Valve Replacement Cost In GermanyChat
What is Valve Replacement?
Valve Replacement Surgery is the replacement of one or more of the heart valves with either an artificial heart valve or a bioprosthesis. It is an alternative to valve repair.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Valve Replacement Surgery involves the removal of the heart valve and replacing it with a mechanical valve, or a valve made from cow, pig or human heart tissue (biological tissue valve). Biological valves often eventually need to be replaced, as they degenerate over time.
Who is the Right Doctor for Valve Replacement?
The right doctor to consult for Valve Replacement is a Cardiac Surgeon.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The usual success rate varies between 72-84%.
Possible risks after valve replacement may include Bleeding, Blood clots, Valve dysfunction in replacement valves, Heart rhythm problems, Infection, Stroke, etc.
The cost of Valve Replacement includes the following:
- Preoperative diagnostic tests cost [blood tests, a chest X-ray, an echocardiogram (ECG) and an electrocardiogram (EKG)].
- Surgery cost (cost is different for different types of the valve)
- Type of Valve (2 variables are available - Mechanical valve and Tissue Valve) Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
- Medicine cost (blood thinners, antibiotics, etc.)
- Patient's hospital stay.
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or Single room)
- The severity of the disease
- Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as bleeding, blood clot, infection, etc.)
- Cost of Blood products (if required)
- An extended stay at the Hospital
- Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Valve Replacement in Germany
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Valve Replacement||USD 54000 to USD 66000|
|Mitral Valve Replacement||USD 36000 to USD 44000|
|Heart Double Valve Replacement||USD 54900 to USD 67100|
|Single Bypass and Valve Replacement||USD 16200 to USD 19800|
Valve Replacement in Germany
Popular Cities in Germany for Valve Replacement are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Valve Replacement in GermanyFilter
Showing 33 Hospitals and doctors for Valve Replacement in Germany
Charite University Hospital
- The Charité University Hospital located in Berlin is one of Europe's most reputed and largest university hospitals affiliated with Humboldt University and Free University Berlin.
- Established in 1710, it is one of Germany's most research-intensive medical institutions, which was ranked by Focus as the best of over 1000 hospitals in Germany.
- In 2010, the clinic celebrated its 300th anniversary, and in 2019 and 2020, Newsweek ranked the Charité as the fifth-best hospital in the world and best in Europe.
- The hospitals has numerous Collaborative Research Centres (CRC) of the Deutsche Forschungsgmeinschaft.
- Charité treats more patients than any other university hospital in Germany with 692,920 outpatient cases and 152,693 inpatient cases in a year.
- From 2012 to 2020, more than half of all German Nobel Prize winners in Physiology or Medicine, including Emil von Behring, Robert Koch, and Paul Ehrlich have worked at the Charité.
- Several congressmen and diplomats have been treated at the Charité, including German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Yulia Tymoshenko from Ukraine, and, more recently, Russian opposition politician Alexei Navalny was treated here in August 2020.
Asklepios Hospital Barmbek, Hamburg
- Founded in 2005, Asklepios Hospital Barmbek is a part of the Asklepios medical group.
- The Asklepios group was founded in 1985 and is one of the largest networks of private clinics.
- All the hospitals of this group have in-house laboratories performing more than 18 million tests annually.
- The group is the first in Germany to be certified in accordance with the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM).
- The hospital offers state-of-the-art treatments to more than 80,000 national and international patients.
- It has been granted numerous certifications for its extremely advanced medical standards.
- The hospital has been recognized as one of the best clinics in the world in the field of medical tourism by Alliance for Quality of Medical Tourism.
- It has been awarded a CTQ quality certificate, which indicates impeccable medical services.
- This clinic is one of the renowned hospitals for the treatment of liver diseases.
- It is one of the few hospitals in the world to use bactericidal action of copper surfaces, including copper light switches and copper handles to create a “hospital free from germs”.
- According to the Medical Travel Quality Alliance Quality (MTQUA), the hospital ranks among the top ten hospitals in the world in the field of medical tourism.
Vivantes Hospital Group
- The Vivantes Hospital Group is one of the largest state-owned healthcare companies operating around 100 medical departments and institutions, rehabilitation centers, 40 centers of excellence, primary healthcare facilities, 12 nursing facilities, and other outpatient and inpatient healthcare facilities in Berlin, Germany
- The Vivantes Hospital Group was founded in 2001 and the company runs 10 hospitals with a total capacity of nearly 6,000 beds and more than 17,000 employees, 2,300 of which are physicians.
- The Hospitals treat nearly 2,35,622 inpatients and 3,22,503 outpatients per year.
- An exceptional foreign department was established to assist all queries of international patients.
- It is the biggest state-owned hospital group in Berlin providing hospital care for about a third of patients in the city seeking inpatient care.
- Vivantes Clinic August-Victoria received the status of "Baby-friendly hospital" and Vivantes Humboldt and Vivantes Friedrichshain clinics were awarded the UNICEF Quality Awards.
- The tumor center of Vivantes consists of three cancer centers in the north, south, and in the center of Berlin. All three cancer centers are certified by the German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO).
- The Federation for Environmental Protection and Nature Conservation of Germany (Bund Berlin) awarded the Vivantes Neukolln clinic status "Energy Saving Hospital".
Doctors for Valve Replacement in Germany
Cardiac SurgeonChief, 22 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Med. Henning Baberg is a cardiologist with 22+ years of experience.
- His areas of expertise include heart catheter, percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty, atrial appendage closure, rotablation, atrial septal defect closure and more.
- He is a member of the Medical Advisory Board of Helios Kliniken GmbH and Rector of the Medical School Berlin.
- Dr. Baberg has many publications under his name in both national and international medical journals.
- He completed his graduation from the renowned medical university of Germany.
- He also did training in the cardiology field under the worldwide-renowned doctors of the country.
Cardiac SurgeonSenior Consultant, 31 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. med. Sigrid Nikol is a cardiologist with 31+ years of experience.
- Her expertise includes Angiology, Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery and Vascular Surgery.
- She is a member of the German Angiology Society, the German Society for Arteriosclerosis Research, the German Society for Internal Medicine, the European Society of Cardiology (ESC), the German Cardiac Society, International Society for Cardiovascular Surgery and International Andreas Gruentzig Society.
- Dr. Nikol won several awards, including the Schwarz Monheim Prize from the German Angiology Society, the Prize for the best doctorate in the Cardiovascular Area of the Heart Center and the Dissertation Award of the University of Münster.
- She completed graduation and post-graduation from the esteemed university of Germany.
- She has many publications under her name in international journals.
Cardiac SurgeonHead of Department, 26 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. med. Michael Weyand is a cardiac surgeon with 26+ years of experience.
- His clinical interest includes CABG, minimally invasive heart valve surgery, heart transplantation, pacemaker implantation, defibrillator implantation and minimally invasive heart surgery.
- He completed graduation from Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich followed by post-graduation.
- Dr. Weyand and his team perform more than 1,600 surgeries on heart and blood vessels.
- He is a member of German Cardiac Society and European Society of Cardiology.
- He has more than 90+ publications under his name in national and international journals.
Valve Replacement Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Valve Replacement
FAQ videos related to Valve Replacement
More searches related to Valve Replacement
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Valve Replacement in other countries, compared to Germany?
Approximate price of Valve Replacement in other countries compared to Germany is:
- India, USD 4400 to USD 6600, approximately 91% lower than Germany
- Turkey, USD 9600 to USD 14400, approximately 80% lower than Germany
- Thailand, USD 8800 to USD 13200, approximately 82% lower than Germany
- India, USD 5200 to USD 7800, approximately 89% lower than Germany
- Israel, USD 52000 to USD 78000, approximately 8% higher than Germany
- Singapore, USD 21600 to USD 32400, approximately 55% lower than Germany
- Malaysia, USD 10400 to USD 15600, approximately 78% lower than Germany
- Malaysia, USD 8800 to USD 13200, approximately 82% lower than Germany