Ventricular Septal Defects Treatment Cost In GermanyChat
What is Ventricular Septal Defects?
Ventricular Septal Defect is a heart defect in which there is a hole in the wall between the lower two chambers of the heart (ventricles).
How is the Procedure Performed?
VSD holes usually close on their own, although may need surgery or a catheter-based procedure to close the hole.
Blood pressure medicines or diuretics are used to treat symptoms such as -
- Shortness of breath
- Fast breathing
- Hard breathing
- Failure to gain weight
- Fast heart rate
Who is the Right Doctor for Ventricular Septal Defects Treatment?
The right doctor to consult for Ventricular septal defects is a Pediatric Cardiac Surgeon.
What tests are required?
For the detection of Ventricular septal defects, a few tests can be done, such as -
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Chest X-ray
- Pulse oximetry
- Cardiac catheterization
- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan
The cost of Ventricular Septal Defect includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost [blood tests, a chest X-ray, and an echocardiogram (ECG)]
Surgery cost (varies depending upon the type of cardiac implant used)
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Types of implants (such as Amplatzer, Gore, STARFlex, etc.)
Medicine cost (blood thinners, antibiotics, etc.)
Patient's hospital stay
Note: Depending on the hole's size and the chances of a better prognosis, two types of procedures are available to treat VSD, i.e. Surgical - (Open-Heart Surgery) and Non-Surgical - (Catheter-Based Repair).
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or Single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as bleeding, blood clot, infection, etc.)
Cost of lobod products (if required)
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Ventricular Septal Defects Treatment in Germany
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD) Treatment||USD 11700 to USD 14300|
|Device Closure- ASD VSD||USD 22500 to USD 27500|
Ventricular Septal Defects Treatment in Germany
Popular Cities in Germany for Ventricular Septal Defects Treatment are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Ventricular Septal Defects Treatment in GermanyFilter
Showing 32 Hospitals and doctors for Ventricular Septal Defects Treatment in Germany
Vivantes Hospital Group
- The Vivantes Hospital Group is one of the largest state-owned healthcare companies operating around 100 medical departments and institutions, rehabilitation centers, 40 centers of excellence, primary healthcare facilities, 12 nursing facilities, and other outpatient and inpatient healthcare facilities in Berlin, Germany
- The Vivantes Hospital Group was founded in 2001 and the company runs 10 hospitals with a total capacity of nearly 6,000 beds and more than 17,000 employees, 2,300 of which are physicians.
- The Hospitals treat nearly 2,35,622 inpatients and 3,22,503 outpatients per year.
- An exceptional foreign department was established to assist all queries of international patients.
- It is the biggest state-owned hospital group in Berlin providing hospital care for about a third of patients in the city seeking inpatient care.
- Vivantes Clinic August-Victoria received the status of "Baby-friendly hospital" and Vivantes Humboldt and Vivantes Friedrichshain clinics were awarded the UNICEF Quality Awards.
- The tumor center of Vivantes consists of three cancer centers in the north, south, and in the center of Berlin. All three cancer centers are certified by the German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO).
- The Federation for Environmental Protection and Nature Conservation of Germany (Bund Berlin) awarded the Vivantes Neukolln clinic status "Energy Saving Hospital".
Meoclinic Hospital, Berlin
- Founded in 2000, Meoclinic Hospital is a multidisciplinary medical center and is part of MEOGROUP.
- The hospital is certified by the ISO 9001:2008 quality standard and meets the highest medical requirements of the European Union.
- Located in the center of Berlin, the hospital offers the highest level of medical services.
- The team of specialists provides high-quality assistance to every patient.
- Patients choose this hospital for neurology, plastic surgery, endocrinology, pediatric neurosurgery, obstetrics and gynecology.
- It has 5 narrow-focused centers – cardiology, radiology, phlebology, surgery and rehabilitation.
- The center has the latest equipment, including the newest devices of CT and MRI scan, Doppler ultrasonography, EEG and devices for conducting duplex 3D and 4D sonography.
- Spanned in an area of 4,500 square meters, it has 45 beds, including 6 intensive care beds, 3 inpatient and 1 outpatient operating theatres.
Asklepios St. Georg Hospital
- Asklepios St. Georg Hospital is a multispeciality center located in Hamburg and is a part of the Asklepios Medical Group.
- The group which houses a network of 150 medical establishments in 14 federal districts of Germany making it one of the largest private hospital group in Germany with 26,500 beds combined.
- The hospital is certified by the International Organization for Standardization, Switzerland, and the Center for Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation, Germany.
- Furthermore, Asklepios St. Georg has earned 18 awards and certificates that prove the high quality of medical services available in the European Union.
- The Asklepios holds 732 beds and treats about half of all hospital patients in Hamburg (nearly 87,000 patients) annually and covers all medical specialties such as ophthalmology, cardiology, neuroradiology, vascular, dentistry, etc.
- The hospital is located in the center of Hamburg and due to its central location, the location appeals to people of any age and any culture. It is home to wonderful old buildings mixed with sidewalk cafes and shops.
- The Asklepios Hospital is one of the few in the world that utilizes the bactericidal action of copper surfaces to create a "hospital without germs environment".
Doctors for Ventricular Septal Defects Treatment in Germany
Prof. Dr. med. Brigitte Stiller
Pediatric CardiologistDirector, 32 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. med. Brigitte Stiller is a pediatric cardiologist with 32+ years of experience.
- Her clinical expertise includes congenital heart defects, atrial septal defect (ASD), patent ductus arteriosus (PDS), ventricular septal defect (VSD), Pulmonary Stenosis (PS), Aortic Stenosis (AS) and Coarctation of Aorta (COA).
- She completed graduation from the University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf.
- Dr. Stiller did her training in general pediatrics at the University of Cologne, Cologne.
- She has been appointed as president of the German Society for Pediatric Cardiology (DGPK).
- She has many publications to her credit in journals and newspapers.
Prof. Dr. Med. Johannes Breuer
Pediatric CardiologistHOD, 27 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Med. Johannes Breuer is a pediatric cardiologist with 27+ years of experience.
- His clinical interest includes 3D echocardiography, fetal echocardiography, aortic valves and blood vessels.
- He was awarded the sponsorship award of the German Heart Foundation and the Arthur-Schloßmann-Prize of the Saxon-Thuringian Society for Pediatrics for research into the treatment of pulmonary hypertension with nitric oxide inhalations.
- Dr. Breuer did graduation from the University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf followed by a doctorate.
- He did a research fellowship from The Rotary Foundation at the University of California Children's Hospital, San Diego.
- He is a member of the German Society of Pediatric Cardiology and the German Society for Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery.
Prof. Dr. med. Robert Cesnjevar
Pediatric Cardiac SurgeonHead of Department, 22 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. med. Robert Cesnjevar is a pediatric cardiac surgeon with 22+ years of experience.
- His forte includes correction of atrial septal defects, treatment of Tetralogy of Fallot, correction of double outlet right ventricle, Ross procedure, Fontan procedure and correction of the atrioventricular canal defect.
- He is a member of the German Society for Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery.
- Dr. Cesnjevar completed graduation from the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany.
- He has a comparable number of publications in the World Journal for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Pediatric Cardiac Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals