Tracheostomy Cost In GermanyChat
What is Tracheostomy?
Tracheostomy is a surgical procedure to create an opening in the neck to place a tube into the windpipe. This procedure could be temporary or permanent.
How is the Procedure Performed?
During Tracheostomy, the surgeon makes an incision on the anterior aspect of the neck to open a direct airway in the trachea. Now, the surgeon inserts a tube through the cut made in the neck below the vocal cords to allow the air to enter into the lungs.
Who is the Right Doctor for Tracheostomy?
An ENT specialist who has expertise in performing surgical procedures is the right doctor to consult for Tracheostomy.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate following Tracheostomy is reported to be above 90%.
In case of the removal of the Tracheostomy tube, the wound takes one to two weeks to heal.
The cost of Tracheostomy Surgery includes the following:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost (Bronchoscopy or Biopsy may be done to evaluate the spine)
Type of Surgery (Surgical tracheostomy or Minimally invasive tracheostomy)
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Medicine cost (anti-inflammatory, painkillers, etc.)
Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or Single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as Bleeding or infection)
Cost of blood products (if required)
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Tracheostomy in GermanyFilter
Showing 32 Hospitals and doctors for Tracheostomy in Germany
Vivantes Hospital Group
- The Vivantes Hospital Group is one of the largest state-owned healthcare companies operating around 100 medical departments and institutions, rehabilitation centers, 40 centers of excellence, primary healthcare facilities, 12 nursing facilities, and other outpatient and inpatient healthcare facilities in Berlin, Germany
- The Vivantes Hospital Group was founded in 2001 and the company runs 10 hospitals with a total capacity of nearly 6,000 beds and more than 17,000 employees, 2,300 of which are physicians.
- The Hospitals treat nearly 2,35,622 inpatients and 3,22,503 outpatients per year.
- An exceptional foreign department was established to assist all queries of international patients.
- It is the biggest state-owned hospital group in Berlin providing hospital care for about a third of patients in the city seeking inpatient care.
- Vivantes Clinic August-Victoria received the status of "Baby-friendly hospital" and Vivantes Humboldt and Vivantes Friedrichshain clinics were awarded the UNICEF Quality Awards.
- The tumor center of Vivantes consists of three cancer centers in the north, south, and in the center of Berlin. All three cancer centers are certified by the German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO).
- The Federation for Environmental Protection and Nature Conservation of Germany (Bund Berlin) awarded the Vivantes Neukolln clinic status "Energy Saving Hospital".
St. Martinus Hospital, Dusseldorf
- St. Martinus Hospital in Düsseldorf has a capacity of 209 beds and around 8,441 medical cases are treated in the specialized departments every year.
- The hospital was established in 1893 and has accreditation of ISO 9001 as it maintained the quality standards of the highest medical order.
- The high level of medical competence offered at the hospital is continually claimed by the various certifications and awards granted by the German authorities.
- The hospital includes various specialized departments such as general surgery, internal medicine, geriatrics, ophthalmology, anesthesia & intensive care medicine, trauma surgery, obesity & bariatric, diabetes, etc.
- The modern devices in the radiology department offer modern Big Bore CT with an 85-centimeter opening, a 1.5 Tesla magnetic resonance tomograph (MRT) with an opening of 70 centimeters, and a digital X-ray system.
- The hospital also provides personal assistance and translator services that deals with patients in their local language and help them throughout the process.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Obesity and Bariatric Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals