Valve Replacement Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Valve Replacement?
Valve Replacement Surgery is the replacement of one or more of the heart valves with either an artificial heart valve or a bioprosthesis. It is an alternative to valve repair.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Valve Replacement Surgery involves the removal of the heart valve and replacing it with a mechanical valve, or a valve made from cow, pig or human heart tissue (biological tissue valve). Biological valves often eventually need to be replaced, as they degenerate over time.
Who is the Right Doctor for Valve Replacement?
The right doctor to consult for Valve Replacement is a Cardiac Surgeon.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The usual success rate varies between 72-84%.
Possible risks after valve replacement may include Bleeding, Blood clots, Valve dysfunction in replacement valves, Heart rhythm problems, Infection, Stroke, etc.
The cost of Valve Replacement includes the following:
- Preoperative diagnostic tests cost [blood tests, a chest X-ray, an echocardiogram (ECG) and an electrocardiogram (EKG)].
- Surgery cost (cost is different for different types of the valve)
- Type of Valve (2 variables are available - Mechanical valve and Tissue Valve) Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
- Medicine cost (blood thinners, antibiotics, etc.)
- Patient's hospital stay.
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or Single room)
- The severity of the disease
- Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as bleeding, blood clot, infection, etc.)
- Cost of Blood products (if required)
- An extended stay at the Hospital
- Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Valve Replacement in United Arab EmiratesFilter
Showing 23 Hospitals and doctors for Valve Replacement in United Arab Emirates
Thumbay Hospital, Dubai
- Thumbay Hospital, Dubai was established in 2015 as a multi-speciality hospital and is one of the five such hospitals of the Thumbay Group.
- Thumbay Hospital, Dubai is a leading choice of patients as it has earned a reputation for offering world-class healthcare to people from across the globe. The hospital boasts of having treated patients from +175 countries and is accredited by the Ministry of Health, UAE, the Medical Tourism Association, Association of Academic Health Centers, the International Hospital Federation and the Asian Hospital Federation among others.
- It has also received the Dubai Quality Appreciation Award, Dubai Human Development & Appreciation Award and Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award.
- The doctors and medical staff themselves hail from +20 different countries and speak over 50 languages.
- Thumbay Hospital, Dubai is accredited by the International Board of Medicine & Surgery, the International Hospital Federation and the Medical Tourism Association and other bodies too.
- There are +20 specialities at the JCI-accredited hospital.
- The facility has a capacity of 150 beds and has a dedicated Marhaba Lounge which is set up to offer personalised care in less time. This is a dedicated service aimed at minimising time loss and inconvenience of patients. Patients opting for this package are given priority with registration, consultation, examination/diagnosis, surgeries, documentation and billing, thus making the patient's health visit at Thumbay Hospital a pleasant experience.
- Thumbay Hospital, Dubai is equipped with the latest medical equipments such as, Picture Archiving and Communication System for radiology, labs that are accredited by the College of American Pathologists, individual waiting rooms for men and women and category-wise wards as per the budget of the patient.
- The hospital's dedicated medical tourism section offers services to overseas patients by resolving their queries and addressing other concerns.
- The hospital is modern and equipped with Wifi. It is clean, spacious and has shops, ATMs and a lounge area.
Prime Hospital, Dubai
- Prime Hospital, Dubai is a multi-speciality hospital set up in 1999 that is now counted among the leading healthcare facilities in the United Arab Emirates.
- The hospital has been accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI) in 2016 and by the Australian Council on Healthcare Standards (ACHS) in 2019.
- Prime Hospital, Dubai offers treatments in +30 departments, has a capacity of 100 beds and is equipped with the latest medical and surgical equipments.
- The hospital's other infrastructure includes, an adult ICU, an emergency ward, state-of-the-art pathology and catheterisation lab, neonatal and pediatric ICU, maternity and pediatric floors, a day surgery unit and a family clinic.
- Prime Hospital, Dubai has an expert team of surgeons and doctors. Its medical staff is also highly trained and follows safety standards that are at par with those in other parts of the world.
- The hospital has been constructed in accordance with the American Institute of Architects Hospital Architecture (AIA) guidelines and as per international quality accreditation standards.
- The hospital offers special offers for payment without charging interest.
- Prime Hospital, Dubai offers Prime Homecare, an offering of diagnostic and medical services for those confined to homes. These are provided by a licensed team from the hospital who are as competent in delivering the services.
- The hospital premises are aesthetically done, spacious and well-lit. It has a spacious lounge.
- The hospital offers deluxe and premier stay options. It has a cafeteria too.
Saudi German Hospital, Dubai
- The Saudi German Hospital, Dubai belongs to one of the largest private healthcare hospital groups known as the Saudi German Hospital (SGH) Group in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). The SGH Group is a trusted leading healthcare services provider in MENA.
- It is a multi-speciality hospital that provides tertiary care in Dubai and UAE.
- It provides a one-stop medical facilities and packages for international patients.
- Its popular procedures include Eye Surgery, GI Surgery, Joint Replacement Surgery, Cancer Treatment, Spine Surgery, Weight Loss Surgery, Heart Surgery, Cosmetic Surgery, Uro Surgery, and Neurosurgery.
- It is the first hospital in UAE to receive Trauma cases with the Dubai Ambulance office established in the premises.
- The Hospital's management of high quality with international standard is evident through its several international accreditations like JCI, CAP, ISO 9001: 2015 on Quality Management System and ISO 14001: 2015 on Environmental Management System.
- It received a Gold Certification for Patient Centered Care Excellence from Planetree International-USA.
- Its Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation also received an accreditation from CARF International (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities).
- It has a partnership with numerous insurance agencies such as Axa, Amity, Daman, MSH International, Oman etc.
Doctors for Valve Replacement in United Arab Emirates
Cardiac SurgeonSenior Consultant, 22 years of experience
- Dr. Radwan Elhussein is an expert Cardio-Thoracic and Vascular Surgeon, having experience of more than 22 years.
- He has a special interest in performing procedures like Minimal invasive thoracic surgery, Surgery of chest – lungs – mediastinum VATS, Tumor/Ca lung surgery, Chest wall and trauma surgery, Mediastinal surgery and thymus surgery, Vascular and endovascular surgery, and Phlebology/venous surgery and sclerosing.
- Being an expert in Cardiac Surgery, he had also successfully treated Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis, Balloon Mitral Valvuloplasty, Radial Approach Angiography, Patent Ductus Artriosus Device Closure, Mitral/Heart Valve Replacement, Invasive Cardiac, Cardiac Pacing, Pediatric cardiac surgery, Aorta, etc.
- After completing his MBBS and MD from the University Aix Marseille, he also did MS from the French College.
- Dr. Radwan has numerous research papers to his credit. He has also attended conferences, seminars, and lectures where he got an opportunity to present his scientific works.
- He is proficient in speaking English, French, and Arabic.
Cardiac SurgeonVisiting Consultant, 38 years of experience
- Dr. Pradeep Nambiar is among the most experienced and skilled Cardiac Surgeons with a vast practice of +38 years.
- He holds professional memberships of the Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons of India, the Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland and the Maharashtra Medical Council among a few others.
- Dr. Pradeep Nambiar did his MBBS in 1988 from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, followed by MS in 1991 from Army Hospital, New Delhi. In 1998, he earned a fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh and then the Royal College of Surgeons, Canada.
- He has the reputation of performing +7,000 successful cardiothoracic surgeries including +1,000 cardiac redo surgeries.
- Dr. Nambiar is the innovator of the Nambiar Technique of Coronary Bypass.
- He is an expert in MIS heart bypass, paediatric cardiac surgery, congenital heart surgery, heart valve surgery, MIDCAB surgery and coronary angioplasty.
Prof. Souilamas Mohammed Redha
Cardiac SurgeonChief, 25 years of experience
- Prof. Souilamas Mohammed Redha is among the top Thoracic and Gastrointestinal Surgeons in Dubai.
- He holds 25 years of rich experience in his field.
- He completed his MD from Medical School University of Algiers, Algeria in 1986, and completed his French medical degree from Paris-Descartes Medical School and licensed by the French National College of physicians.
- He also has a Master in Thoracoscopy & Interventional Pneumology, and Chest Anatomy from Paris-Descartes University.
- After that, he completed his Ph.D. in Sciences & Medical ethics & lung transplantation from Paris-Descartes Medical School University.
- His areas of specialization are Lung Transplant, Thoracic Surgeries, Interventional Pneumology, etc.
- He is one of the pioneers in the Ex Vivo Lung reconditioning prior to the transplantation.
- He is the President of the Thoracic Surgery Council at Emirate Thoracic Society (ETS).
- He is a well-known member of the Cardio-Thoracic Network, International Society for Heart & Lung Transplantation, European Society for Organ Transplantation, European Society for Thoracic Surgery, European Respiratory Society, American Thoracic Society & British Transplantation Society, and French Thoracic Society.
- He has more than 50 medical and scientific publications to his credit.
Valve Replacement Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals