Tracheostomy Cost In MalaysiaChat
What is Tracheostomy?
Tracheostomy is a surgical procedure to create an opening in the neck to place a tube into the windpipe. This procedure could be temporary or permanent.
How is the Procedure Performed?
During Tracheostomy, the surgeon makes an incision on the anterior aspect of the neck to open a direct airway in the trachea. Now, the surgeon inserts a tube through the cut made in the neck below the vocal cords to allow the air to enter into the lungs.
Who is the Right Doctor for Tracheostomy?
An ENT specialist who has expertise in performing surgical procedures is the right doctor to consult for Tracheostomy.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate following Tracheostomy is reported to be above 90%.
In case of the removal of the Tracheostomy tube, the wound takes one to two weeks to heal.
The cost of Tracheostomy Surgery includes the following:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost (Bronchoscopy or Biopsy may be done to evaluate the spine)
Type of Surgery (Surgical tracheostomy or Minimally invasive tracheostomy)
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Medicine cost (anti-inflammatory, painkillers, etc.)
Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or Single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as Bleeding or infection)
Cost of blood products (if required)
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Tracheostomy in Malaysia
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Tracheostomy||USD 1467 to USD 1793|
Tracheostomy in Malaysia
Popular Cities in Malaysia for Tracheostomy are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Tracheostomy in MalaysiaFilter
Showing 22 Hospitals and doctors for Tracheostomy in Malaysia
Gleneagles Hospital, Kuala Lumpur
- Gleneagles Hospital, Kuala Lumpur is one of the leading hospitals in Malaysia accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI), the highest international quality accreditation in terms of patient safety and health care services.
- Established in 1996, the hospital is delivering healthcare and excellence for over 25 years.
- The Hospital is particularly known for its Cardiology, Oncology, and Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery.
- It provides comprehensive medical and surgical procedures such as Bariatric Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, ENT, Hepatobiliary Surgery, Neurosurgery, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Breast Surgery to mention a few.
- Gleneagles Hospital has one of the most advanced technologies like Gamma Knife and Da Vinci Si Surgery System.
- A well-equipped Imaging Department like Ultrasound Examination, Computed Tomography Scan (C.T. Scan), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Fluoroscopy, Angiography, Non-vascular Interventional Radiology, Mammography, Bone Mineral Densitometry, and General Radiography.
- The Hospital also received several awards namely, the 'International Hospital of the Year,' and 'Highly Commended for Excellence in Customer Service' award from the prestigious International Medical Travel Journal in 2018. It also received the 'Best Health Screening Provider in Asia Pacific' by the Global Health and Travel Awards 2019.
- Several services are provided for international patients such as Visa, flight booking, airport transfer, accommodation, air evacuation & repatriation, doctor referral and appointment, cost estimation, emergency care, and sightseeing.
Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur
- Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur is a premier healthcare hospital that has been serving people from all over the world for 47 years.
- It is a one-stop integrated healthcare provider that specialises particularly in Oncology, Cardiology, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Orthopaedics, and Paediatrics.
- Besides this, it has many medical and surgical departments like Gastroenterology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Radiology & Interventional Radiology, Urology, Fertility Services – IVF, and Cranio-Facial Surgery.
- It is supported by cutting-edge technologies like Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computerised Tomography (CT) scan, PET-CT, Mammography, Fluoroscopy, Ultrasound, Image intensifier, Bone densitometry, Orthopantomography and other interventional procedures.
- It has the prestigious JCI accreditation along with a certification by the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH). It is also a certified Baby-Friendly Hospital.
- The International Patient Centre (IPC) is available to assist international patients from admission to discharge along with airport transfers.
Pantai Hospital Penang
Pantai Hospital Penang is one of the many hospitals owned by the Pantai Group, a leading healthcare services provider in Malaysia.
The Hospital specialises in Neurology and Cardiology besides having excellent medical and patient care in departments like Oncology, ENT, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedic Surgery, Paediatrics, Renal Medicines, Urology and others.
It has three Centres of Excellence namely, the Cancer Centre, Heart Centre, and Stroke Centre.
It is accredited by the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) that is under the Ministry of Health.
It is supported by cutting edge medical and surgical technologies like 160-Slice CT Scan, 64-Slice CT Scan, Bone Densitometer (DEXA), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Mammography, Ultrasonography to mention a few.
The Hospital also has an International Patient Centre that will assist international patients from appointment to discharge along with complimentary chauffeured services to hotels or accommodations in Penang.
It also offers a choice of Health Screening Packages for both men and women.
Doctors for Tracheostomy in Malaysia
Obesity and Bariatric SurgeonConsultant, 20 years of experience
- Dr. Kirubakaran A/L Malapan is a skilled Bariatric Surgeon in Penang, practising for over 20 years.
- He has been awarded the Certificate of Excellence by the Ministry of Health, Malaysia, (APC) - 2002, 2008, 2015.
- He is an experienced clinician in General Surgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Breast Surgery, Endocrine Surgery, Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery and Nutrition & Metabolism.
- He is the co-founder of Penang Weight Loss Clinic & Surgery, which specializes in the Multidisciplinary Team approach for managing people living with obesity (PLWO) and their medical conditions.
- He is a member of the Academy of Medicine of Malaysia (AMM), the Malaysian Medical Association (MMA), the Parenteral & Enteral Nutrition Society of Malaysia (PENSMA), the Hernia Society of India (HSI), India, the Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS) and more.
- Dr. Kirubakaran A/L Malapan has several publications, journals, and articles to his name.
- He has completed an MBBS (2000) from Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), Karnataka, India.
- He did MS (2008) from University Sains Malaysia (USM).
- He obtained a Fellowship (Breast & Endocrine Surgery, 2014) from Malaysia, a Fellowship (Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery, 2013) from Taiwan and a Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery (FMAS) from India.
- Dr. Kirubakaran A/L Malapan is well-versed in English, Bahasa Melayu and Tamil.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Obesity and Bariatric Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Tracheostomy in other countries, compared to Malaysia?
Approximate price of Tracheostomy in other countries compared to Malaysia is:
- India, USD 652 to USD 978, approximately 50% lower than Malaysia