Ventricular Septal Defects Treatment Cost In TurkeyChat
What is Ventricular Septal Defects?
Ventricular Septal Defect is a heart defect in which there is a hole in the wall between the lower two chambers of the heart (ventricles).
How is the Procedure Performed?
VSD holes usually close on their own, although may need surgery or a catheter-based procedure to close the hole.
Blood pressure medicines or diuretics are used to treat symptoms such as -
- Shortness of breath
- Fast breathing
- Hard breathing
- Failure to gain weight
- Fast heart rate
Who is the Right Doctor for Ventricular Septal Defects Treatment?
The right doctor to consult for Ventricular septal defects is a Pediatric Cardiac Surgeon.
What tests are required?
For the detection of Ventricular septal defects, a few tests can be done, such as -
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Chest X-ray
- Pulse oximetry
- Cardiac catheterization
- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan
The cost of Ventricular Septal Defect includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost [blood tests, a chest X-ray, and an echocardiogram (ECG)]
Surgery cost (varies depending upon the type of cardiac implant used)
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Types of implants (such as Amplatzer, Gore, STARFlex, etc.)
Medicine cost (blood thinners, antibiotics, etc.)
Patient's hospital stay
Note: Depending on the hole's size and the chances of a better prognosis, two types of procedures are available to treat VSD, i.e. Surgical - (Open-Heart Surgery) and Non-Surgical - (Catheter-Based Repair).
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or Single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as bleeding, blood clot, infection, etc.)
Cost of lobod products (if required)
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Ventricular Septal Defects Treatment in Turkey
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD) Treatment||USD 5400 to USD 6600|
|Device Closure- ASD VSD||USD 13500 to USD 16500|
|Tetralogy of Fallot Repair||USD 3600 to USD 4400|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Ventricular Septal Defects Treatment in TurkeyFilter
Showing 17 Hospitals and doctors for Ventricular Septal Defects Treatment in Turkey
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental, Istanbul
Based in Ümraniye, Istanbul, Hisar Hospital Intercontinental is amongst the largest private hospitals in Turkey. Founded in 2006, this hospital is spanned in an area of 35,000 square meters. It is accredited by the US Joint Commission International (JCI) which assures international standards for quality diagnosis and treatment.
The various facilities offered by the hospital include airport pickup, translation services, medical travel insurance, car hire, airport pickup, interpreter services, Rehabilitation, free WiFi, TV in the room, nursery or nanny services, pharmacy, laundry, Visa / Travel office, dry cleaning, hotel booking, flight booking, mobility accessible rooms, local tourism options and more.
Furthermore, if any patient is not able to travel to visit the hospital, then he can utilize ‘Online doctor consultation’ facility provided by the hospital. To provide with all the better facilities to international patients, the hospital accepts special dietary requests and provides local transportation booking.
Medical Park Group, İstanbul
As Istanbul is gearing to become one of the world’s preferred destinations for medical treatments; it has raised the choices amongst several hospitals and clinics. Hence, doctors and specialists have gathered to form Medical Park Group for successful medical outcomes with healthcare solutions. Patients from Middle East, Europe, Asia, North America entrust Medical Park doctors for their treatments.
Continuously serving patients with their healthcare services since 1993, irrespective of socioeconomic status, the hospitals boost the quality and quantity of services meeting higher service standards following the principle “healthcare for all”.
Medical Park Hospitals provides qualitative therapeutic and diagnostic services in all hospitals, with three accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI) with specialists, patient-oriented service approach using technological intelligence under one roof. The hospitals ensure to serve and heal patients for a ‘healthier’ Turkey.
Over 40 Languages Spoken!
Help desk section is setup at each of the complex to guide medical tourists and provide translation services in over 40 languages including English, Dutch, French, German, Russian, Spanish and more!
American Hospital, Istanbul
The Americal hospital, Turkey was founded in 1920 by a US Navy Admiral L. Bristol. The hospital was started as a non-profitable institution. Nearly 120,000 patients are treated every year in addition to 20,000 inpatients. More than 10,000 surgeries are conducted every year. The hospital specifically keeps in consideration the laws, regulations, and principles of professional ethics. It also gives prime importance to the patient’s privacy. All the medical and administrative systems are constantly examined to look for the scope of improvement and provide patient satisfaction. The hospital is accredited by:
- Joint Commission International 2002, 2005, 2009, 2012, 2015, July 2018
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System April 2018
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System May 2018 (American Hospital is the “first” organization to receive the certificate among all public and private hospitals in Turkey.)
- ISO 27001 Information Security Management System May 2018
- Echocardiography Laboratory Accreditation by the European Association of Echocardiography (EAE) 2015
- Global Mobility Certificate by United Healthcare Global 2018
Doctors for Ventricular Septal Defects Treatment in Turkey
Pediatric CardiologistProfessor, 38 years of experience
- Dr. Alpay Çeliker is a pediatric cardiologist with 38+ years of experience.
- He completed his graduation from Hacettepe University, Ankara in 1981, residency in pediatrics from Hacettepe University, Ankara in 1985 and fellowship in pediatric cardiology from Hacettepe University, Ankara in 1990.
- He is a member of the Turkish Society of Cardiology, Association for European Pediatric and Congenital Cardiology, Turkish Association of Pediatric Cardiology, Turkish National Association of Pediatrics, Pediatric and Congenital Electrophysiologic Society and Association of Adult Congenital Heart Diseases.
- He has authored more than 300 academic papers.
- His clinical interest includes pediatric cardiology, invasive cardiology, cardiac electrophysiology, adult congenital heart diseases and more.
Pediatric CardiologistSenior Consultant, 27 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Selami Suleymanoglu is an Istanbul-based Pediatric Cardiologist with 27+ years of experience.
- He completed his graduation from Gülhane Medical Faculty, Medical Doctor in 1984, Specialization in Pediatrics from Gata Haydarpaşa Training Hospital in 1993, and lastly Minor Specialization from Gata Pediatric Cardiology in 1999.
- He has expertise in handling complex cases such as Echocardiography (Heart Ultrasonography, Heart Echo), Cardiac Inflammation (Pericarditis), Rheumatic Fever (Heart Rheumatism, Acute Rheumatic Fever), Syncope (Fainting), Cardiomyopathy (Heart Muscle Disease), Pulmonary Valve Stenosis (Pulmonary Stenosis), Arrhythmia, Holter Test, etc.
- He is actively associated with various organizations such as the Turkish Society of Cardiology, the European Cardiology Association, etc.
- He has nearly 42 articles published in international journals and various research-based articles in national journals.
Prof. Rukiye Nurten EKER ÖMEROĞLU
Pediatric CardiologistProfessor, 43 years of experience
- Prof. Rukiye Nurten EKER ÖMEROĞLU is a well-experienced Pediatric Cardiology Specialist at MEMORIAL BAHÇELİEVLER HOSPITAL.
- She has nearly 43 years of experience in the field of Pediatric Cardiology.
- After completing her medical training from ISTANBUL UNIVERSITY ISTANBUL MEDICAL FACULTY in 1991, she has achieved certification in Pediatry Specialisation Training from İSTANBUL MEDICAL FACULTY DEPARTMENT OF PEDIATRIC HEALTH AND DISEASES in 1982.
- In 1989, she completed certification from ISTANBUL FACULTY OF MEDICINE PEDIATRIC CARDIOLOGY MINOR SPECIALIZATION EDUCATION followed by certification from İSTANBUL MEDICAL FACULTY PEDIATRIC RHEUMATOLOGY MINOR SPECIALIZATION TRAINING in 2011.
- She has several scientific publications to her credit.
- She has also attended numerous vocational education, training, and conferences.
- She is actively associated with various organizations including the Turkish Medical Association, European Paediatric Cardiology Association, Association of Turkish Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatric Cardiologic Surgery, and Society of Pediatric Cardiology.
- Prior to working with Memorial Healthcare Group, she has worked with prestigious medical centers across Turkey.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Pediatric Cardiac Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals