Urethroplasty Cost In ThailandChat
What is Urethroplasty?
Urethroplasty is the repair of an injury or defect within the walls of the urethra. Trauma, iatrogenic injury and infections are the most common causes of urethral injury
How is the Procedure Performed?
Procedure takes about 3 hrs, Excising a short segment of urethra and sewing the ends together typically has the best long term surgical results,Stricture excision cannot be performed in the penile urethra,Penile skin flaps are good for reconstructing long strictures of the penile urethra. Penile skin flaps are versatile and are used as a patch to the narrow urethral segments. Success rates in the short term approach 80-85%
Nearly all patients are discharged either right after the surgery,full recovery takes 3-4 weeks.
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Urethroplasty in ThailandFilter
Showing 31 Hospitals and doctors for Urethroplasty in Thailand
- Established in 1972, the Bangkok Hospital is one of the first private hospitals in Thailand; it has now established its reputation as a tertiary care hospital dedicated especially to Cancer and Cardiology.
- It has Centres & Clinics committed to comprehensive treatment in different medical and surgical departments such as Cardiology, Cancer, Orthopaedics & Spine Surgery, Neurology & Neuroscience, Fertility, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Dentistry, Geriatric, Gastroenterology, Liver, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, and ENT.
- It offers several Health Packages on Fertility, Plastic Surgery, Lasik Eye Surgery, Hip & Knee Surgery, Obesity, Vascular Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery and many more.
- It is equipped with the latest cutting-edge technologies some of which are - the 256-Slice Multi-Detector CT Scan, Cardiovascular MRI, the first Cartosound in Thailand, LINAC, the ARTIS Pheno machine, PET/CT Scan, and a New X-RAY Biplane Imaging (EOS).
- Having the ultimate "Hybrid Operating Room Full Function", enables the hospital to improve accuracy making it a leader in heart surgery.
- The Hospital has been awarded various accreditations by the Joint Commission International (JCI) in Programmes such as Traumatic Brain Injury, Total Knee Replacement, Acute Coronary Syndrome, Primary Stroke, Low Back Pain, Diabetes Type 2, Breast Cancer Conserving, and Heart Failure.
- It has also received the Hospital Accreditation of Thailand, Asian Hospital Management Award, Global Health Asia-Pacific Awards, and a Dual Medical Transport Accreditation i.e CAMTS USA and CAMTS GLOBAL.
- It provides International Medical Services for foreign patients by assisting them in language translations, special diets, accommodation, liaising with embassies or organisations, and free medical consultations via internet.
Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok
- Established on 17 September 1980, the Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok is a global pioneer in giving the best international standard healthcare services and one of the largest private multi-speciality hospitals in South East Asia with patients coming from over 190 countries annually.
- It is a one-stop healthcare destination for all types of patients with the ability to handle complex care needs.
- It practices a one-price policy for all patients regardless of whether they are local or international patients ensuring the principle value of "care for the people."
- It is a tertiary care hospital having over 45 Centres and Clinics namely, Arrhythmia Centre, Breast Centre, Bumrungrad Robotic Surgery Centre, Children's (Paediatric) Centre, Diagnostic Radiology & Nuclear Medicine, Digestive Disease (GI) Centre, Fertility Centre & IVF Clinic, Heart (Cardiology) Centre, Orthopaedic Centre, Plastic (Cosmetic) Surgery Centre, Spine Institute and many more.
- It is the only hospital in Thailand using next-generation sequencing (NGS) technology.
- It offers many Health Packages under various departments like Mammogram and Breast Ultrasound packages, Arthroscopic Knee Surgery Packages, and Heart Disease Screening packages to mention a few.
- Being a leader in innovative patient services and medical technologies, it utilises state-of-the-art technologies like CardioInsight, a non-invasive diagnostics technology for diagnosing heart arrhythmias - the only active centre in the Asia Pacific.
- It was also the first IBM Watson - a machine-learning AI for Oncology sites in the world, enabling doctors and specialists to analyse patients' data against traditional means by a quicker and most accurate treatment possible.
- The Bumrungrad Robotic Surgery Centre uses the MAKOplasty©, Mazor X and the da Vinci System having better consistency, accuracy, and faster recovery with less invasiveness in joint, spine, and cancer surgeries.
- It is the first private hospital in Thailand to be accredited by the Healthcare Accreditation Institute, the first private hospital in Thailand to be awarded the Thailand Quality Class Award for organizational excellence, the first hospital to receive the award for Excellence in Health Tourism, receives Advanced Hospital Accreditation by the Healthcare Accreditation Institute of Thailand, and the first hospital in Asia to accredited The College of American Pathologists.
- The Hospital is JCI accredited since 2002, the first hospital in Asia to be DNV GL MIR Certified for Infection Risk in 2017, and the first non-USA hospital to receive the Global Healthcare Accreditation with Excellence designation from GHA - a reflection of the highest international quality and safety standards for overseas patients going to the hospital for treatment and care.
- It was listed as the best hospitals in Thailand for 2 consecutive years and one of the top 150 hospitals in the world in 2022.
- It has over 200 interpreters for patients whose language of communication is not English.
BNH Hospital, Bangkok
- Formerly the Bangkok Nursing Hospital, BNH Hospital is one of the leading hospitals in South East Asia and the first private international hospital in Thailand.
- Established in 1898, the hospital provides tertiary care and has been progressively offering premium medical and surgical services to enable patients to have the best treatment with international standards.
- It is an affiliated hospital of the Bangkok Dusit Medical Services (BDMS) network that provides an integrated healthcare system including knowledge, research, clinical and treatment sharing, and coordinating manpower, protocols, and operations with other regions.
- It has Joint Commission International (JCI) accreditation and Hospital Accreditation (HA) of Thailand.
- The hospital received Asian Hospital Management Awards in 2004 PR & Brand Management, The Prime Minister’s Export Awards for the Most Recognized Service in 2004, AustCham Thailand Business Awards in 2007, a hospital of choice for Australians in Thailand, and Business Excellence Award in 2007 for Best Professional Services Export Services Company.
- It has more than 25 departments and centres like the Bangkok International Fertility Centre, Breast Health Centre, Cardiometabolic Centre, Dermatology & Beauty Centre, Digestive Care Centre, ENT Centre, Gynaecology Centre, Paediatrics Centre, Shoulder & Joint Centre, Spine Centre, and Surgery & Urology Department.
- The BNH Referral Centre provides one-stop medical services for expatriates and international patients. It also has language interpretation services in various European languages like Norwegian, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Danish, Swedish, and Asian languages like Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese, Japanese, etc.
- To enhance its clinical services to offer the best treatment at the right time, it networks with leading government hospitals to combat complex diseases and find the right care.
- It operates with cutting-edge technologies like MRI, 64 Slice CT Scanner, Holter Monitor, Mammogram, and many more.
- It has the International Travel Medicine Clinic (ITMC), the only clinic in Thailand providing expert medical travel services for individual travellers.
Doctors for Urethroplasty in Thailand
UrologistConsultant, 50 years of experience
- Dr. Damrongpan Watanachote has an elaborate career of 50 years working as a prominent Urologist in Thailand.
- He is a member of the Thai Medical Council.
- Dr. Damrongpan Watanachote has completed an MBBS (1972) and MD (1981) from Tohoku University, Japan.
- He has a Diplomate in Urology (1975) from the St. Luke International Hospital, Tokyo, Japan.
- Dr. Damrongpan Watanachote has a Diplomate in General Surgery (1977) from Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand.
- He has a Fellowship in Urology (1986) from the Toronto University, Canada.
- Dr. Damrongpan Watanachote is well-versed in English, Japanese and Thai.
UrologistSenior Consultant, 36 years of experience
- Dr. Chairoj Varongchayakul is a notable Urologist with a speciality in urological or urinary tract surgery.
- He has over +36 years of experience in the medical world.
- Dr. Chairoj Varongchayakul is a member of the Thai Medical Council and the Thai Board of Urology.
- He has completed MD (1984) from Chulalongkorn University, Thailand.
- Dr. Chairoj Varongchayakul is well-versed in English and Thai.
Prof. Dr. Somboon Leungwattanakij
UrologistSenior Consultant, 33 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Somboon Leungwattanakij is a Thai Urologist with more than 33 years of expertise in the medical field.
- He is a member of the Thai Medical Council and the Thai Board of Urology Surgery.
- Prof. Dr. Somboon Leungwattanakij has several publications, journals, and articles to his name.
- He has completed MD (1988) from Ramathibodi Hospital, Thailand.
- He is trained in Urological Surgery (1994) from Ramathibodee Hospital, Thailand.
- Prof. Dr. Somboon Leungwattanakij is well-versed in English and Thai.
Before Urethroplasty - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Urethroplasty is the surgical procedure of reconstructing or replacing the urethera which has become narrow, this is standard treatment for uretheral reconstruction and it has given the best and the most durable result.
According to some studies the success rate of urethroplasty is 81% and the complication risks are very less of this procedure.
Urethroplasty is done to repair trauma, iatrogenic injuries or infections which are the common causes of uretheral injury. Urethroplasty is the treatment for urethral strictures and it has given better result in terms of recurrence.
Urethrotomy is a minimum invasive technique in which the narrow area of the urethera is being widened by cutting the scar tissue with steel blade on the other hand urethroplasty is more invasive surgery done to reconstruct the narrow area.
Most people may experience pain after surgery but the pain is not that bad. Patients are provided with painkillers to ease with pain and discomfort. Many patient do not experience any pain after surgery.
During the Urethroplasty - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Urethroplasty takes around two to five hours depending on the severity of the scar tissue and the degree of reconstruction needed.
In the process of urethroplasty the surgeon locates and remove the narrow section of urethera and then join the two healthy pieces together. In some cases when the scar segment is very long then tissues from other body parts may also be used to recreate the normal size of the urethera.
If uretheroplasty fails then there will be less healthy tissue which is used for reconstruction and the scar because the surrounding tissue for flap surgery has already been used and blood supply of the penile may be altered.
After Urethroplasty - Most Frequently Asked Questions
In some cases catheter is being replaced safely after 8 to 10 days of surgery.
Urethral structures recur within the first two years after surgery, it is very important for you to do follow up after every three to six months of the surgery and in the first year after surgery.
The adverse effect of urethroplasty of erectile dysfunction is less most patient recover from erectile function after their urethral reconstruction.
Most of the patient need to remain in hospital for one or two days after surgery, patient should reduce their activity for 2 weeks after the surgery till catheter is removed completely
Urethroplasty removes the part of urethera along with its stricture and scar tissue, if the stricture is long there must be a need for adding new tissue such as a graft from mouth or a flap of skin for reshaping the urethera.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Urologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals