Urethroplasty Cost In IndiaChat
What is Urethroplasty?
Urethroplasty is the repair of an injury or defect within the walls of the urethra. Trauma, iatrogenic injury and infections are the most common causes of urethral injury
How is the Procedure Performed?
Procedure takes about 3 hrs, Excising a short segment of urethra and sewing the ends together typically has the best long term surgical results,Stricture excision cannot be performed in the penile urethra,Penile skin flaps are good for reconstructing long strictures of the penile urethra. Penile skin flaps are versatile and are used as a patch to the narrow urethral segments. Success rates in the short term approach 80-85%
Nearly all patients are discharged either right after the surgery,full recovery takes 3-4 weeks.
Cost related to Urethroplasty in India
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Urethroplasty||Rs.88800 to Rs.118400|
|Urethral Stricture Surgery||Rs.119880 to Rs.159840|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Urethroplasty in IndiaFilter
Showing 126 Hospitals and doctors for Urethroplasty in India
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
Counted amongst the topmost urology hospitals in India, it has been performing nearly 5000 urological surgeries each year.
Several complex procedures are routinely performed including lithotripsy, percutaneous nephrolithotomy, endo-urology, TURP, laparoscopic urological surgeries, management of incontinence and erectile disorders.
There is a separate section to deal with female urology that includes recurrent urinary infection, urine leak, frequency, urgency, and urge-leak and many more.
Dr. Vipin Arora is a urologist working with the hospital for the last 14 years, having an overall experience of nearly 33 years.
He is a pioneer of robotic prostate surgery in India.
Indian Spinal Injuries Center, New Delhi
- NABH and NABL accredited, Indian Spinal Injuries Center is the most advanced Spine, Orthopaedic, Neuromuscular, Arthroscopic Surgical Center in India.
- It attends over 200,000 patients across 55 countries every year.
- Offers high quality treatment at affordable rates.
- Specializes in Spine Surgery, Orthopedics, Rheumatology, Neurology, Rehabilitation, Urology, and Plastic Surgery.
- Established in 1997, the hospital's motto is 'a patient for a patient' and provides everything that a spine injured patient would need to recover.
- With the Director of the hospital, Major HPS Ahuluwalia's vision, the government of Italy had invested 10 million American dollars in the project through San Raffaelle Hospital, Milan.
- It is the largest ever Italian collaboration in the health care sector of the country.
- Established in 1991, Manipal Hospital is the third largest healthcare network in India.
- It is NABH and NABL (ISQUA) accredited.
- It is also ISO 9001:2008 certified for all comprehensive protocols including clinical, nursing, diagnostics and allied areas.
- Manipal Hospitals have 5 branches in Bangalore: Whitefield, Brookefield, Old Airport Road, Malleshwaram and Jayanagar.
- Offers more than 60 specialties under one roof.
- Manipal Hospital Whitefield is 284-bedded inpatient facility.
- It is also accredited with the AAHRPP Accreditation (Association for the Accreditation of the Human Research Protection Programs)
- The hospital is rated the Most Patient Recommended Hospital in India by the Consumer Voice.
- It is ranked as the Best Hospital in Bangalore for the past 8 years by The Week Magazine.
- Ranked among the top 5 hospitals in “INDIA’S MOST CARING HOSPITALS” survey.
- Won the prestigious Golden Peacock National Quality Award 2005 in the Service category.
Doctors for Urethroplasty in India
UrologistSenior Consultant, 31 years of experience
- Dr. DVSLN Sharma is a well-known Urologist having 31+ years of experience.
- He holds expertise in Direct Visual Internal Urethrotomy (DVIU), Urology Consultation, Urinary Tract Infection (UTI), Testicular Surgery, and Urethrotomy.
- After completing MBBS from Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam in 1990, he pursued MS in General Surgery from Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam in 1996 followed by M.Ch. in Urology from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad in 2000.
- He is an active member of the Indian Medical Association.
- He is a recipient of several awards and recognitions.
Cost of consultation for Urethroplasty with Dr. DVSLN Sharma starts from INR 1000.
UrologistSenior Consultant, 15 years of experience
- Urologist and Robotic Prostate Surgeon with 15+ years of experience
- Established the Urology department at Fortis Escorts
- Clinical interest in Robotic Surgery for Prostate Cancer, Laser Surgery for Enlarged Prostate, Laser Treatment of Kidney and Bladder Stone and Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction including Penile Implant
- Received the E.C.F.M.G Certificate from USA and holds an unrestricted license to practice Urology and Medicine at Florida
- Adept at treating Prostate Diseases including Benign and Cancerous Prostate Enlargement
- Previously received Fellowship in Endourology and Robotic Surgery, Jackson Health System, Miami, Florida, USA.
- Completed Non-Scalpel Vasectomy Training Course, Lok Nayak Hospital, New Delhi, (December 2006) and Online Basic Urologic Ultrasound course, Organized by the American Urology Association in 2010
- Member of prestigious organizations like Urology Society of India, Indian Medical Association, American Urology Association, American Medical Association and Rotary Club, New Delhi
Cost of consultation for Urethroplasty with Dr. Ashish Sabharwal starts from INR 1500.
UrologistConsultant, 13 years of experience
- Dr. Rahul Gupta is a consultant Urologist having 13+ years of experience in the related field.
- He is a JIPMER alumnus and completed his Urology MCh in 2013.
- His surgical skills include Endourology, Uro-Oncology and Reconstructive Urology.
- Dr. Rahul Gupta has vast practising experience in the field of Urology. His past experience includes working in the Urology department in PGIMER, R.M.L. Hospital and BMHRC Bhopal.
- His special interest lies in Renal Transplant, Andrology and Minimally Invasive Surgery.
Cost of consultation for Urethroplasty with Dr. Rahul Gupta starts from INR 800.
Before Urethroplasty - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Urethroplasty is the surgical procedure of reconstructing or replacing the urethera which has become narrow, this is standard treatment for uretheral reconstruction and it has given the best and the most durable result.
According to some studies the success rate of urethroplasty is 81% and the complication risks are very less of this procedure.
Urethroplasty is done to repair trauma, iatrogenic injuries or infections which are the common causes of uretheral injury. Urethroplasty is the treatment for urethral strictures and it has given better result in terms of recurrence.
Urethrotomy is a minimum invasive technique in which the narrow area of the urethera is being widened by cutting the scar tissue with steel blade on the other hand urethroplasty is more invasive surgery done to reconstruct the narrow area.
Most people may experience pain after surgery but the pain is not that bad. Patients are provided with painkillers to ease with pain and discomfort. Many patient do not experience any pain after surgery.
During the Urethroplasty - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Urethroplasty takes around two to five hours depending on the severity of the scar tissue and the degree of reconstruction needed.
In the process of urethroplasty the surgeon locates and remove the narrow section of urethera and then join the two healthy pieces together. In some cases when the scar segment is very long then tissues from other body parts may also be used to recreate the normal size of the urethera.
If uretheroplasty fails then there will be less healthy tissue which is used for reconstruction and the scar because the surrounding tissue for flap surgery has already been used and blood supply of the penile may be altered.
After Urethroplasty - Most Frequently Asked Questions
In some cases catheter is being replaced safely after 8 to 10 days of surgery.
Urethral structures recur within the first two years after surgery, it is very important for you to do follow up after every three to six months of the surgery and in the first year after surgery.
The adverse effect of urethroplasty of erectile dysfunction is less most patient recover from erectile function after their urethral reconstruction.
Most of the patient need to remain in hospital for one or two days after surgery, patient should reduce their activity for 2 weeks after the surgery till catheter is removed completely
Urethroplasty removes the part of urethera along with its stricture and scar tissue, if the stricture is long there must be a need for adding new tissue such as a graft from mouth or a flap of skin for reshaping the urethera.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Urologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals