Tlif Surgery Cost In GermanyChat
What is Tlif Surgery?
Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF) is a procedure that fuses the anterior and posterior columns of the spine through a posterior approach.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF) procedure involves an operation performed on the lower back to remove an intervertebral disc, followed by combing two or more spinal bones (vertebrae) together using screws and a cage.
Who is the Right Doctor for Tlif Surgery?
The right doctor to consult for Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion is an Orthopedic and Spine Surgeon.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate of Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion varies between 80-84%.
Possible risks after TLIF, may include Infection, Excessive bleeding, Nerve damage, Blood clots, The bones may not fuse together well or new pain at the site of surgery.
Tlif Surgery in Germany
Popular Cities in Germany for Tlif Surgery are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Tlif Surgery in GermanyFilter
Showing 32 Hospitals and doctors for Tlif Surgery in Germany
Asklepios Hospital Barmbek, Hamburg
- Founded in 2005, Asklepios Hospital Barmbek is a part of the Asklepios medical group.
- The Asklepios group was founded in 1985 and is one of the largest networks of private clinics.
- All the hospitals of this group have in-house laboratories performing more than 18 million tests annually.
- The group is the first in Germany to be certified in accordance with the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM).
- The hospital offers state-of-the-art treatments to more than 80,000 national and international patients.
- It has been granted numerous certifications for its extremely advanced medical standards.
- The hospital has been recognized as one of the best clinics in the world in the field of medical tourism by Alliance for Quality of Medical Tourism.
- It has been awarded a CTQ quality certificate, which indicates impeccable medical services.
- This clinic is one of the renowned hospitals for the treatment of liver diseases.
- It is one of the few hospitals in the world to use bactericidal action of copper surfaces, including copper light switches and copper handles to create a “hospital free from germs”.
- According to the Medical Travel Quality Alliance Quality (MTQUA), the hospital ranks among the top ten hospitals in the world in the field of medical tourism.
Vivantes Hospital Group
- The Vivantes Hospital Group is one of the largest state-owned healthcare companies operating around 100 medical departments and institutions, rehabilitation centers, 40 centers of excellence, primary healthcare facilities, 12 nursing facilities, and other outpatient and inpatient healthcare facilities in Berlin, Germany
- The Vivantes Hospital Group was founded in 2001 and the company runs 10 hospitals with a total capacity of nearly 6,000 beds and more than 17,000 employees, 2,300 of which are physicians.
- The Hospitals treat nearly 2,35,622 inpatients and 3,22,503 outpatients per year.
- An exceptional foreign department was established to assist all queries of international patients.
- It is the biggest state-owned hospital group in Berlin providing hospital care for about a third of patients in the city seeking inpatient care.
- Vivantes Clinic August-Victoria received the status of "Baby-friendly hospital" and Vivantes Humboldt and Vivantes Friedrichshain clinics were awarded the UNICEF Quality Awards.
- The tumor center of Vivantes consists of three cancer centers in the north, south, and in the center of Berlin. All three cancer centers are certified by the German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO).
- The Federation for Environmental Protection and Nature Conservation of Germany (Bund Berlin) awarded the Vivantes Neukolln clinic status "Energy Saving Hospital".
Meoclinic Hospital, Berlin
- Founded in 2000, Meoclinic Hospital is a multidisciplinary medical center and is part of MEOGROUP.
- The hospital is certified by the ISO 9001:2008 quality standard and meets the highest medical requirements of the European Union.
- Located in the center of Berlin, the hospital offers the highest level of medical services.
- The team of specialists provides high-quality assistance to every patient.
- Patients choose this hospital for neurology, plastic surgery, endocrinology, pediatric neurosurgery, obstetrics and gynecology.
- It has 5 narrow-focused centers – cardiology, radiology, phlebology, surgery and rehabilitation.
- The center has the latest equipment, including the newest devices of CT and MRI scan, Doppler ultrasonography, EEG and devices for conducting duplex 3D and 4D sonography.
- Spanned in an area of 4,500 square meters, it has 45 beds, including 6 intensive care beds, 3 inpatient and 1 outpatient operating theatres.
Doctors for Tlif Surgery in Germany
NeurosurgeonChief, 35 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Med. Jürgen Kiwit is a neurosurgeon with 35+ years of experience.
- His areas of expertise include Kyphoplasty, Vertebroplasty, endoscopic intervertebral disc surgery, Neuronavigation for spinal and cranial surgery.
- He is a member of AANS (American Association of Neurological Surgeons), WFNS (World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies) and Mayo Alumni German Speaking League.
- Dr. Kiwit completed his graduation followed by post-graduation.
- He did his training in neurosurgery from prestigious hospitals in Germany.
- He has many publications under his name in both national and international journals.
Prof. Dr. med. Klaus Dieter Schaser
Spine SurgeonHead of Department, 24 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. med. Klaus Dieter Schaser is a spine surgeon with 24+ years of experience.
- His clinical focus includes intervertebral disc surgery, spinal stabilizations, spinal corrections, spinal tumor extirpations and treatment of spinal inflammations.
- He did graduation from University of Erlangen-Nuremberg and did his internship at the University of Regensburg.
- Dr. Schaser is a member of numerous medical and scientific associations, including German Trauma Society, German Society of Surgery, German Spinal Society, German Society of Orthopedics and Trauma and Scientific Orthopedic Society.
- He has been awarded the prize by the orthopedic society in the field of orthopedic research in microvascular medicine.
Prof. Dr. med. Alexander Disch
Spine SurgeonConsultant, 18 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. med. Alexander Disch is a spine surgeon with 18+ years of experience.
- His clinical expertise includes degenerative scoliosis, cervical degenerative disc disease, cervical disc herniation, cervical myelopathy, cervical stenosis, compression fractures and degenerative spondylolisthesis.
- He is a member of German Society for Spine Surgery.
- Dr. Disch completed graduation from Technische Universität München followed by post-graduation.
- He has a comparable number of publications in German specialist journals.
Before Tlif Surgery - Most Frequently Asked Questions
TLIF is known as transformational lumbar interbody fusion, this surgery is done on the lower back area to remove intervertebral disc and for joining two or more spinal bone together using screws and cage.
Yes, it is a major surgery it requires hospital stay for one to three days and after that physical therapies are given for your recovery.
The success rate of the patient is being improved upto 60 to 70 percent after spinal fusion surgery and nearly 80 percent of patients are satisfied with the result.
TLIF surgery is mainly advised to those patients who may some conditions such as disc prolapse which causes pressure on the roots of the nerve when one or more condition exist.
Proper history taking and neurological examination are the essential part of the surgery. The history obtained from the patient is an essential part of the surgery. In examination CT scan, MRI scan, standing X ray are taken.
TLIF is the best treatment those patients who are suffering from spinal stenosis, lumbar caanal stenosis, black disc or nerve compression along with some pain on the lower back region.
Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion is being done for treating numerous spinal disorders such as degenerative disc disease, herniated disc, spindylolisthesis and the conditions are also used in treatment of spinal cord or nerve root compression, spinal instability and weakness.
During the Tlif Surgery - Most Frequently Asked Questions
TLIF surgery lasts for nearly three to six hours depending on the number of spinal levels involved in the surgery.
This surgery is mainly done under general anesthesia, with patient lying down on the surgical table.
TLIF surgery is done by making a posterior incision which exposes the back of the spine. Pedical screws are placed into the vertebra and the disc space is exposed on one side by removing the facet joint and by protecting the nerve root once it enters to disc space the disc material are removed.
TLIF surgery will take around three hours to be done under general anesthesia.
TLIF surgery is being done by an orthopedics.
After Tlif Surgery - Most Frequently Asked Questions
You can walk and move around the same day after surgery and there are chances that you will be discharged after one to four days of surgery. You will able to completely move your body after four to six weeks of surgery.
You should avoid doing strenuous activity such as bicycle riding, Jogging, weight lifting for two to four weeks after surgery. You should avoid riding in car for about more than thirty minutes for two to four weeks after surgery.
Immediate after the surgery you will have some pain near the area where surgery was done. You will be provided with pain medications to make sure that you are comfortable. The leg pain which you are having before the surgery will be immediately improved.
Non dissolvable stitches are removed after five to ten days of surgery. Stiches will be covered by simple dressing or bandages.
You may need medical attention if you see that fluid is leaking or there is redness seen at the site of wound or your dressing is soaked with blood and you are having high temperature or your pain is increasing and you are not able to move your legs.
Patients are required to stay in hospital for three to five days after the surgery.
Yes, patients are needed medications for five days after surgery.
In some cases, the surgeon may recommend using a spinal brace to help support the back while it heals.
You have to limit your physical activities for few weeks after surgery and patients are told to encourage their activity level which they can easily do.
The fusion portion of TLIF will prevent the movement of spine at joint, you may feel stiffness at the level of TLIF. When the two vertebrae will fuse they will produce small amount of stiffness and if the fusion is long longer sect.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals