Brain Tumor Surgery
- Pineal Region Tumors Treatment
- Gliomas Treatment
- Metastatic Tumors Treatment
- VP Shunting
- Skull Base Surgery
- Sleep Disorders
- Restless Leg Syndrome Treatment
- Narcolepsy Treatment
- Multiple Sclerosis Treatment
- Chronic Cerebro Spinal Venous Insufficiency Treatment
- Liberation Treatment
- Sensory Ataxia Treatment
- Pituitary Tumor Treatment
- Cerebral Palsy - Stem Cell Treatment
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Intacs Corneal Implants
- Strabismus Surgery - Eye Muscle Surgery
- Cataract Implant Surgery
- Extracapsular Cataract Extraction
- Small Incision Cataract Surgery
- Intraocular Implants (IOLs)
- Pterygium Removal Surgery
- Cosmetic Eye Surgery
- Squint Surgery
- Photorefractive Keratectomy
- Retinal Detachment Surgery
- Craniotomy Surgery
- Deep Brain Stimulation
- Gamma Knife for AVM or Brain Tumor
- Neural Stem Cell Therapy
- Autism - Stem Cell Treatment
- Muscular Dystrophy - Stem Cell Treatment
- Parkinson's Disease
- Neuropathy - Stem Cell Treatment
Wondering where to start?
(Get Free opinion, Quote, Medical Visa Invitation and Assistance at every step of your treatment.)
Work Experience of Dr Sumit Singh
Director, Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
Senior Consultant, Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
Senior Resident, AIIMS ,Delhi
Consultant, AIIMS ,Delhi
Associate Professor, All India Institute of Medical Sciences,Delhi
Senior Consultant, All India Institute of Medical Sciences,Delhi
Additional Director, Medanta - The Medicity, Gurgaon
Senior Consultant, Medanta - The Medicity, Gurgaon
Dr Sumit Singh 's
- MBBS, 1990, MLB Medical College, Jhansi
- MD, 1996, LLRM Medical College, Meerut
- DM, 1998, All India Institute of Medical Sciences
BL Soni Gold Medal For Best Resident Neurology
Dr Sumit has more than 90 publications in some well known National and international journals and has written several chapters in books.
- Suhail H, Vivekanandhan S, Singh S, Behari M Neurol India.;58(4):668-9. 2010 Jul-Aug
- Parkinsonism Relat Disord (7):486-7 2010 Aug;16
- International Journal of Neurosciences 0(2):115-9 2010 Feb;12
- In Neurology in clinical practice Bradley WG, Darrof RB, Fenichel GM, Marsden CD, eds. Fourth edition. Butterworth Heinmann,s pub. 2004 USA.2051-87
- Daily versus alternate day plasma exchange for patients with severe myasthenia, Accepted for publication in J. Neurology
- Low Dose Topiramate versus Lamotrigine for the prophylaxix for migraine. Accepted for publication
- Verbal and visual memory in patients with early Parkinson's disease: effect of levodopa. Neurol India. 2006 Mar;54(1):33-7.
- Wilson’s disease – Singh S, Behari M. JAPI Vol 51.Feb 2003
- Cervical dystonia responsive to levodopa Singh S, Goyal V, Prasad K, Behari M. – letter to editorial – Neurology India June 2004Vol52Issue 2.276-278
- Fungal granuloma of the brain caused by Cladosporium bantianum – a case report and the review of literature – Singh S, Singh P, Goyal V, Srivastava T, Shukla G
- Wilson’s Disease Singh S, Behari M. Selected topics in Movement disorders – An update. Ed. Kalyan B Bhattacharya. 2000; 137-150.
- Spasmodic dysphonia – a review – Singh S, Behari M. ORL Delhi 1(3) 35
- Role of CSF serology in follow-up of subacute sclerosing panencephalitis patients on treatment. Indian J Med Microbiol. 2006 Apr;24(2):131-2.
- Physician Assisted Suicide- the perspective of a neurologist .Singh S, Behari M, Prasad K, SardanaV JAPI., Aug 2001(49):823-838.
- Video Assisted thymectomy in patients with Jeuvenile Myasthenia gravis.
- Isolated "one and a half syndrome" with brainstem tuberculoma. Menon V, Gogoi M, Saxena R, Singh S, Kumar A. Indian J Pediatr. 2004 May;71(5):469-71.
- Primary AL (Kappa light chain) amyloidosis manifesting as peripheral neuropathy in a young male without increase in serum and urine immunoglobulin load : a diagnostic challenge. Sarkar C, Sharma MC, Nayak A, Gupta V, Singh S, Behari M. Clin Neuropathology 2005, May June 24(3) 118-25.
- Desmin related myopathy : report of a rare case Sridhar E, Sharma MC, Singh S, Sarkar C. Neurol India 2005 Apr – Jun 53 (2) 229-31.
- Unusual MRI findings in Young onset Parkinson’s disease K.S.Anand, A Prasad A biswas Singh S Case report Neurology India 1997 (44)