Ventricular Septal Defects Treatment Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Ventricular Septal Defects?
Ventricular Septal Defect is a heart defect in which there is a hole in the wall between the lower two chambers of the heart (ventricles).
How is the Procedure Performed?
VSD holes usually close on their own, although may need surgery or a catheter-based procedure to close the hole.
Blood pressure medicines or diuretics are used to treat symptoms such as -
- Shortness of breath
- Fast breathing
- Hard breathing
- Failure to gain weight
- Fast heart rate
Who is the Right Doctor for Ventricular Septal Defects Treatment?
The right doctor to consult for Ventricular septal defects is a Pediatric Cardiac Surgeon.
What tests are required?
For the detection of Ventricular septal defects, a few tests can be done, such as -
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Chest X-ray
- Pulse oximetry
- Cardiac catheterization
- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan
The cost of Ventricular Septal Defect includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost [blood tests, a chest X-ray, and an echocardiogram (ECG)]
Surgery cost (varies depending upon the type of cardiac implant used)
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Types of implants (such as Amplatzer, Gore, STARFlex, etc.)
Medicine cost (blood thinners, antibiotics, etc.)
Patient's hospital stay
Note: Depending on the hole's size and the chances of a better prognosis, two types of procedures are available to treat VSD, i.e. Surgical - (Open-Heart Surgery) and Non-Surgical - (Catheter-Based Repair).
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or Single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as bleeding, blood clot, infection, etc.)
Cost of lobod products (if required)
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Ventricular Septal Defects Treatment in United Arab EmiratesFilter
Showing 22 Hospitals and doctors for Ventricular Septal Defects Treatment in United Arab Emirates
Canadian Specialist Hospital, Dubai
- The Canadian Specialist Hospital (CSH) is a world-class medical facility catering to the highly specialised needs of the Middle East.
- Being one of the largest private hospitals in Dubai, it is the institution of choice for referrals from medical centres that lack specialised facilities.
- It renders comprehensive genetic and prenatal services through its avant-garde medical and surgical expertise.
- It is also an acute-cum-critical care referral hospital.
- It offers an international standard quality of medical care, rehabilitative services, and compassionate patient care at a reasonable cost.
- It has more than 50 specialities under Medical Services, Surgical Services, Dental Services, Critical Care Services, and Diagnostic & other Services.
- Telemedicine is available to connect with a doctor.
- It is JCI re-accredited and a member of Dubai Health Experience.
- CSH won the Best Hospital for Medical Tourism Award at the DHA Health Awards 2018.
Lifecare Hospital, Musaffah
- Lifecare Hospital at Musaffah in Abu Dhabi is an accredited hospital that provides cost-effective healthcare services without compromising quality medical and surgical care.
- It is a multispecialty hospital with 21 Departments offering Cardiology, Pulmonology, Dermatology, Neurology and Neurosciences, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Gastroenterology etc.
- It is a customer centric hospital that gives personalised care with dedicated physicians and medical staff to meet the growing needs of the people in UAE.
- It constantly innovates and keeps abreast of the latest developments in the healthcare sector and adopt best practices with world class technologies and infrastructure to cater the best to the patients.
- Its quality services is evident through the JCI Accreditation received in 2015 and ISO 9001:2015 Certiifcation in 2016.
- It has a partnership with insurances like Oman, Daman, Amity, Nextcare etc.
NMC Speciality Hospital, Al Ain
- NMC Specialty Hospital, Al Ain is part of the NMC Healthcare that is the largest healthcare provider in UAE. NMC Healthcare is also a leading fertility service provider in the world.
- It is a multispecialty hospital with over 27 specialities including Allergy and Immunology, Cardiac Sciences, Dermatology, Gastroenterology, Neonatology, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Pulmonology, Nephrology, Cosmetic Surgery, General Surgery etc.
- It has an International Patient Centre that is supported by internationally trained and Board-certified physicians. nurses and paramedics to provide personalized care and treatment for patients.
- It had received several awards such as Service Olympian Award for Best Social Media Experience in 2018, Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award 2016-2017, Super Brands 2016-2017 to mention a few.
- It is the referral centre of choice for medical centres and clinics in Al Ain and its nearby areas.
- The Hospital has partnership with the Universities Freiburg Klinikum, Germany, London Clinic (London) and Universitats Spital (Zurich, Switzerland) for medical treatment that is not available locally.
- It also has a tie-up with Biomnis, France to investigate rare findings and do tests not available locally.
- It has insurance affiliations with agencies like Amity Health, Nextcare, Allianz Care, Bupa International UK etc.
Doctors for Ventricular Septal Defects Treatment in United Arab Emirates
Cardiac SurgeonVisiting Consultant, 38 years of experience
- Dr. Pradeep Nambiar is among the most experienced and skilled Cardiac Surgeons with a vast practice of +38 years.
- He holds professional memberships of the Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons of India, the Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland and the Maharashtra Medical Council among a few others.
- Dr. Pradeep Nambiar did his MBBS in 1988 from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, followed by MS in 1991 from Army Hospital, New Delhi. In 1998, he earned a fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh and then the Royal College of Surgeons, Canada.
- He has the reputation of performing +7,000 successful cardiothoracic surgeries including +1,000 cardiac redo surgeries.
- Dr. Nambiar is the innovator of the Nambiar Technique of Coronary Bypass.
- He is an expert in MIS heart bypass, paediatric cardiac surgery, congenital heart surgery, heart valve surgery, MIDCAB surgery and coronary angioplasty.
Pediatric CardiologistConsultant, 24 years of experience
- Dr. Ahmad Mohammed Al Kamali is a well-known Paediatric Cardiologist practicing in Dubai, UAE.
- He has an experience of 24 years of working in this field.
- He has expertise in treating congenital heart defects, stenting, and closure surgeries.
- He has performed more than 1000 surgeries on pediatric heart anomalies.
- He is associated with the American Academy of Paediatrics and is a Diplomate of the American Board of Paediatrics.
Interventional CardiologistSenior Consultant, 22 years of experience
- With over 20 years of experience, Dr Mubarack Valiyakath is a seasoned doctor in the field of Cardiology and Internal Medicine.
- Dr Valiyakath has a wide range of experience both as a Medical Doctor and a Lecturer having worked in India, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE. He had worked as a Clinical Lecturer under the Department of Clinical Science (Cardiology) at the Gulf Medical University, Ajman, UAE and as a Lecturer in the Government Medical College, Calicut, India.
- He completed his DNB Cardiology from Kozhikode Medical College, Calicut, India in 2006 and Doctor of Medicine from Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, India in 1998. He also completed his Fellowship at the Madras Medical Mission in 1999.
- He is multilingual, speaking English, Malayalam, and Hindi.
- He has presented several papers in India and Singapore.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Pediatric Cardiac Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals