Transarterial Chemoembolization Tace Cost In MalaysiaChat
What is Transarterial Chemoembolization Tace?
Transarterial chemoembolization or TACE Chemotherapy uses anti-cancer (cytotoxic) drugs to destroy cancer cells. This process is used to treat liver cancer but may also be used in patients whose cancer has spread to other areas of the body. It may be used as a standalone treatment or combined with surgery, ablation, chemotherapy, or radiation therapy depending on the number and type of cancers. Cancers that may be treated by TACE are:
- Primary liver cancer
- Colon cancer
- Breast cancer
- Ocular melanoma, etc.
You may be given a medication called Allopurinol, which may help protect the kidneys from the chemotherapy and the byproducts produced by the dying tumor cells.
The patient can feel a slight pinch when the nurse or technologist inserts a needle into their vein for the IV line to inject the local anesthetic.
The patient can leave the hospital within 48 hours after the procedure and resume their activities within a week.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In this procedure, x-ray equipment, a catheter, and embolic agents are used. The procedure is usually completed within 90 minutes.
Who is the Right Doctor for Transarterial Chemoembolization Tace?
This procedure is performed by a highly-trained interventional radiologist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
Patients can see improvement in the liver depending on the type of liver cancer. This procedure can improve the quality of life.
CT or MRI will be performed every three months after the procedure to determine how much the tumors shrink and to see if any new tumors arise in the liver.
The cost of Transarterial Chemoembolization includes:
- Pre-treatment tests (A review of the patient's medical and family history for diseases, ECG, 2D echo ultrasound, CT and MRI scans of the abdomen, Laboratory tests, and angiography in some cases)
- TACE Surgery Procedure
- Treatment costs include medication costs (radiotherapy, CTRT, Chemotherapy drugs including Allopurinol) and administration costs
- Number of follow-up sessions
- Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Type of hospital and room opted (General, twin sharing, or single room)
- Complications, if they occur (Allopurinol side effects include joint stiffness or swelling, ankle, knee, or great toe joint pain, a rash with flat lesions or small raised lesions on the skin, etc.)
- An extended stay at the hospital, if required
- Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Transarterial Chemoembolization Tace in Malaysia
Popular Cities in Malaysia for Transarterial Chemoembolization Tace are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Transarterial Chemoembolization Tace in MalaysiaFilter
Showing 22 Hospitals and doctors for Transarterial Chemoembolization Tace in Malaysia
Pantai Hospital Penang
Pantai Hospital Penang is one of the many hospitals owned by the Pantai Group, a leading healthcare services provider in Malaysia.
The Hospital specialises in Neurology and Cardiology besides having excellent medical and patient care in departments like Oncology, ENT, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedic Surgery, Paediatrics, Renal Medicines, Urology and others.
It has three Centres of Excellence namely, the Cancer Centre, Heart Centre, and Stroke Centre.
It is accredited by the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) that is under the Ministry of Health.
It is supported by cutting edge medical and surgical technologies like 160-Slice CT Scan, 64-Slice CT Scan, Bone Densitometer (DEXA), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Mammography, Ultrasonography to mention a few.
The Hospital also has an International Patient Centre that will assist international patients from appointment to discharge along with complimentary chauffeured services to hotels or accommodations in Penang.
It also offers a choice of Health Screening Packages for both men and women.
Gleneagles Hospital Kota Kinabalu
- Gleneagles Hospital Kota Kinabalu is the first international tertiary care hospital in the city of Kota Kinabalu, Sabah and is one of the five Gleneagles Hospitals in Malaysia.
- It offers world-class healthcare and has the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) accreditation.
- It has comprehensive medical and surgical procedures like Bariatric Surgery, ENT, Gastroenterology, Hand & Micro Surgery, Hepatobiliary Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery, Neonatology, Neurosurgery, Neurology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Paediatric Cardiology, Paediatric Neurology, Oncology, Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Their Cardiovascular and Lung Centre and Brain and Nerve Centre are known for their advanced medical technologies and procedures being equipped with specialised services and integrated in-house team.
- Besides the aforementioned Centres, it also has an Orthopaedic & Spine Centre and Women & Children Care Centre which are all part of the "Centre of Excellence".
- The Hospital also has Clinical and Diagnostic Sevices such as Health Screening Service, LASIK Surgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery, and Radiology & Imaging Services.
- It has an international patient team that assist in doctor's appointment, emergency and non-emergency services, air evacuation and repatriation (worldwide), flight arrangements, visa, accommodations, airport transfer with ambulance/limousine, cost estimation, language interpretation, special diets, and local sightseeing.
Pantai Hospital, Ampang
- With almost 20 years of medical and surgical care, the Pantai Hospital, Ampang offers excellent medical and surgical expertise with the latest high-end technologies.
- Being part of the Pantai Group - a well-known provider of healthcare services, it specialises in Cardiology, Orthopaedic Surgery, Otorhinolaryngology (ENT), Ophthalmology, Paediatrics, Gastroenterology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Renal Medicine, Internal Medicine and Respiratory Medicine.
- It has well-equipped Imaging and Radiology Services providing 24/7 services which include services such as Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), CT scan, Mammography, Ultrasound, Image intensifier, Fluropscopy etc.
- The Hospital also offers Health Screening Packages, Cardiac (Angio) Packages, Maternity Packages, and a Corporate Wellness Programme.
Doctors for Transarterial Chemoembolization Tace in Malaysia
Radiation OncologistConsultant, 15 years of experience
- With 15 years of experience, Dr Ina Shaliny is a certified Radiation Oncologist in Malaysia.
- She is skilled in Chemotherapy, Targeted therapy, Hormonal therapy, Immunotherapy, Radiotherapy and Brachytherapy treatments.
- She is a member of the European Society of Medical Oncology, the Malaysian Oncology Society, the Malaysian Medical Association and the Academy of Medicine, Malaysia.
- Dr Ina Shaliny earned her MBBS (2005) from the International Medical University, Malaysia.
- She received an M.Med degree (2018) from the University of Malaya, Malaysia.
- Dr Ina Shaliny is the author of several publications and articles.
Radiation OncologistSenior Consultant, 22 years of experience
- Dr Mastura MD Yusof is a qualified Radiation Oncologist with more than 22 years of clinical experience.
- Her specialisations include fundamental palliative care, biological treatment, cancer pain management, chemotherapy-based pleurodesis, conformal radiotherapy, conventional radiotherapy, high-dose rate brachytherapy, hormone therapy, immunotherapy, and intensive modulated radiotherapy.
- She is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the European Society for Therapeutic Radiotherapy and Oncology, the European Society of Medical Oncology, the Malaysian Oncology Society, the Malaysian Medical Association and the Academy of Medicine, Malaysia.
- Dr Mastura MD Yusof obtained her MBBS (1998) and Master in Clinical Oncology (2009) from the University of Malaya, Malaysia.
- Dr Mastura MD Yusof is the author of several publications and articles.
Radiation OncologistConsultant, 22 years of experience
- Dr. Francis Chin Kuok Choon is a reputed and well-known Radiation Oncologist in Kuala Lumpur.
- He has 22 years of extensive experience in his field.
- His expertise spans a range of cancers such as gastrointestinal cancer, soft tissue sarcoma, with a special interest in gynecological conditions and pediatrics.
- He did MBBS from the National University of Singapore in 1999, MSc in Radiation Biology with distinction, and FRCR in Clinical Oncology from Royal College of Radiologists in 2006.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals