Urethral Stricture Surgery Cost In South AfricaChat
Are you planning Urethral Stricture Surgery in South Africa?
You are at the right place
Case manager will help you with budget friendly treatment plan, online consult with doctor, visa, airport transfers, hotel bookings, interpreters…and more.
Top hospitals and doctors for Urethral Stricture Surgery in South AfricaFilter
Showing 31 Hospitals and doctors for Urethral Stricture Surgery in South Africa
- Cormed Clinic was established by Dr Corrie Lategan in October 1992 as a private hospital with shareholders and directors managing the company.
- It is one of the leading hospitals in the industrial city of Vanderbijlpark, South Africa.
- It was originally a day clinic but gradually offers medical, general surgery, obstetrics, and after-hours consultation services.
- The Clinic has an X-Ray department, Laboratory, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Gastroscopy Clinic, Maternity and Medical Wards.
- It is known for its friendly and personal services with highly trained nurses, administrators, and housekeeping staff who are dedicated to providing care and support to every patient.
- Life Rosepark Hospital is part of the Life Healthcare group of hospitals that is dedicated to the well-being of patients with quality care and world-class facilities.
- The Hospital has over 20 specialised medical and surgical departments like Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, ENT, Endoscopic Surgery, Gynaecology & Obstetrics, General Surgery, Gastroenterology, Maxillofacial surgery, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Oncology & Clinical Radiation, Orthopaedics, Paediatrics, Paediatric Surgery, Reconstructive & Plastic Surgery, and Urology to mention some of them.
- Equipped with modern and sophisticated facilities, it has the latest diagnostic and monitoring technologies that reflect the high standard of quality and care it adopts.
- Busamed Modderfontein Private Hospital is part of an award-winning South African Busamed private hospital group that offers quality, cost-effective, and innovative services with a friendly, safe, and caring environment.
- It is particularly known for its advanced Orthopaedic and Oncology Centre.
- It also specialises in comprehensive departments such as Adult & Paediatric Cardiology, Cardio-thoracic Surgery, ENT Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Gynaecology & Reproductive Medicine, General Medicine, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Maxillo-Facial & Oral Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Paediatrics, Paediatric Intensivist, Paediatric Surgery, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Sports Medicine and many more.
- To get the best treatment and outcome for patients, the Hospital is equipped with modern technologies and equipment like PET, MRI, Ultrasound, Bone Densitometry, General and Specialised Radiology, and Mammography.
- Additionally, the Hospital has supplementary services like Audiology, Dietician, Occupational Therapy, Pathology, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Orthotist/Prosthetist, Renal Dialysis, and Speech Therapy.
Doctors for Urethral Stricture Surgery in South Africa
EndourologistConsultant, 10 years of experience
- Dr. Kent Pluke Specialist urological surgeon in South Africa.
- He Focused on medical conditions related to the genito-urinary system.
- The doctor completed his Graduation and Postgradute degree from University of Cape Town.
- His Special area of interest in endo-urology.
- He has various national and international publications under his name.
UrologistConsultant, 12 years of experience
- Dr. S.G. de Jager is one of the famous Urologist in Cape Town.
- He completed his undergraduate training at Pretoria University in 2006.
- Dr. de Jager has a passion for urology that stems from his introduction to the field during his undergraduate training in Pretoria.
- His gravitation towards urology eventually lead him to the steps of Table Mountain where he was accepted into the University of Cape Town’s (UCT) urology specialist training programme in 2013.
- His area of expertise is Vasectomy, Circumcision, Kidney Stones - Workup and Management, Bladder Stones - Workup and Management and Prostate Cancer - Screening, Diagnosis and Management.
- He is also specialized in Minimally Invasive Surgical Options (Laparoscopic Surgery), Female Urology and Paediatric Urology.
UrologistConsultant, 13 years of experience
- Dr. Brighton Mashava is a renowned Urologist in South Africa.
- He has been practicing for the past 13 years and has gained skills and expertise.
- His areas of specialization are Oncology, Male Sexual Health, etc.
- He did MBChB from the University of Limpopo in 2009 and FC in Urololgy from Colleges of Medicine, South Africa in 2019.
- He is recommended by many patients because of his friendly behavior.
Before Urethral Stricture Surgery - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Urethral stricture surgery is the process of narrowing the section of your urethra or enlarging it, this process also involves the reconstruction of the surrounding tissues from other body areas such as your skin or mouth which can also be used as a graft during the process of reconstruction.
Signs and symptoms of urethral stricture includes decrease in urine stream, incomplete bladder emptying, straining or pain during urination, urinary tract infection and increase urge to urinate more frequently.
The main cause of urethral stricture surgery is the formation of scar tissue inside the urethra which can be due to intermittent or long term use of tube being inserted through urethra to drain bladder, trauma of injury to the urethra or pelvis, an enlarged prostate or previous surgery to remove or reduce an enlarged prostate gland, cancer of the urthera or prostate, sexually transmitted infections and radiation therapy.
Urethral Stricture if not treated will cause some serious problem such as bladder and kidney damage and the infections caused by obstruction of urine flow and poor ejaculation and infertility in men.
If there is bleeding from urethra it means that the scar was torn and the stricture will soon worsened, the long term success and the recurrence rate of the procedure is high and if the dilatation is discontinued the structure will occur again.
Urethroplasty is done for removing the part of the urethra along with the stricture and scar tissue and if the stricture is long then there will be the need of adding a new tissue such as graft from mouth or a flap from skin for reshaping the urethra.
During the Urethral Stricture Surgery - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Urethral stricture surgery will take around three to six hours to complete.
Urethral stricture surgery is being done by an urologist.
In this procedure a thin optical device (cystoscope) into the urethra and then instrument is being inserted through the cystoscope to remove the stricture or vaporize it with a laser.
After Urethral Stricture Surgery - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Most people can recover immediately after the procedure but swelling will take few weeks to subside. You have to limit your activity till your activity till drain from the penis is being removed; pain will subside in the first week of surgery.
It will take around three months to year for a urethral stricture to mature during that time you have to urinate through a new opening behind the stricture.
They will have less healthy tissue to be used for reconstruction and they may have denser and more extensive scars. There may be some alteration in penile blood supply.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Urologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals