Tlif Surgery Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
Popular Cities in United-arab-emirates for Tlif Surgery are
Are you planning Tlif Surgery in United Arab Emirates?
You are at the right place
Case manager will help you with budget friendly treatment plan, online consult with doctor, visa, airport transfers, hotel bookings, interpreters…and more.
Highly rated. Serviced 25,000+ patients from 100+ countries.
Help Us With Patient Details
Popular Cities in United-arab-emirates for Tlif Surgery are
Showing 25 Hospitals and doctors for Tlif Surgery in United Arab EmiratesFilter
- 209 Number of beds
- The Burjeel hospital, Dubai was established in 2007 by the renowned Dr. Shamsheer Vayalil in collaboration with Dr. Samih Tarabichi.
- It has received numerous awards, to name few, it was awarded as the Best Asian Healthcare Brand by The Economic Times, Awarded the Best Laboratory design by Hospital Buil... Read More
- 100 Number of beds
- Prime Hospital, Dubai is a multi-speciality hospital set up in 1999 that is now counted among the leading healthcare facilities in the United Arab Emirates.
- The hospital has been accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI) in 2016 and by the Australian Council on Healthcare Standards (ACHS) in 2019.
- Prime... Read More
- 200 Number of beds
- Lifecare Hospital at Musaffah in Abu Dhabi is an accredited hospital that provides cost-effective healthcare services without compromising quality medical and surgical care.
- It is a multispecialty hospital with 21 Departments offering Cardiology, Pulmonology, Dermatology, Neurology and Neurosciences, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Gastroenterology etc.
- It is a c... Read More
Frequently asked questions about Tlif Surgery in United Arab Emirates
1. What is TLIF surgery?
TLIF is known as transformational lumbar interbody fusion, this surgery is done on the lower back area to remove intervertebral disc and for joining two or more spinal bone together using screws and cage.
2. Is TLIF a major surgery?
Yes, it is a major surgery it requires hospital stay for one to three days and after that physical therapies are given for your recovery.
3. What is the success rate of TLIF surgery?
The success rate of the patient is being improved upto 60 to 70 percent after spinal fusion surgery and nearly 80 percent of patients are satisfied with the result.
4. Why do you need TLIF surgery?
TLIF surgery is mainly advised to those patients who may some conditions such as disc prolapse which causes pressure on the roots of the nerve when one or more condition exist.
5. How diagnosis is made for TLIF surgery?
Proper history taking and neurological examination are the essential part of the surgery. The history obtained from the patient is an essential part of the surgery. In examination CT scan, MRI scan, standing X ray are taken.
6. What does TLIF treatment treats?
TLIF is the best treatment those patients who are suffering from spinal stenosis, lumbar caanal stenosis, black disc or nerve compression along with some pain on the lower back region.
7. When is Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF) performed?
Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion is being done for treating numerous spinal disorders such as degenerative disc disease, herniated disc, spindylolisthesis and the conditions are also used in treatment of spinal cord or nerve root compression, spinal instability and weakness.
1. How long does TLIF surgery lasts?
TLIF surgery lasts for nearly three to six hours depending on the number of spinal levels involved in the surgery.
2. Which anesthesia is used for TLIF surgery?
This surgery is mainly done under general anesthesia, with patient lying down on the surgical table.
3. How TLIF surgery is done?
TLIF surgery is done by making a posterior incision which exposes the back of the spine. Pedical screws are placed into the vertebra and the disc space is exposed on one side by removing the facet joint and by protecting the nerve root once it enters to disc space the disc material are removed.
4. How long does a TLIF take?
TLIF surgery will take around three hours to be done under general anesthesia.
5. Who performs TLIF surgery?
TLIF surgery is being done by an orthopedics.
1. How long does it take to walk after spinal surgery?
You can walk and move around the same day after surgery and there are chances that you will be discharged after one to four days of surgery. You will able to completely move your body after four to six weeks of surgery.
2. What should I do after TLIF surgery?
You should avoid doing strenuous activity such as bicycle riding, Jogging, weight lifting for two to four weeks after surgery. You should avoid riding in car for about more than thirty minutes for two to four weeks after surgery.
3. Will you have pain after the surgery?
Immediate after the surgery you will have some pain near the area where surgery was done. You will be provided with pain medications to make sure that you are comfortable. The leg pain which you are having before the surgery will be immediately improved.
4. When the stitches are removed after surgery?
Non dissolvable stitches are removed after five to ten days of surgery. Stiches will be covered by simple dressing or bandages.
5. When you should call for medical advice?
You may need medical attention if you see that fluid is leaking or there is redness seen at the site of wound or your dressing is soaked with blood and you are having high temperature or your pain is increasing and you are not able to move your legs.
6. How long patient have to stay in hospital after surgery?
Patients are required to stay in hospital for three to five days after the surgery.
7. Will you need to take any medications after surgery?
Yes, patients are needed medications for five days after surgery.
8. Will you need to wear braces after surgery?
In some cases, the surgeon may recommend using a spinal brace to help support the back while it heals.
9. When can you start doing exercise after surgery?
You have to limit your physical activities for few weeks after surgery and patients are told to encourage their activity level which they can easily do.
10. What precautions you have to take after TLIF surgery?
The fusion portion of TLIF will prevent the movement of spine at joint, you may feel stiffness at the level of TLIF. When the two vertebrae will fuse they will produce small amount of stiffness and if the fusion is long longer sect.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals