Urethroplasty Cost In TurkeyChat
What is Urethroplasty?
Urethroplasty is the repair of an injury or defect within the walls of the urethra. Trauma, iatrogenic injury and infections are the most common causes of urethral injury
How is the Procedure Performed?
Procedure takes about 3 hrs, Excising a short segment of urethra and sewing the ends together typically has the best long term surgical results,Stricture excision cannot be performed in the penile urethra,Penile skin flaps are good for reconstructing long strictures of the penile urethra. Penile skin flaps are versatile and are used as a patch to the narrow urethral segments. Success rates in the short term approach 80-85%
Nearly all patients are discharged either right after the surgery,full recovery takes 3-4 weeks.
Cost related to Urethroplasty in Turkey
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Urethroplasty||USD 3420 to USD 4180|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Urethroplasty in TurkeyFilter
Showing 17 Hospitals and doctors for Urethroplasty in Turkey
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental, Istanbul
Based in Ümraniye, Istanbul, Hisar Hospital Intercontinental is amongst the largest private hospitals in Turkey. Founded in 2006, this hospital is spanned in an area of 35,000 square meters. It is accredited by the US Joint Commission International (JCI) which assures international standards for quality diagnosis and treatment.
The various facilities offered by the hospital include airport pickup, translation services, medical travel insurance, car hire, airport pickup, interpreter services, Rehabilitation, free WiFi, TV in the room, nursery or nanny services, pharmacy, laundry, Visa / Travel office, dry cleaning, hotel booking, flight booking, mobility accessible rooms, local tourism options and more.
Furthermore, if any patient is not able to travel to visit the hospital, then he can utilize ‘Online doctor consultation’ facility provided by the hospital. To provide with all the better facilities to international patients, the hospital accepts special dietary requests and provides local transportation booking.
Medicana International Istanbul
Since 1992, Medicana Health Group is making a tremendous progression in serving its patients with their healthcare services meeting international standards. Medical Health group aims to provide healthcare services to every section of the society for the betterment of people. It continuously strives to improve its services and productivity by following the most advanced, latest infrastructures and developments by creating a homely and safe environment.
Medicana Group of Hospitals is a member of the Association of Private Hospitals and Medical Institutions. It is awarded the status of the baby-friendly hospital by UNICEF and the World Health Organization. The Joint International Commission (JCI) hospitals are Medicana International Istanbul, Medicana International Ankara, Medicana Camlica, and Medicana Bahcelievler.
Medicana Hospitals offer medical services in various departments, including Bone Marrow & Organ Transplantation, Oncology, Cardiology, Pediatric Cardiology, IVF treatment, Aesthetic & Cosmetic Surgery, and Neurology.
Medical Park Group, İstanbul
As Istanbul is gearing to become one of the world’s preferred destinations for medical treatments; it has raised the choices amongst several hospitals and clinics. Hence, doctors and specialists have gathered to form Medical Park Group for successful medical outcomes with healthcare solutions. Patients from Middle East, Europe, Asia, North America entrust Medical Park doctors for their treatments.
Continuously serving patients with their healthcare services since 1993, irrespective of socioeconomic status, the hospitals boost the quality and quantity of services meeting higher service standards following the principle “healthcare for all”.
Medical Park Hospitals provides qualitative therapeutic and diagnostic services in all hospitals, with three accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI) with specialists, patient-oriented service approach using technological intelligence under one roof. The hospitals ensure to serve and heal patients for a ‘healthier’ Turkey.
Over 40 Languages Spoken!
Help desk section is setup at each of the complex to guide medical tourists and provide translation services in over 40 languages including English, Dutch, French, German, Russian, Spanish and more!
Doctors for Urethroplasty in Turkey
UrologistSenior Consultant, 42 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Remzi Saglam is a reputed Urologist with 42+ years of experience in the field.
- He is the General Manager and Chairman of the Board of Directors. He was a founding member and chairman of the Endourology Association and the editor of the Journal of Endourology.
- He graduated from Cerrahpaşa Medical Faculty in 1970 and after working as an Intern at Gülhane Military Medical Academy between 1970-1971, he was appointed as an Air Force in Eskişehir.
- He completed the Flight Medicine course for three months at the Physiological Training Center and went on to do a specialization in GATA Urology Clinic and became a Urology Specialist in June 1977.
- Dr. Saglam's expertise lies in areas such as Urodynamics, neurogenic bladder, (PNL) Percutaneous Lithotripsy, URS (Ureterorenoscopy), fURS (Flexible Ureterorenoscopic Laser Lithotripsy), Laser Treatment of Kidney Stones with Robot, Evaporation of Prostate with Greenlight Laser, HoLEP (Removal of Prostate with Holmium Laser in Patients with Urinary Incontinence) Sphincter, Penile Prosthesis, etc.
- He has attended different congresses in Turkey and abroad with his papers, and has 63 scientific publications and 60 papers, as well as 18 meetings and panels.
UrologistSenior Consultant, 19 years of experience
- Dr. Murat Bagisgil is a renowned Urologist with extensive 19+ years of experience.
- His expertise lies in the management of prostate cancer, bladder cancers, kidney tumors, renal outlet obstruction, urinary reflux to the kidney, and hypospadias treatment, minimally invasive surgeries, etc.
- Dr. Murat graduated from Istanbul Cerrahpaşa Medical Faculty, followed by his specialty education at Istanbul University Cerrahpaşa Faculty of Medicine Urology Department. He is a member of the Turkish Urology Association, Endourology Association, Andrology Association, EAU (European Urology Association).
- He has worked in reputed organizations such as London Hospital Medical College, England, Miami University, Cedars Medical Center, New York Memorial Sloane Kettering Cancer Center hospital, Medicana International Hospital, etc.
- Under his credit, there are both national and international publications and he is actively invited as a guest speaker in scientific meetings, CME's and worldwide conferences to talk about Urological disorders.
UrologistConsultant, 15 years of experience
- With more than 15 years of clinical experience, Dr. Murat Binbay is an accomplished Urologist.
- He has performed 3000+ Urological Cancer surgeries and 2500+ Robotic and Laparoscopic surgeries.
- He focuses on treating Uro-oncology and Urinary system stone diseases.
- He is a member of the Turkish Medical Association, the Turkish Urology Association, the American Urology Association, the Balkan Union of Oncology, the Turkish Andrology Association, and the International Young Urologists Society.
- Dr. Murat Binbay gained his MBBS (1999) from Istanbul University, Istanbul.
- He did his specialization in Urology (2005) at Haseki Training and Research Hospital.
- Dr. Murat Binbay is the author of several publications and articles.
Before Urethroplasty - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Urethroplasty is the surgical procedure of reconstructing or replacing the urethera which has become narrow, this is standard treatment for uretheral reconstruction and it has given the best and the most durable result.
According to some studies the success rate of urethroplasty is 81% and the complication risks are very less of this procedure.
Urethroplasty is done to repair trauma, iatrogenic injuries or infections which are the common causes of uretheral injury. Urethroplasty is the treatment for urethral strictures and it has given better result in terms of recurrence.
Urethrotomy is a minimum invasive technique in which the narrow area of the urethera is being widened by cutting the scar tissue with steel blade on the other hand urethroplasty is more invasive surgery done to reconstruct the narrow area.
Most people may experience pain after surgery but the pain is not that bad. Patients are provided with painkillers to ease with pain and discomfort. Many patient do not experience any pain after surgery.
During the Urethroplasty - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Urethroplasty takes around two to five hours depending on the severity of the scar tissue and the degree of reconstruction needed.
In the process of urethroplasty the surgeon locates and remove the narrow section of urethera and then join the two healthy pieces together. In some cases when the scar segment is very long then tissues from other body parts may also be used to recreate the normal size of the urethera.
If uretheroplasty fails then there will be less healthy tissue which is used for reconstruction and the scar because the surrounding tissue for flap surgery has already been used and blood supply of the penile may be altered.
After Urethroplasty - Most Frequently Asked Questions
In some cases catheter is being replaced safely after 8 to 10 days of surgery.
Urethral structures recur within the first two years after surgery, it is very important for you to do follow up after every three to six months of the surgery and in the first year after surgery.
The adverse effect of urethroplasty of erectile dysfunction is less most patient recover from erectile function after their urethral reconstruction.
Most of the patient need to remain in hospital for one or two days after surgery, patient should reduce their activity for 2 weeks after the surgery till catheter is removed completely
Urethroplasty removes the part of urethera along with its stricture and scar tissue, if the stricture is long there must be a need for adding new tissue such as a graft from mouth or a flap of skin for reshaping the urethera.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Urologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals