Tlif Surgery Cost In MalaysiaChat
What is Tlif Surgery?
Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF) is a procedure that fuses the anterior and posterior columns of the spine through a posterior approach.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF) procedure involves an operation performed on the lower back to remove an intervertebral disc, followed by combing two or more spinal bones (vertebrae) together using screws and a cage.
Who is the Right Doctor for Tlif Surgery?
The right doctor to consult for Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion is an Orthopedic and Spine Surgeon.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate of Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion varies between 80-84%.
Possible risks after TLIF, may include Infection, Excessive bleeding, Nerve damage, Blood clots, The bones may not fuse together well or new pain at the site of surgery.
Cost related to Tlif Surgery in Malaysia
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|TLIF surgery||Rs.186480 to Rs.248640|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Tlif Surgery in MalaysiaFilter
Showing 126 Hospitals and doctors for Tlif Surgery in Malaysia
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Established in 1996, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is NABL and JCI accredited.
- Apollo Group offers 10,000 beds across 64 hospitals, more than 2,200 pharmacies, over 100 primary care & diagnostic clinics and 115 telemedicine units across 9 countries.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has 52 specialties under one roof.
- Major specialities of the hospital include Anaesthesia, Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Cancer, Paediatrics, Critical Care, Emergency Care, Fetal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Interventional Radiology, IVF, Liver and Kidney Transplant, Nuclear Medicine, Nephrology, Neurosciences, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Otolaryngology (ENT), Paediatrics, Pediatric Surgery, Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Respiratory & Sleep Medicine, Rheumatology, Spine Surgery, Urology and Andrology and Vascular and Endovascular Surgery.
- First hospital in India to perform a Paediatric Liver Transplant in 1998.
- The hospital ranked first in Neurosciences, Renal Sciences, Oncology, Paediatrics, Gynaecology and Obstetrics & Emergency in The Times Of India Healthcare Survey 2016.
- It has also ranked the 6th Best Private Hospital in India for Cardiology by The WEEK in the Best Hospital Survey 2013 conducted by A C Nielsen.
- Awarded a Special Commendation for the Golden Peacock Environment Management Award by a jury chaired by Justice P. N. Bhagwati and Former Chief Justice of India for the hospital's environmental practices.
Indian Spinal Injuries Center, New Delhi
- NABH and NABL accredited, Indian Spinal Injuries Center is the most advanced Spine, Orthopaedic, Neuromuscular, Arthroscopic Surgical Center in India.
- It attends over 200,000 patients across 55 countries every year.
- Offers high quality treatment at affordable rates.
- Specializes in Spine Surgery, Orthopedics, Rheumatology, Neurology, Rehabilitation, Urology, and Plastic Surgery.
- Established in 1997, the hospital's motto is 'a patient for a patient' and provides everything that a spine injured patient would need to recover.
- With the Director of the hospital, Major HPS Ahuluwalia's vision, the government of Italy had invested 10 million American dollars in the project through San Raffaelle Hospital, Milan.
- It is the largest ever Italian collaboration in the health care sector of the country.
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
The neurosurgical experts deliver the superlative degree of clinical care with a focus on using minimally invasive techniques whenever possible.
The team is highly skilled in treating conditions such as a cerebral aneurysm, Arteriovenous Malformations, Subarachnoid Haemorrhage, Metastatic Spinal Column Tumours etc
The neurosurgery is well-armed with the modern equipment to perform deep brain stimulation, brain aneurysm coiling, brain and spinal arteriovenous malformations embolization, intracranial angioplasty and stenting and many more.
Presently, the latest neuro intervention implants are being deployed such as Flow diverters, Liquid embolization agents like Squid and Phil, low profile intracranial stents and newer intracranial balloons.
Approximately 250-300 neurointerventional procedures are conducted each year.
Dr.Vijay K Dixit, one of the best neurosurgeons in India, works with the hospital has an experience of about 18 years.
So far, he has performed about 10,000 spinal and neural angiograms, 2000 neuro-intervention procedures and more than 1400 aneurysm coiling procedures.
Doctors for Tlif Surgery in Malaysia
NeurosurgeonDirector, 20 years of experience
- Dr Sandeep Vaishya is one of the top Neurosurgeons in India.
- He has 22+ years of experience in the field & has been associated with some of the best hospitals in India.
- His specializations are Intracranial Brain Tumour Surgery, Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery, Skull Base Surgery, Brain Surgery, General Surgery, Minimally Invasive Brain, Spine Surgery & Image-Guided Neurosurgery, Peripheral Nerve Surgery, and Brachial Plexus Surgery.
- Dr. Vaishya has completed his MBBS & MS from the well-known G R Medical College, Gwalior. Following which he did his MCh at the prestigious AIIMS, Delhi.
- He is an awardee of the Sundt Fellowship at Mayo Clinic, USA.
- He is one of the leading surgeons in the world for brachial plexus Injuries and in South Asia for Gamma Knife Surgery.
- He did several successful surgeries in the field of neurosurgery.
- Dr. Vaishya's treatment for Hydrocephalus was also featured in the popular Netflix documentary Rooting for Roona.
Cost of consultation for Tlif Surgery with Dr. Sandeep Vaishya starts from INR 2000.
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 19 years of experience
- Dr Arun Saroha is a renowned brain & spine surgeons in India.
- With an experience of over 14 years, he is one of the first few to perform Soliosis surgery in India.
- On completing his MS from RNT Medical College, Udaipur, he did his Mch (Neurosurgery) from the renowned PGI Chandigarh.
- He has more than 8000 brain and spine surgeries to his credit.
- He is a visiting faculty to various famous organisations like Ferdinand Church University ,Nigeria ,Baghdad University ,Baghdad,
- Dr Arun as his expertise in Brain Tumour Surgery, Brain Aneurysms, Spine Surgeries, Spine Instrumentation surgeries, Management of head injury patients.
- He can be followed at LinkedIn https://in.linkedin.com/in/arunsaroha
Cost of consultation for Tlif Surgery with Dr. Arun Saroha starts from INR 1400.
Spine SurgeonHOD, 20 years of experience
- Dr. Vidyadhara is a renowned Spine Surgeon with 20 years of experience.
- He has performed nearly 6000 spine surgeries so far.
- Some of the key areas of his interest are spinal disc surgery, joint dislocation treatment, spine injury, scoliosis correction, slip disc, neck & spine biopsy, etc.
- He has won more than 30 national and international awards during his academic career for excellence in spine surgeries.
- He has numerous international publications in indexed journals.
- He was awarded the ISCA Young Scientist Award from the then President of India, the Lester Lowe SICOT Award in 2007, and ISSLS Best Research Award in 2010.
- He was the third Indian who won the prestigious SRS Traveling Fellowship to visit the best centers for Spine surgery in the USA.
- After completing his MBBS, Dr. Vidyadhara went on to specialize in orthopedics by doing MS from Kasturba Medical College and DNB from the National Board of Examinations.
Cost of consultation for Tlif Surgery with Dr. Vidyadhara S. starts from INR 900.
Before Tlif Surgery - Most Frequently Asked Questions
TLIF is known as transformational lumbar interbody fusion, this surgery is done on the lower back area to remove intervertebral disc and for joining two or more spinal bone together using screws and cage.
Yes, it is a major surgery it requires hospital stay for one to three days and after that physical therapies are given for your recovery.
The success rate of the patient is being improved upto 60 to 70 percent after spinal fusion surgery and nearly 80 percent of patients are satisfied with the result.
TLIF surgery is mainly advised to those patients who may some conditions such as disc prolapse which causes pressure on the roots of the nerve when one or more condition exist.
Proper history taking and neurological examination are the essential part of the surgery. The history obtained from the patient is an essential part of the surgery. In examination CT scan, MRI scan, standing X ray are taken.
TLIF is the best treatment those patients who are suffering from spinal stenosis, lumbar caanal stenosis, black disc or nerve compression along with some pain on the lower back region.
Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion is being done for treating numerous spinal disorders such as degenerative disc disease, herniated disc, spindylolisthesis and the conditions are also used in treatment of spinal cord or nerve root compression, spinal instability and weakness.
During the Tlif Surgery - Most Frequently Asked Questions
TLIF surgery lasts for nearly three to six hours depending on the number of spinal levels involved in the surgery.
This surgery is mainly done under general anesthesia, with patient lying down on the surgical table.
TLIF surgery is done by making a posterior incision which exposes the back of the spine. Pedical screws are placed into the vertebra and the disc space is exposed on one side by removing the facet joint and by protecting the nerve root once it enters to disc space the disc material are removed.
TLIF surgery will take around three hours to be done under general anesthesia.
TLIF surgery is being done by an orthopedics.
After Tlif Surgery - Most Frequently Asked Questions
You can walk and move around the same day after surgery and there are chances that you will be discharged after one to four days of surgery. You will able to completely move your body after four to six weeks of surgery.
You should avoid doing strenuous activity such as bicycle riding, Jogging, weight lifting for two to four weeks after surgery. You should avoid riding in car for about more than thirty minutes for two to four weeks after surgery.
Immediate after the surgery you will have some pain near the area where surgery was done. You will be provided with pain medications to make sure that you are comfortable. The leg pain which you are having before the surgery will be immediately improved.
Non dissolvable stitches are removed after five to ten days of surgery. Stiches will be covered by simple dressing or bandages.
You may need medical attention if you see that fluid is leaking or there is redness seen at the site of wound or your dressing is soaked with blood and you are having high temperature or your pain is increasing and you are not able to move your legs.
Patients are required to stay in hospital for three to five days after the surgery.
Yes, patients are needed medications for five days after surgery.
In some cases, the surgeon may recommend using a spinal brace to help support the back while it heals.
You have to limit your physical activities for few weeks after surgery and patients are told to encourage their activity level which they can easily do.
The fusion portion of TLIF will prevent the movement of spine at joint, you may feel stiffness at the level of TLIF. When the two vertebrae will fuse they will produce small amount of stiffness and if the fusion is long longer sect.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals