Transarterial Chemoembolization Tace Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Transarterial Chemoembolization Tace?
Transarterial chemoembolization or TACE Chemotherapy uses anti-cancer (cytotoxic) drugs to destroy cancer cells. This process is used to treat liver cancer but may also be used in patients whose cancer has spread to other areas of the body. It may be used as a standalone treatment or combined with surgery, ablation, chemotherapy, or radiation therapy depending on the number and type of cancers. Cancers that may be treated by TACE are:
- Primary liver cancer
- Colon cancer
- Breast cancer
- Ocular melanoma, etc.
You may be given a medication called Allopurinol, which may help protect the kidneys from the chemotherapy and the byproducts produced by the dying tumor cells.
The patient can feel a slight pinch when the nurse or technologist inserts a needle into their vein for the IV line to inject the local anesthetic.
The patient can leave the hospital within 48 hours after the procedure and resume their activities within a week.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In this procedure, x-ray equipment, a catheter, and embolic agents are used. The procedure is usually completed within 90 minutes.
Who is the Right Doctor for Transarterial Chemoembolization Tace?
This procedure is performed by a highly-trained interventional radiologist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
Patients can see improvement in the liver depending on the type of liver cancer. This procedure can improve the quality of life.
CT or MRI will be performed every three months after the procedure to determine how much the tumors shrink and to see if any new tumors arise in the liver.
The cost of Transarterial Chemoembolization includes:
- Pre-treatment tests (A review of the patient's medical and family history for diseases, ECG, 2D echo ultrasound, CT and MRI scans of the abdomen, Laboratory tests, and angiography in some cases)
- TACE Surgery Procedure
- Treatment costs include medication costs (radiotherapy, CTRT, Chemotherapy drugs including Allopurinol) and administration costs
- Number of follow-up sessions
- Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Type of hospital and room opted (General, twin sharing, or single room)
- Complications, if they occur (Allopurinol side effects include joint stiffness or swelling, ankle, knee, or great toe joint pain, a rash with flat lesions or small raised lesions on the skin, etc.)
- An extended stay at the hospital, if required
- Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Transarterial Chemoembolization Tace in United Arab Emirates
Popular Cities in United-arab-emirates for Transarterial Chemoembolization Tace are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Transarterial Chemoembolization Tace in United Arab EmiratesFilter
Showing 25 Hospitals and doctors for Transarterial Chemoembolization Tace in United Arab Emirates
Prime Hospital, Dubai
- Prime Hospital, Dubai is a multi-speciality hospital set up in 1999 that is now counted among the leading healthcare facilities in the United Arab Emirates.
- The hospital has been accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI) in 2016 and by the Australian Council on Healthcare Standards (ACHS) in 2019.
- Prime Hospital, Dubai offers treatments in +30 departments, has a capacity of 100 beds and is equipped with the latest medical and surgical equipments.
- The hospital's other infrastructure includes, an adult ICU, an emergency ward, state-of-the-art pathology and catheterisation lab, neonatal and pediatric ICU, maternity and pediatric floors, a day surgery unit and a family clinic.
- Prime Hospital, Dubai has an expert team of surgeons and doctors. Its medical staff is also highly trained and follows safety standards that are at par with those in other parts of the world.
- The hospital has been constructed in accordance with the American Institute of Architects Hospital Architecture (AIA) guidelines and as per international quality accreditation standards.
- The hospital offers special offers for payment without charging interest.
- Prime Hospital, Dubai offers Prime Homecare, an offering of diagnostic and medical services for those confined to homes. These are provided by a licensed team from the hospital who are as competent in delivering the services.
- The hospital premises are aesthetically done, spacious and well-lit. It has a spacious lounge.
- The hospital offers deluxe and premier stay options. It has a cafeteria too.
Saudi German Hospital, Dubai
- The Saudi German Hospital, Dubai belongs to one of the largest private healthcare hospital groups known as the Saudi German Hospital (SGH) Group in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). The SGH Group is a trusted leading healthcare services provider in MENA.
- It is a multi-speciality hospital that provides tertiary care in Dubai and UAE.
- It provides a one-stop medical facilities and packages for international patients.
- Its popular procedures include Eye Surgery, GI Surgery, Joint Replacement Surgery, Cancer Treatment, Spine Surgery, Weight Loss Surgery, Heart Surgery, Cosmetic Surgery, Uro Surgery, and Neurosurgery.
- It is the first hospital in UAE to receive Trauma cases with the Dubai Ambulance office established in the premises.
- The Hospital's management of high quality with international standard is evident through its several international accreditations like JCI, CAP, ISO 9001: 2015 on Quality Management System and ISO 14001: 2015 on Environmental Management System.
- It received a Gold Certification for Patient Centered Care Excellence from Planetree International-USA.
- Its Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation also received an accreditation from CARF International (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities).
- It has a partnership with numerous insurance agencies such as Axa, Amity, Daman, MSH International, Oman etc.
Lifecare Hospital, Musaffah
- Lifecare Hospital at Musaffah in Abu Dhabi is an accredited hospital that provides cost-effective healthcare services without compromising quality medical and surgical care.
- It is a multispecialty hospital with 21 Departments offering Cardiology, Pulmonology, Dermatology, Neurology and Neurosciences, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Gastroenterology etc.
- It is a customer centric hospital that gives personalised care with dedicated physicians and medical staff to meet the growing needs of the people in UAE.
- It constantly innovates and keeps abreast of the latest developments in the healthcare sector and adopt best practices with world class technologies and infrastructure to cater the best to the patients.
- Its quality services is evident through the JCI Accreditation received in 2015 and ISO 9001:2015 Certiifcation in 2016.
- It has a partnership with insurances like Oman, Daman, Amity, Nextcare etc.
Doctors for Transarterial Chemoembolization Tace in United Arab Emirates
Radiation OncologistConsultant, 16 years of experience
- With 16+ years of experience, Dr. Sai Babu Jonnada is one of the best Radiation Oncologists in UAE.
- Dr. Sai specializes in chemotherapy, immunotherapy and biological therapies.
- He is a member of the General Medical Council, the Royal College of Physicians, the Royal College of Radiologists, the British Uro-Oncology Group, the British Sarcoma Group, the European Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology, the Indian Medical Council and the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- Dr. Sai has several international publications, essays, and presentations to his name.
- He has done MBBS (2002) from the prestigious college of India.
- Dr. Sai later did M.Sc. (Oncology, 2014) from the Institute of cancer research, London.
- He did a fellowship from the Royal College of Radiologists (FRCR), UK (2014).
- He has a Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) in Clinical Oncology, UK (2015).
- Dr. Sai is well-versed in Hindi and English.
Dr. Ibrahim Husni Mohd Abugheida
Radiation OncologistConsultant, 10 years of experience
- Dr. Ibrahim Husni Mohd Abugheida is a well-respected Radiation Oncologist possessing more than 10 years of experience.
- He holds expertise in treating disorders related to the breast, gastrointestinal, genitourinary, thoracic, CNS tumors, and benign & functional diseases.
- After completing his MD in 2012, he acquired residency in Internal Medicine and Radiation Oncology at the American university of Beirut Medical Center where he joined as a Chief Resident in 2017.
- In 2018, he achieved his clinical fellowship in the advanced radiation oncology department from Cleveland Clinic Ohio, USA followed by his second clinical fellowship in advanced radiation oncology from the University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Huston, Texas, USA.
- He is professionally affiliated with the VPS/Burjeel Hospital Institutional Review Board (IRB) Committee, the American Society of Radiation Oncology, and the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- He is a licensed physician to treat malignant, benign, or functional diseases that require radiation therapy.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals