Turp Cost In MalaysiaChat
Turp in Malaysia
Popular Cities in Malaysia for Turp are:
Are you planning Turp in Malaysia?
You are at the right place
Case manager will help you with budget friendly treatment plan, online consult with doctor, visa, airport transfers, hotel bookings, interpreters…and more.
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Turp
What is Transurethral Resection in the Prostate (TURP)?
Before and after image of TURP treatment.
Causes for TURP surgery.
Treatment for TURP.
The treatment procedure for TURP.
Doctors for Turp in Malaysia
NephrologistConsultant, 23 years of experience
- Dr. Murali Sundram is a skilled Urologist in Malaysia with over 23 years of expertise.
- He specializes in Cystectomy, General Urology Procedures, Partial Nephrectomy, Paediatric, Prostatectomy, Pyeloplasty, Radical Nephrectomy.
- He is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Australia).
- Dr. Murali Sundram has several publications, journals and articles to his name.
- He has completed an MBBS from the University of Malaya, Malaysia.
- He has a Fellowship in Paediatric Urology from the Women's and Children's Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia.
- He has done Fellowship in Adult Urological from the Royal Adelaide Hospital, South Australia.
- He has a Robotic Fellowship from the Severance Hospital (University of Yonsei, South Korea).
- He has obtained FRCS from Edinburgh and Glasgow, UK.
- Dr. Murali Sundram is well-versed in Bahasa Malaysia, Tamil and English.
Before Turp - Most Frequently Asked Questions
TURP is Transurethral resection of the prostate. It is used to treat urinary problems that are caused by an enlarged prostate. It is generally considered for men.
In this surgery, an instrument called a resectoscope is inserted through the tip of your penis and into the tube that carries urine from your bladder. With the help of a resectoscope, the doctor sees and cuts away excess prostate tissue that's blocking urine flow.
Yes, TURP is major surgery with serious risks and potential complications. If your condition is severe, then only you have to go for the surgery. Otherwise, you may have less invasive treatment options.
You must not eat, drink, or smoke for 6 hours before surgery to prepare for the anesthesia. If you are taking any specific medication, discuss it with your doctor.
Before your surgery, you have to empty your bowels with an enema or laxative. Your doctor will guide you on how to do this.
During the Turp - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The TURP procedure takes about 60 to 90 minutes to perform, depending on how much of your prostate needs to be removed.
Your doctor will give either general anesthesia, which means you will be unconscious or spinal anesthesia, which means you will be conscious during the procedure. To prevent infection, your doctor might also give you a dose of antibiotics.
The complications with a TURP surgery include:
Temporary loss of bladder control
Urinary tract infections
Narrowing of the urethra
You will not feel any severe pain, but there may be some discomfort and bladder spasms from the catheter.
If you will have a spinal anesthetic, it means you'll be awake during the procedure but won't be able to feel anything below your waist.
After Turp - Most Frequently Asked Questions
You have to stay in the hospital for one or two days after the surgery.
You should avoid having foods that cause gas, such as beans, broccoli, cauliflower, onions, and cabbage. For the first few days after the surgery, you should eat light foods.
No, you should avoid doing any strenuous activity or heavy lifting for at least a month after your surgery.
No, you can not. You should avoid driving until your catheter is removed or you are no longer taking prescribed pain medicines.
Usually, it is safe to return to your daily routine 1 to 2 weeks after TURP procedures and to strenuous activities after 1 to 2 months.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals